Toiletprincess' Staff Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toiletprincess

The Eternal Dinosaur
Reaction score
In-game username: Toiletprincess

Time-zone: GMT +8

How much time will you be able to spend staffing the server each day?
On weekends, I can spend most of the day on.
On weekdays the most would be 5-6 hours, and at the least half an hour - an hour-- but it doesn't often come down to that.

What do you think the responsibilities of an operator are on this server?
The responsibilities of an operator on this server-- and most servers is to be friendly, understanding, calm and approachable, while at the same time being responsible and enforcing the rules, whilst helping people in dilemmas such as griefing; any form. Whether it's as simple as breaking into someone's house or as bad as flooding, Operators have to be able to solve a problem with poise and understanding - and especially staying calm in a.. sticky situation. Not only grief, but any sort of breach of the rules set forth must be taken care of. Rude/crude behaviour, or anything that may make the game less enjoyable for all players - regular or new. Operators have the responsibility of being forgiving- but also knowing when someone has taken it too far, and showing the new players the ropes-- even if it means abandoning your house to help them to the store or through the tutorial, Operators need to be there for the players and even other staff in all situations or obstacles present.

What sets you apart from other applicants?
I've had past experience with staffing, as I was a Trusted on Classic Lava before it shut down, I'm often quite lenient, which may be good or bad-- but we need a mix of strict and gentler staff to balance out the server to make it more enjoyable with a variety of personalities and different approaches to staffing-- we can all learn off each other. Also, there aren't many people in my timezone, so I think that may be an asset to the server, having more staff available for that specific time.

What do you believe your greatest weaknesses are as a player and/or staff member? Admittedly, I tend to have a short attention span, which I'm working on. (Especially for school purposes). But as I said, I'm working on it and personally, I feel as if I've improved greatly. I may have difficulty with rude or disrespectful players- as I often seem to brush insults off-- but I really take a lot of stuff to heart and that may upset me.

How would you approach a problem that you are unfamiliar with? If I had a problem I was unfamiliar with, first I'd think of whether I'd experienced anything similar that I could relate it to, so that I could avoid having to disrupt another staff member, but if that isn't the case i would first call a fellow Operator, and work myself up to the higher ranks if need be.

What previous experience staffing on Blocktopia servers do you have? I was a Trusted on Classic Lava

References: Enemy_NPC (cooliorules), FrenchSanta12

FrenchSanta12

Voldemort
Reaction score
Toiletprincess, I'm glad you have applied. This is a great application. I truly believe that you're one of the friendliest and most helpful players on RoF. Also, you have had experience on Classic Lava, you being Trusted. You kind of remind me of RoF ex-operator Kylieanna, you're very responsible. Another big plus is that your Gmt time is +8, and we need more staff on the European-Australian time zone. I'm glad I referenced you, I honestly think you will make a great job as an operator.

Good luck!
+1

Reactions: Forseti and Henry

cooliorules

That Awkward Noodle
Donor
Reaction score
Toiletprincess!! I've been waiting for this : )
You're a very responsible person, and I love to see that in someone who is trying out for Operator. You are always helping out others when possible, and try to be as friendly as possible. You are always positive when online, and have a good online time per day.
I feel that Toiletprincess would be a great asset to the team - especially having that great timezone of GMT+8, one of the timezones that needs a bit more filling up.
Good luck!!
A shiny +1!

Butamou

Grandmason
Contributor
Reaction score
As what French said you remind me of Kylieanna which is a good thing. Whenever I see you around you are polite to others; and with your past experience and timezone I would be more than willing to see you on staff. +1

Undefined User 7

Psychosomatic
Reaction score
Once again, another unexpected applicant. Now as a person, Toiletprincess is an excellent candidate for staff anywhere. She's friendly, active, and funny to boot. However, her involvement within the RoF community bothers me. Let's firstly consider rank. Toiletprincess just recently became an Expert. Seeing that many of our applicants are Masters and Grandmasters, this concerns me. While I do understand many cases such as CaffeinatedKitty, I do not believe Toiletprincess is such a case. Rank is important, it shows one's commitment to the server, and how much time they've spent on it. I myself was an Expert at the time of my application, true, but I ranked up to Master the very next day. I'm also worried about the lack of RoF-specific forum activity. Just looking at your recent posts there isn't a single one in the RoF subforum. Suffice to say, it's not demanded that staff have no life and just exist within RoF. That's far from the truth, I'm sure you know. But out players and community need to know we're involved. And without forum involvement or noteworthy ontime, how can this be accomplished?

Let me reiterate, as a person Toiletprincess has the potential to be staff anywhere, and certainly staff here. However, I do not believe now is the time for her to join our ranks. I apologize Toilet, but I'm going to vote -1 on this application. I respect you as a person and as a friend, I wholeheartedly believe the players of RoF need to see you as a leader before you can be seen as staff. If this application does get accepted, believe me, I'll be one of the first to welcome you. This is no personal vote, I think you're really funny and a cool person to be around. But I have to vote with what I believe the server's best interests are, and I just don't think it's time for you to step up.

D

DarkHender

This caught me off guard, you're an amazing person Toilet, don't get me wrong. Though I am not sure if I think you're ready to be staff. I think you should spend some more time on the server and get acquainted with the players and the server more. :)

Good luck with the rest of your application, Toilet.

Forseti

The Presiding One
Donor
Reaction score
Biblius's post and my thoughts are very, very similar. You're quite the bright and respectable person, but I don't think now's the time to see you as an operator. It's not a capability sort of thing, it's just that it's hard to see that dedication you may have compared to other applicants.

Since I myself don't think voting 0 plays out well, I'm going with a -1 too. I'd really love to see you apply later on, though; give it some more time and I'll think you're extremely fit for the job!

• Agree
Reactions: Undefined User 7

Ronaldo

Geezuslike
Donor
Reaction score
Heya TP,

We're going to deny your application for now. I'm with Biblius and Forseti in this one. You're a bright person and have a great personality, but we need more time from you on the server before considering you as an Operator. The staff have already nailed to what you need to improve on, so feel free to re-apply again in the future once you think you've improved yourself on the server. We hope to see you again soon!

(Also, to throw a note in, it DOES NOT matter what rank you are on the server. What really matters is the amount of time you've spent on the server, how friendly and mature you are, and how much dedication you've given to the playerbase/staff. I got Operator when I was an Apprentice. Forum activity DOES help a ton though!)

Status
Not open for further replies.