Tips And tricks to survive!

kraby1

The Big Red Monster From Hell.
Reaction score
Hey Guys! Today I have been asked by some players of [Blocktopia] Zombie Survival Server on how to survive in the game. Kinda hard to answer while hiding and taking care there's no zombies around. So I will post the tips here.

Human Tips and Tricks

Runner Map Tips and Tricks

1. Run around corners. Try to cut them move as close to the wall as possible, destroy the blocks on the edges to gain distance. I've lost many zombies by cutting corners in tunnels and gaining enough distance to hide or escape. If it's all bedrock and you cannot build and destroy anything then keep close to the walls. The wall that is closest to the turn, of course. If you don't keep on to the wall the turn is closest the zombie will make a head collision into you.

2. When running away from 2 or more zombies remember they will work as a team. So in a staircase map like 'Runrunrun' where the are lot's of stairs leading to different platforms around the map, so you have to confuse them! You can suddenly jump down and then get back up and repeat the process to gain time. Keep in mind that zombies might know where you are going to jump off next so change positions where you are jumping down. Also try not to land a zombie. You can also pretend to jump from stairs to the ground, by falling to a staircase or platform below you. Use your mind!

3. Running style might be the key to the success. If you press up and left or up and right it makes you glide sideways. I found out that type of running style actually makes you faster! But only by few micrometers. It's very useful when your trying to catch a human. Never run in a zigzag! If you are running zigzag style and the zombie behind you is running straight then he will eventually catch up with you.

4. Lot's of humans get stuck in blocks which is taking their distance and time. If you not good at precision jumping and avoiding blocks then use the jumping of method. That usually happens cause of lag.

5. NEVER talk while your being chased by a zombie/s. Even if they are far away the distance between you and the dead will get smaller giving the zombies a bigger chance of catching you. Also some zombies might like to jump on you. Only if you are 100% sure there's no zombies around that could get to you in 5-15 secs you can talk. Many times myself saying simple short words like lol got me caught.

Jumping Maps Tips and Tricks

1. This kind of map is hard for people who lag a lot. If you are lagging take your time. Jumping too fast might cause you to fall off and get killed. If your lag free then you can do it faster. You should always remember that if you are one of the last humans and you are on the end of a jumping row/coarse/line, and have nowhere to go because there are zombies coming the other way and your only option is too jump off, then you should wait till a zombie is 3-4 blocks away from you, because it might fall before it gets to you, giving you a bigger chance of surviving. If you fell with the zombie then you would have to run. Look on the ground before you jump because you might fall on top of a zombie.

2. Never push your team mates of jumping blocks. It might get you a warning and a kick. If lot's of people are coming your way then move off or stay and try not to get pushed/push others down.

3. If there's a jumping coarse below you and it's reachable for you and there's zombies coming jump down at the last second. The dead might think you jumped to the ground not the blocks below you.

4. If the jumping blocks are not bedrock then do not destroy them! You will make you and other unreachable and you will need to repair it or jump down. You can always destroy the block below a zombie so it will fall then repair it. Only do that when you or someone else near has blocks. Without them you are unreachable.

Underground Tips and Tricks

1. A lot of people dig all the way to the bedrock and block themselves in a 2x2x2 cube. That might be a good idea in some cases but not always. I always hide 1-3 blocks higher than bedrock. That's of course if the underground is 10+ deep. Zombies make tunnels which are 1 wide 2 high. If you are down the bedrock then for them it's easier to get you, than if you were 3 blocks higher than the bedrock making your floor the tunnels roof. Also you are closer to the surface which giver you less time making a quick staircase while running, but unfortunately have a bigger white name if your seen from the surface making you a bit more obvious.

2. This is the most important tip. Do not hide underground when it is lower than 4! You name will be very big and you will easily eaten! Many people do that and they are the first to be caught!

3. No actually this might be the most important tip! Never ever hide in corners of the map! Zombies nearly always dig a tunnel beside the corners, at the lowest layer. You might think it's a good spot but you will eventually get caught. Unless your really lucky...

4. This is a very useful Trick. Whenever your deep underground build a staircase to the top and block of the last 2 blocks at the top of the staircase. That means that if you are found at the bottom then you can easily get out by only going up and destroying the last 2 blocks. There is a danger in that through. If a zombie destroys one of the last blocks of your staircase then it might find you. That's why I encourage to build a second and even a third staircase like this. Giving you more escape routes.

5. Again a very important and useful tip. Hide quick before the zombies come and block of all the tunnels you made. Just like it was, but you don't have to put all the blocks back as they were, you can leave a block or two, sparing yourself some. Unfortunately it doesn't work too good with dirt. I don't know why but Whenever I'm sealing of an tunnel with dirt, grass grows on them immediately which gives away the direction I went. If that happens then leave a small 2x2x2 chamber in the dirt and make short tunnels in all directions. Remember to destroy the walls and replace the dirt blocks so they form grass. If you go in one of the corners then the zombie will know you went that way because it will be the only place in the chamber where it's covered in grass, except the tunnels. The fake tunnels should go to the South North East and West. If a zombie finds that chamber it will try out all the tunnels which will go nowhere. You should go on a corner of the chamber, as I said before. Try get away from the chamber about 50 blocks away, leaving occasionally one block gaps. ***Not sure If I explained it right

6. Don't let people see where your hiding because they will remember where you were and come and get you after their death.

