Status
Not open for further replies.

psycodragons

Reaction score
Name of the map: Corinthia
Creator(s): Psycodragons
Size: 53 x , 130 y
Biome: Desert
Screenshots, including timer areas (Do not use shaders or a custom resource pack!) :

http://imgur.com/a/Pzlsq : Timers

http://imgur.com/a/gtBro :Corinthia in General

If you included chests, then list the items that are contained in each of them (Optional):
1: 11 rotten flesh, 16 bones
2: 18 paper
Enderchest
3,4,5,6,7: Books (Lore)
Any block that you prefer to be no-break or no-drop?: None
Any extra information about your map?: Even after I have posted this here, I will continue adding lore books. I want this map to have a neat story that you can only piece together through reading the various notes and journals spread across the land.
The warp is /warp Corinthia
Download link (optional):

brownlee123

Reaction score
Map looks amazing, I would definitely vote for this on RoF! You may want to change the shape of the spawn, though. It's a little weird...

psycodragons

Reaction score
Map looks amazing, I would definitely vote for this on RoF! You may want to change the shape of the spawn, though. It's a little weird...
Yeah, the spawn was actually a last minute change. It was originally on the isolated house, but I was afraid people would die from falling on the land instead of water.

I'll fix up the spawn ASAP.

brownlee123

Reaction score
psycodragons said:
It was originally on the isolated house, but I was afraid people would die from falling on the land instead of water.
Yeah, I just saw from the screenies that it was some diamond-shape thing. I'm not sure if that would mess up the lava (don't think it would) but...

W

Wimali

The terrain doesn't feel very natural- It was obviously made using WorldEdit. Still, I feel like this map could be fun and should be given a chance.

• Informative
Reactions: buildbuild12

Dess

The UmbreOp
Reaction score
Really? Do you have any tips for future maps to make better terrain?
I mean besides the sand spheres and smooth tool.
You may want to smooth it more, deserts in general are very very flat. Yes more terrain is good in a map but you still want to try to appeal to the normal idea of that biome. Try using //naturalize to after smoothing it, it makes it look a bit more appealin and less awkward

W

Wimali

You may want to smooth it more, deserts in general are very very flat. Yes more terrain is good in a map but you still want to try to appeal to the normal idea of that biome. Try using //naturalize to after smoothing it, it makes it look a bit more appealin and less awkward
Although this is certainly helpful, I feel like the best way of making something look natural is by editing it by hand. Sure, this may take an extraordinary long amount of time, and you might not have the "judging skills" to know what looks natural and what doesn't.

Another great way of getting natural terrain is by using WorldPainter. It's a third-party tool which allows you to create awesome and natural terrain (once you learn how to work with it, anyway) and has been used by Butamou, Harold1995 & me!

CloudBryan9

Your Local Time Traveler
Reaction score
When I saw this for the first time I though "Wow!" great job on the map! I do see the WE in parts of the map. But for me that is not a game breaker. Hope to see this on RoF.

Ogarci

Controller
Controller
Survival Staff
Reaction score
Uh oh! It looks Corinthia is no longer on your plot. This is understandable since you made it 6 months ago , psycodragons . Would you happen to have a copy of it or know where I can obtain a schematic of the map?

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.