Declined [TNT] Seaspray Rig (resubmition)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Catcocomics

Reaction score
I've not been feeling that Seaspray Rig has really been working with CTF too well, so I think it might be better to just make it blow up.

Name: Seasrpay Rig
Author: Catcocomics
Game Type: TNT
Border: same as last time (self-contained)
Download: /warp SeaSprayRig
Round Time: 5-10 minutes
Minimum players: 8
Team Colors: Alpha and Bravo
Spawn Locations: the purple and yellow shulker boxes (same spots as last time)
Core Locations: The stained glass blocks at the central oil spout with nether starts indicating the appropriate team cores (remove the glass and their slabs in final game)
Shop Locations: the green shulker boxes at spawn
Block Restrictions: nothing breaks
Shop items: special contents in shulker boxes*
Fall damage: no
Kits: the purple and yellow shulker boxes* at the spawns

*the shops and kits contain items not normally seen/used in TNT. These include:
[Bubbler]: a shield with 86 durability (reduce if you wish). Since shields don't cancel knock back, and tnt does a ton of knockback, these are not op god items with all the water here.
[Bamboozler]: a regular pow 2 bow (if TNT allows for that). It's meant to be simply a conventional weapon.
[Seeker Bomb]: Creeper spawn egg. I haven't seen spawn eggs in TNT before, and I felt it may be fun to have walking explosives.
[Point Sensor]: spectral arrow, should be a little more expensive than standard arrows

Other items that I may have renamed (keep the names if you can please):
[Burst Bomb]: standard grenade
[Disruptor]: flash bang
[Ink Mines]: standard mines
[Inkstrike]: air strike
[Suction Bomb]: Big TNT

I want to try this map with the version that currently exists at the warp (with ladders and all).
People may have trouble with ladders, but I did put grappling hooks in the kits and shops.

I don't feel that I have the proper grasp on TNT pricing, so I guess I'll leave it up to you guys. Sorry

G

Guest35486

Hi Catco, thanks for the resubmission.

I really don't see the point of converting this map to a TNT map. It was built with the intention of a CTF map, (or even Rainmaker, as you've informed me) and converting a map to another game mode usually doesn't work out.

The main objective of TNT is to damage the other team's core. This is what your map looks like from a birds-eye view:

Once a team dominates the core area, it is hard for the other team to catch up. They can easily camp the cores and shoot down at players with the height advantage. During the respawn time, players of the opposing team can easily recover and prevent the other team from getting to their core when they respawn again.

Here's a birds-eye view of Colossal:

I'm not trying to compare your map to others', but I'm using Colossal as an example only because it's easy to see the format of the map. All the other TNT maps follow this same format of cores being on the sides and near spawns. This format works because it is harder for one team to dominate both cores. It also allows more competitive play as players try to get to the other side to damage the core.

Like I said earlier, it is easy to control the core area once one team is ahead. For example, you can easily shoot arrows at the other core while being next to your own. (Yes, it's probably easy to miss the core or hit the central structure from the screenshot, but I used it because that's where the core is. You can easily shoot at the other core just by moving a bit.)

The purple stained glass is the purple core. I'm standing next to the yellow core.

Also, I understand that iron doors are ugly, but they're there to prevent spawn killing.

Comp

AoD Dev and Admin!
Tech Lead
Community Admin
Admin
Developer
AoD Staff
Reaction score
What Arelic said sums up mostly what I think the problem(s) are with converting the map to TNT. I don't think the map really would work as well as it currently does for CTF. Thanks for suggesting the change, but we don't currently think it is worth doing.
-Declined

Status
Not open for further replies.