Tim Writes Things (Occasionally)

Timdood3

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Some of you may know this, others may not, but I'm an avid writer. What some of you can do with paints, pencils, ect. I can come close to with words. Note that most of the things I post here will likely be a draft that I was too lazy to go back and edit.

Please, if you feel like posting anything you've written, I'd love to read it ^-^

Sometime today (hopefully) I will post a short (erm....loose term) story I've been writing.

Timdood3

Mafia Host
Reaction score
So...Thestory ended up longer than I thought it would, so I'll be posting it in different parts. Here is part one:
*Cough indents are weird and I can't get them to work Cough*

I wake partway the night from a dream of the past and fondly glance towards the thick canopy obscuring the stars. Such shrouds always make me feel secure, but my lightheartedness is short lived as a call of my name pierces the night, “Fate!” surely a recruit injured during a late training session. I rise from my bedroll and retrieve my dagger, Veirlon, the same dagger that I hope to give to my top student. I cautiously approach the clearing where recruits typically train, only to find it empty, which is odd, there are usually at least a few recruits training at this time.
A new call resonates from above and seems to surround me. “Fate! It’s me, Kenig! Help!” Kenig is my best student; he should have no need to call for me in the middle of the night. Unless his life was in danger, he wouldn’t have called for me specifically.
I respond calmly, “Kenig, what’s wrong?”
A shrouded figure drops some twenty feet to the ground, “You have no idea, do you?” an edgy feminine cuts through the darkness, “Kenig isn’t here.”
“I can see that. So, what kind of creative trap have I wandered into this time?” At this, the rogue is obviously taken aback. “What? Was I supposed to drop dead the second you showed up? Did you even think of getting this far?”
“Err, well,” the oblivious offender pauses to think of a response, “Wait, how did you know it was a trap?!”
“Well, a few things. Kenig is my best student, and not even he calls me Fate. I know what his voice sounds like; I train him myself. Also, he can take care of himself against a handful of thugs.”
“Thugs?!” The villain is obviously upset by the term; perhaps she’d prefer “bandit” or “brigand.” “We’re not ‘thugs,’ we’re members of the--“
I interrupt in an attempt to infuriate her further, because an angry opponent is one that will make mistakes. “Let me guess, Cult of the Blood Prophecy? Foreholders of the Glass Throne? Order of Mori?”
“None of the above,” Humorously, the shadow seems to be recovering her head through the taunts, when one word could set her off so very easily. “We are the Keepers of the Stones, and you, Fate Commark, stand in our way.”
“Hold on a moment. You mean to tell me that I’m preventing you from keeping to your rocks by merely existing? What if in your absence, a miscellaneous band of thieves comes along and snatches them up?”
“These aren’t the kind of Stones that could simply be ‘snatched up.’ They are great monoliths, capable of drawing power from the earth. However, they cannot do so with such a power keeping base nearby.”
“So I’m a threat to you simply because I exist. Is that it?”
“Well, when you put it that way, yes.”
“And you came here to fight me, yes?”
The intruder nods and looks down dejectedly as she realizes where the conversation is going.
“And you expected to fight me alone, and win, while the very reason I’m a threat to you is the reason you have no chance of doing so?”
Another sullen nod.
“As I am an advocate of balance, I will present you with three options: Fight me like a warrior, submit and allow me to end your life swiftly, or you may flee like a coward.” After presenting the choices, I remove Vierlon from its sheath.
Upon seeing it, the enemy’s eyes widen; she is awestruck. “That….That dagger….”
“Oh, this? Just a rusty old blade.” Not that she’d buy it, everyone’s heard the stories. The stories of how Felond restored the Sanctuary using only Vierlon. The stories of how Golant destroyed three necromancers in one night with Vierlon. Not to mention the old tales of Vierlon slicing through the air, slaying enemies with no master to wield it.
“I see. It isn’t you that’s obstructing the Stones; it’s Vierlon. Hand it over.”
“You’d have to take it from me.”
“That can be arranged. Just be warned, we will come after it.”
I nonchalantly turn away, “Good luck with that.”

[END OF PART ONE]

• Thank You
Reactions: Tamsanity

Timdood3

Mafia Host
Reaction score
So It's been like an hour....good enough! Here is part two!

