Trusted Chat

Pokemon365

Reaction score
I have ran into this problem a couple of times. When there are no ops on you always just ping another one, and there will be times where none can be on. But some trusteds would be on. This is just a simple idea but i think that it is necessary.
Trusted chat will be something like #(message) but for trusteds (or like @@t)
Ops will still be able to read it
The main reason why i think that this is necessary is because trusteds need to communicate more since we can't just go fly around the map looking for the people.

ZombiePineapple

The Hell Raiser
Reaction score
I like this suggestion. I have noticed that when i was a trusted most ops were offline and weren't on irc and there were a few trusteds on with me and we had to communicate through main chat which was a bother but we managed to work but this would be very helpful and thank god you included the op+ can still see it

CaramelCow

Reaction score
Can't you simply type /whisper and then all you do is say there name plus message. Eg: /whisper
caramelcow how are you? zombie how are you? It would send 1st one to me then second to zombiepineapple.
Then again I am not staff, so I can't say if it would benefit or not.

Trap_Wolf

dam u str8 babygurl
Reaction score
Website
www.trapwolf.com
I'd have to agree with Chilling and Caramel. The PM system and how it's not necessarily an important tool the server or [Trusted] need. Generally # is used to contact [Op]s in /hide or to give certain information they don't want to say publicly. [Trusted] are never un-contactable because, obviously, they don't use /hide.

So otherwise unless there is so PRESSING NEED of information being kept silently through [Trusted] players and [Op]s; stated over and over no need for [Trusted] chat. U:

Plus Opchat is just a perk those who are voted Promoted that [Trusted] then deserve. It just feels like it should be/stay one of those things.

Sasher

Reaction score
Agreeing with the above posts, I think a Trusted chat would just be unnecessary. Most of the time there usually is an OP either on the server or on the IRC and if it ever comes to the case where there isn't any around PMing each other would work just fine.

dannyboymed

Without a title
Reaction score
While it's a good idea in some respects, what you risk doing is creating tiers of chat, which just means nobody talks to each other.

While I'm sure trusteds would use this to talk to each other about rulebreakers and stuff, it might just turn into a conversation channel at times (it happens with the op channel occasionally too), and if the channels are spread too thinly, it encourages a bigger gap between trusteds and ordinary players, because they're not talking to each other as much.

Direct messaging is a better idea.