[To Be Implemented] Super Cookies and/or Creatures

Status
Not open for further replies.

pecks7

Reaction score
As some people may remember, there was multiple kinds of cookies in classic, cookies and... Super cookies! I request to bring super cookies to Premium, but for them to be gm only. Super cookies could be used for buying creatures (as was done in classic), titles, login/logout messages, and rare blocks. You could also donate to the lava god (how nostalgic) for secret. I believe that this will work much better then classic due to there being a wider range of blocks and features in premium.

Creatures were used in classic to battle against other creatures, to win cookies. This could work buy players buying a custom spawnegg (made using BoS) that would have ai to follow certain commands. /C(reature) (attack/follow/kill/contain/ect) Attack to attack other players creatures, Follow to follow you, Kill to remove your creature to get another, and contain to put it into a storage so it cant attack/be attacked.

You could also buy blocks such as dragon eggs (for all you dragon fans out there ;)), Some spawners (nothing like skeletons, withers, or other agressive mobs) Each staff could have their own block which could have enchantments on it. Eg. Block of Dessern5: Fire Aspect 1 Flame 1. Staff would be able to chose which block, aslong as it is not overpowered such as a block of diamonds, and chose 1-3 enchants for it.

Adding super cookies would give Grandmasters something to work for, aswell as people who don't like the gold colour and stay master so they don't get that 'Putrid yellow-y colour' a reason to rank up to grandmaster. It would also bring more players back to the server, As many have been known to play less/none after reaching grandmaster due to having nothing to strive for.

• Winner
Reactions: Notme and Mia

Psycho

Insufficient Data
Donor
Reaction score
Would it be possible to turn these creatures into Pixelmon?
Perhaps capture them instead? Maybe transport players that want to battle each other into an arena or a copy of the map?
Basically RoF x Pixelmon. RoP.

pecks7

Reaction score
For it to be Pixelmon, Every player would require the pixelmon mod, And the lobby would need it aswel, Forcing all the servers to need it, So it would not be possible, I dont think.

MetalGearSolis

That kid with the avatar
Reaction score
For it to be Pixelmon, Every player would require the pixelmon mod, And the lobby would need it aswel, Forcing all the servers to need it, So it would not be possible, I dont think.
The lobby wouldn't need the Pixelmon mod. It's kind of like saying that for RoF to run, the lobby would need the RoF plugin, and so would every server, plus Pixelmon doesn't work with other plugins so :p

pecks7

Reaction score
The lobby wouldn't need the Pixelmon mod. It's kind of like saying that for RoF to run, the lobby would need the RoF plugin, and so would every server, plus Pixelmon doesn't work with other plugins so :p
If you try connecting to a server with the pixelmon mod on, You can't, And if you try connecting to a server that runs pixelmon when you dont have it, you can't. So, You would not be able to connect to lobby if you have pixelmon on, But if you have it off you would not be able to connect to RoF.

• Sad
Reactions: Duffie

Mia

Reaction score
If this could in fact be implemented into the game I personally think it would be fantastic, as pecks mentioned above it would give Grandmasters something to work for. As well as just adding something fun and different into the game.

• Agree
Reactions: pecks7

pecks7

Reaction score
Only problem would be having to code the plugin. I don't think there are any plugins out there that support multiple types of currencys, and the shop's coding may need to be tweaked for it to allow both currencys.

W

Wimali

I personally feel like super cookies aren't really necessary. Creatures have been suggested before, around a year ago, and well... never received an official answer. Same with custom login/logout messages, and I'm pretty sure either Ogarci or Dirtcake have said before that they don't want to add custom titles because it'd be too confusing or something.

Anyway, here's what I had to say last time this suggestion was brought up:

Well, it's a nice idea. I just don't like it. Creatures were a classic thing, and I feel like they should stay like that. It doesn't add that much to the gameplay, and I don't think a lot of people would be using this. Sure, some people would, but after a while it would barely be used anymore and only something new players try out sometimes. It's a fun thing, sure. But meh. Would mainly interest really active RoF players and old classic players, I'd think. It's a nice thing for nostalgia, but that's pretty much all.

I don't really like the pets either- I just don't see a point in it. Sure, it's nice to have a little pet around you, but it's not that original, is it? There's countless games out there that have some kind of thing like this. Pets walking by your side, sometimes just for fun, sometimes doing amazing shit. But I just feel like it doesn't fit with RoF.

Undefined User 7

Psychosomatic
Reaction score
Only problem would be having to code the plugin. I don't think there are any plugins out there that support multiple types of currencies, and the shop's coding may need to be tweaked for it to allow both currencies.
This herein is my concern. RoF relies on quite a few plugins, if you type /help you see they go to over 20 pages! Dirtcake works quite hard to keep our current plugins from breaking, and while it's nice to have shiny new toys to play with, I do not think we can currently include this mod.

Along with this, I'm not a big fan of only Grandmasters having access. Sure, you don't give it to every Crafter who walks in and plays a few rounds. But still, it feels like elitism. I feel as if more ranks should be included, perhaps extending the access down to Experts. It's important to include as many people as is reasonable, and I'd say Experts have certainly distinguished themselves form the average player. If someone doesn't want to rank up to Grandmaster, I also don't feel that's a problem. @CaffeinatedKitty has spent her entire time as Crafter, and she seems fine with that.

CaffeinatedKitty

Intoxicated Feline
Reaction score
I actually do want to add my own input. I think instead of it being a rank thing, it could be based off of ontime, so if someone likes buying things or saving cookies rather than ranking up, they would be able to use it as well. Of course, it makes sense that we shouldn't have them, but I think it would be fun. I never did get my creature in Classic to a high level...
(And for the record, I am fine with staying Crafter :p I've explained it so many times XD)

Status
Not open for further replies.