I wake in the morning to find Kenig waiting nearby. Upon seeing me up he demands, “What was all that about?”
Puzzled, I wait for further inquiries.
“That thief you were talking to, she threatened to hunt you down.”
“Yeah, so? People like that pose no threat.”
“Maybe the Keepers of the Stones aren’t well known here, but past the Deadlands, they’re well known, and feared at that. They’re dangerous…and serious. They are not to be taken lightly. You know how you’re always teaching us balance? How everything powerful in an area has an equal power to counteract it? The Keepers are to be your counterpart.”
“Hmm, tell me more about these Keepers.”
“It’s all rumors, but there are people who’ve seen them. There are four monoliths, known as Nabrin, Kifen, Fon’shri, and Kynore. They are spread through the Sanctuary. The lesser Stones, Nabrin, Kifen, and Fon’shri, are arranged in a triangle, radiating their power into the great Stone, Kynore. Kynore absorbs the power until it’s overloaded and tries to release the energy in a pulse once every fifty years or so, but requires a great power to draw from to catalyze the pulse. The Keepers want the pulse; therefore, they need the artifact.”
“Hold on, the one that I talked to said that the Stones couldn’t draw power with such a force nearby.”
“She’s cleverer than she makes out to be; all of the Keepers are. You thought they weren’t a threat because that’s what she wanted you to think.”
“So they wanted my guard down.”
“Exactly. Your death isn’t their goal, getting Vierlon is. When Kynore is nearing it’s overcharged state, it will use the lesser stones to kind of point the way to an artifact of great power, the most recent one being Vierlon.”
“So I get that they need Vierlon to make Kynore pulse, but what will the pulse do?”
“It’s unpredictable. There have been pulses that raise the dead, pulses that caused earthquakes, pulses that have done nothing but release energy from Kynore. Come to think of it, one pulse long ago is said to have covered the Deadlands in flames, making it the way it is now.”
“Ok, so pulse equals bad. Anything else?”
“Just that the Keepers outnumber us.”
“Hold on. ‘Us?’ No. You’re staying here.”
“Oh, come on, Commark, would you rather be surrounded by a group of Keepers alone or with your best student?”
“It’s nothing I can’t handle.”
“So you’re willing to go in and fight a group of unknown enemies,” Kenig pauses, apparently collecting his thoughts. This could be a long argument, perhaps I should just let him tag along to watch. “Alone, against who knows how many of them?”
“Fine, Kenig, you can come along, but when we get there, you’ll see that you weren’t needed in the matter.”
“Commark, I was needed in the matter since last night, and I’m still needed. You don’t even know where the Stones are.”
I turn and call over my shoulder, “Bring two of your most trusted associates. We leave tomorrow morning.”

[END OF PART TWO]

There will be one more part after this, so.....Yeah.....

Timdood3

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Another hour has passed! It is my honor to present to you the finale.

In the morning, I climb up to Kenig’s ‘napping tree’ as he calls it, and he’s still asleep. I contemplate shoving him out of the tree, he’d wake and react before he hit the ground I’m sure, but I can’t afford an injury to him. In the end, I just shake him awake.
He murmurs in a half-dreaming state, and I forcefully slap him out of it. “Wake up, we’ve got a journey to make. Who are our companions?”
Between groans and stretches he answers, “Podri and Kurna.”
“Why Kurna?”
“She’s better with a blade than she looks; I’ve been training with her after hours.”
“Fair enough, now where are we going?”
“You ask a lot of questions for someone who’s supposed to have been teaching. But to answer you anyway: We’re going straight to Kynore, it’s where the leaders are bound to be, and if we take out the leaders, the rest will scatter. Oh, and you know all the stories about Vierlon?”
“Everyone does.”
“Bring it.” And he left to get Podri and Kurna.

------------------

After a few hours of uneventful travel, Kenig orders a stop. “Kynore is just ahead; prepare yourselves. Commark, take the lead, Kurna, behind him. I’ll bring up the rear.” It seems unlike Kenig to give orders like that, but I suppose he is the one who knows what we’re doing.
Kenig leads us all into a clearing in sight of the great Stone, Kynore. I turn around to ask Kenig what to do, but instead of seeing the three of them lined up behind me, I see Kenig holding a knife to Podri’s throat and Kurna drawing her sword. A high voice from behind interrupts my shock. “You’re a fool, Fate Commark. Oh, and you were even so kind as to bring us Vierlon. And one more thing, if you move, a thousand arrows will pierce your heart at once.” That voice- Why do I know that voice?
“Kenig, what have you done?” My voice remains calm, despite the seething fury at Kenig’s betrayal, but I dare not turn.
A pitchy laugh resounds around the clearing, “Oh, this was not Kenig’s doing. It was mine.”
“And who might that be?” my voice cracks. I’m starting to lose it. Is she bluffing about the arrows? Is there anything I can do?
“Only the leader of the Keepers, Sunada. Who else could have staged an ambush on only the most infamous protector of the Sanctuary, the great Fate Commark?” Her sarcasm is sickening, I just want to- wait a second.
“Sunada, that night, that first night, you had my surrounded didn’t you? That’s why the cry for help surrounded me. You had your Keepers all around me, just like you do now.”
“You’re smart. Maybe if you just hand over Vierlon, we’ll let you live.”
“Not a chance.”
“And to think I was going to recruit you as my second in command. In any case, we can’t let you keep Vierlon.”
“Take it.” At that moment, I draw Vierlon from its sheath at my belt and throw it at Kynore. As it flies, I hear the deafening sound of a hundred bowstrings releasing the promised arrows. All lives must come to an end, but does that apply to legendary artifacts?
I brace for the impact of arrows to my chest, but when none come, curiosity gets the best of me. I open my eyes. What I see has never been seen, and will probably never be seen again. Red and motionless, that’s the only way to describe it. I look around through the crimson haze, and I see a volley of arrows suspended in the air, and I see Vierlon protruding from Kynore. And the sound: like a giant bell, with one continuous golden note. This must be the pulse. I suppose I should move out of the way of these arrows, I’ve no way of knowing how long this pulse will last.
It seems that as soon I leave the clearing and turn around, everything resumes its motion. Podri’s lifeless body on its way to the ground, the arrows on their way to empty space, and the shocked gasps of the Keepers seeing their target disappear. The arrows reach the ground, and are soon followed by the corpses of keepers, struck down by the wrath of the stone they so worshipped.