7. Last tip is not to hide in pairs before the zombie is picked. Once I hid with a person who turned out to be a zombie after picking. I was the first victim.

Walls Tips and Tricks

1. You can hide in the walls if they are 2 deep in. If it's 1 deep in then stay in the middle. Staying too high might get you caught quickly if there is a way up without making wall stairs. Staying in a 2 high 1 wide hole in a wall too low is going to be a easy catch for the zombies. They will simply drop you down!

2. If you are running away from zombies which are 3-10 blocks away from you Don't go on wall stairs. They will block your way spleef you and get you. If you have time to get up without being spleefed down then make a gap in the stairs. It should hold the zombies back for some 20 seconds.

Trees Tip and Trics

1. I have a creeper skin. That's because it's not illegal and it keep you well hidden among leaves. It helps me win some rounds. If you want to hide in a tree then Do it whenever nobody is near you who could see it. If It's a skinny tree then stay at the top of it. But don't make the tree taller, because that is considered as tower making. If It's a large bushy tree, a fat tree as I call it, then hide at the top and make yourself some space, thick walls and thick floor a roof and a small opening to get out if needed. You need a thick floor because you will be quite visible through one block of leaves. Same thing goes with walls. Not the roof through, only if there is something reachable above you.

2. How to get up a tree? simply destroy 2 blocks of the trunk pillar 2 up with the same block then build a staircase from the leaves and you should be at the top soon. Don't make yourself Unreachable.

Water and Lava Tips And Tricks

1. Hiding in lava is good because it's not transparent like water. If you want to hide in a liquid, pick lava!

2. when you are running away from a zombie across a river for example then don't jump in straight away to the water but jump on the last block of dry land! It will gain you distance, possibly giving you more time to escape.

Secret Tips and Tricks

1. When hiding in a secret try not to get noticed because then other people will go after you and hide there with you. Secrets are secret so don't tell anyone about it where it is in the chat! Don't even tell them that you are in one, because they might know it and come and get you!

Be awake! Always look in all directions if you are on a platform. A zombie might get you from behind,the left the right or the front! If there's too many jump of the platform or try to spleef them. Keep scanning for red names saying _Infected_. Don't look at other players being chased, because you might be the next one being chased! And definitely don't say where you are, because you are giving your position away.

Chat Confusion! If you are one of the last humans then you can use my chat tip. If you have time and you are 100% sure there is no zombies around then ask a question on the chat such as 'What are your real names? What country you are from and How old are you?' Those type of questions will make zombies answer the question, which will waste their time, giving YOU a bigger chance of not being found. Another tip is saying your fake position such as 'I'll give you a hint cause I want some running..I'm in the trees.' You say that but you really might be underground or in a building. That might make some zombies go search the trees than the underground where you really are, once again that gives you a bigger chance of winning. Sometimes zombies know, especially the experienced zombies, that you might be lying. And they will keep searching the ground.

Zombie guideline to Brains!

1. Use the same things like in Runner Maps, different running styles and cut the corners. Don't get tricked! Humans will use different methods of making you confused and loosing them. Give the human the first decision . If you see a human jump with them. Avoid blocks that will block your path or just jump over them. Never stop running. If there's is a group of humans running work as a team and don't be shellfish. Jump down on any humans, spleef them, block their paths! Never talk when your chasing a human, because then he will escape. Scan for names in the trees and underground. Look at the other humans where they are hiding before the zombie gets picked. Then you will remember where they are in case you are zombified. Don't make humans unreachable If you are not sure if you are a zombie type /me. Try get the most brains in a round! That is all there is to say just get them! >:)

So yeah Guys this took me half an hour but It should be quite helpful. Add your own Tips at the bottom, and if you have any questions, theories then just ask me. :)

kraby1

Matt_Allen

Matterator
Reaction score
Website
heyyeyaaeyaaaeyaeyaa.com
Wow, this is a really in-depth guide, great work!
The thing is, another use already made a guide, so what I am proposing, is we work on combining these 2 posts into one so that it is a much more organized all in one guide and rather than having to find both threads and read them, having all the information compiled into one.
See the other thread HERE

kraby1

The Big Red Monster From Hell.
Reaction score
I read that thread And I must say it's good but it doesn't have as much Tips as mine, and it's basically same stuff. I don't know.

kraby1

Nemesisee

Reaction score
If there is a giant pllace behind the main building, do waht i do. Usually, you'll say "nah, this'll be fine." But KEEP ON WALKING. On most maps, there is a little nook nowhone knows is there.