[To Be Implemented] [Suggestion] IRC-Related commands

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

Wimali

IRC commands

As always, I’d like to remind you this is a suggestion. That means I would mostly just like to hear your opinion on it, see if people would want it to get implemented, if the directors want it, if it would even be realistic- The fact that I’m suggesting an idea doesn’t mean I particularly like it. (but in this case I totally want it omg)

What is this idea?

I feel like there should be two IRC-related commands: /irc list and /irc ping. The first command would give a list of all people who are currently in the RoF IRC. The latter one should ping all people that are not opped. So not directors and controllers- But people could still ping them manually if really needed if they see the higher staff is online through /irc list.

Why should this idea be implemented?

Knowing who to ping in case of a flood is really, really important. But sometimes, people just don’t have enough time to go to the IRC page and look if an operator is in IRC, or don’t have time to find out who’s staff and who’s not. And sometimes people are only in the RoF channel, and not in the Blocktopia channel. Using /irc list would give them a nice and complete list of the people who are in the channel, and /irc ping can be nice because it –shouldn’t- show in normal chat, and would make it so people don’t have to spam chat with staff’s name.

Reactions: Notme

Dess

The UmbreOp
Reaction score
Not to much in favor of the ping command but I am all for having an /irc list command put in. It would make it much easier to ping people as you said and would overall be helpful to know who is there in-case something personal happens.

• Agree
Reactions: 63LittlePiggy63
Status
Not open for further replies.