TNT 3.0?

graser10mc

Reaction score
Website
namemc.com
I AM MISSING TNT SO MUCH! WHEN WILL IT COME BACK??? If possible I would like to help assist with making TNT 3.0 happen. The way I found Blocktopia is from TNT and I would like to play it again if you need a lobby built or help with something send me a PM over the forums. I am usually out during the day so I will be available to read PM's etc at 3:30 EST

SparklyMuffinz

H2H: Here to Help
Reaction score
OK HELLO PEOPLE, did not realize it was confusing.

Firstly! graser10mc, I totally understand where you're coming from; I miss it a lot too. It would be a dream come true to release a version of TNT for you guys today but the reality is, creating a server takes time. With that time, I'm sure we'll surpass your expectations.

But you've have a lot of time!
I'd also like to mention that due to recent events, some discouragement has -naturally- occurred for our dev as we wait for some conclusion but we have goals and that's what's most important here. I will say threads like these are certainly entertaining encouragement enough when we see such interest and dedication! It's much appreciated.
I can assure you, TNT is and has been in development. As for a release date, there is not one yet, but progress is constantly being made.
Thank you, ryan. When we have the info you need, you will have it.

She resigned?
I resigned from DoD Director back in July, yes.

As tnt director? Can she do that?
No, I can't really do that since there isn't a TNT server yet. :p I solely resigned from our last SMP. If it was out, I could resign but I plan on sticking with this project for a long time.

She is known as the "[Retired] Explosive Director". No idea why she even has a director rank on the forums. *Cough* Baker93, superstein *Cough*
I believe she resigned from DoD... therefore the "[Retired]" however I honestly have no idea just guessing x)
Before the "Retired" it was "DoD's Explosive Director" but I "retired" from that; sorry if it was confusing. :p I didn't even think people paid attention to that. However, I believe the real intention was to have things progressing faster then they actually have.

SO TL;DR: "What is dead may never die, but rises again, harder and stronger." ;)
props to you if you got that reference

Hope this clears some stuff up.

Last edited:

graser10mc

Reaction score
Website
namemc.com
Well I think it depends if Mojang (Microsoft) decide to stop frickin argueing about bukkit and just update it themselves. if that happens I belive they might come out the same time because TNT has been in the works for 9-10 moths and as Danni said smps take 2-4 months I assume they might be out at the same time. As for it being not released yet I belive in the debs that they will get it done. I think they may be taking a long time to add some new exciting features maybe?

Jayfeather

Gay Magician
Donor
Reaction score
Well I think it depends if Mojang (Microsoft) decide to stop frickin argueing about bukkit and just update it themselves. if that happens I belive they might come out the same time because TNT has been in the works for 9-10 moths and as Danni said smps take 2-4 months I assume they might be out at the same time. As for it being not released yet I belive in the debs that they will get it done. I think they may be taking a long time to add some new exciting features maybe?
when you work on stuff sometimes you end up hitting blocks and issues that you gotta work around which isn't especially true for smp but is for tnt. smp has a "decent" track record where as tnt has to be changed to be appealing to the community. Just because there's a greater time differential doesn't mean that tnt is farther along. Not that I'd know where they are as a fact though

zezmi

The noob himself
Reaction score
Positives of always being in IRC: when someone fails a join command to a channel you see it. (Toadally not saying someone was joining a secret TNTv3 channel). I look forward to the next TNT, best server NA.

SparklyMuffinz

H2H: Here to Help
Reaction score
Going to respond to all and hopefully answer some questions.

I don't know man SMP has been down for 2-3 weeks? Tnt on the other hand has been down for 8-10 months?
You appear to be upset about this so please allow me to clarify the background story to help everyone better understand where we're at.

Premium TNT closed in October of 2013. On the Friday it was announced that we needed a dev to which (as I've said before) UltimateBudgie quickly responsed to our help ad. We spent quite a bit of time working on it, so much so that we expected a February 2014 release. Life and school happened for UB instead but he went back to working hard in April. Sometime after we had to do another pause, again due to real life, but we picked back up where we left off, doubling our team and doing the most amount of progress we've ever done. So as you can see, real life does play a factor and the past 10 months haven't been us lying around, getting to it when we can.

We've put in a lot of work and as I've said before, no one wants this server released as much as the people working on it, so I feel ya all. ;)

graser10mc said:
As for not it not being released yet I believe in the devs that they will get it done.
Thank you, sir! We're definitely trying to make it the best it can be for you.

But overall, Jayfeather has basically summed up anymore I could say.

Except one thing:
Positives of always being in IRC: when someone fails a join command to a channel you see it. (Toadally not saying someone was joining a secret TNTv3 channel). I look forward to the next TNT, best server NA.
Yeaaah, we were pretty bad about that. :p It took like 3 people asking us to fix it and superstein to actually do it before our channel even became a private one. So I mean, I can't blame whoever it was for ruining the secrecy. Not that it was even much of a secret anyways since we posted a thread about it back in November of 2013.

Okeeey, enough rambling from me.