Robo

Sup
Reaction score
Tim, bravo. Great storys man. Although, one thing you could add to them is to explain who's talking. Like:
"I like potato." Tim said. At this point, robo decided to say "Tim, try sweat potatoes."
"LOL, "sweat potatoes". Tim said as robo hesitently corrects himself: "sweet potatos, is what I meant to say."
Although I'm no wrighter, I thought you could do this just to make it easier to understand and follow.
Keep up the great work! ;)

• Thank You
Reactions: Timdood3

Robo

Sup
Reaction score
/A little story I wrote on my phone for you. Enjoy.
@Timdood3
One day, there was a man named Tim. He was wandering around an ancient forest, he looked around and saw a small shimmer in the ground. He came to his knees and brushed off around the bright reflection. Something that appeared very valuable, he brushed a lot more and realized he was starring at solid gold. He brushed of the rest to reveal a small entrance. He went inside; a giant solid gold palace, filled with every single valuable thing you could think of, gold, diamond, sapphire etc. But one thing stuck out to him... Sitting alone in the dark. He ran over to it and picked it up. He starred at it intensely... slowly, as a smile came to his face. It was The Brick. As he ran out of his basement, he ran outside, but suddenly, he fell to the ground. Still holding the brick, he looked up and saw a enormous wave of lava above him. The Lava God spoke, and said "give me The Brick, or face your fate." Tim replied "never!!!" He jumped in to the lake In front of him. As he sank to the ground, he looked up and noticed the enormous wave start to fall to the ground. Silence fell... suddunly, Tim came out of the water and flew through the air going higher and higher away from the lava. As he flew, he listened to the yells of the Lava God behind him "noooooolololoooooooooo!!!"... then, all went silent, Tim starred at his screen intensely, only to read "banned: flying is not allowed on this server."

• Haha
  • Thank You
Reactions: Timdood3 and Notme

Timdood3

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Well, I wrote this like a week ago....and then forgot I even wrote it.....Merry Birthmas

Some people say that the afterlife is like eternal sleep, where dreams occasionally occur, others say that it’s like being unconscious forever, a few even say that they may live on in death just as they were in life. All of those people are still alive. I still remember everything. I remember the knife, I remember the pain, I remember the blood. The one thing I do not remember, is the journey here.
He confronted me on my way home. He told me that if I didn’t go with him, he’d kill me. I didn’t know who he was or what he wanted from me, but I knew he meant business. I followed him for what seemed ages before we got to a public park that seemed oddly empty. He told me to have a seat. Afraid for my life, I complied.
The man that led me sat down across from me and told me that if I moved, I’d be dead. Naturally, I was a stone. After that, I was hit by one. It wasn’t until then that I knew I’d been tricked.
A second man came up behind me, picked me up and help there as if he was trying to drive a pole into the ground. The first man stood up, and asked me if I knew why I was here, and I told him because he threatened me. He threw his head back and laughed as if what I said had amused him.
The laughing stopped abruptly, the aggressor was all business now. He pulled out a knife and walked slowly towards where I was held. He stabbed the blade into my shoulder, then my arm, then my stomach. It seemed like ages until he felt he had stabbed me enough. Every second was an eternity of agony. I heard the dull order for me to be dropped. I was to bleed to death.
That’s exactly what I did. I fell to the ground with a thud, as the life slowly drained from my body.
But here I am now, fully conscious of my being, and able to remember any memories I had while I was alive. I know who did this to me. I know why. I may be dead, but that won’t stop me.

Timdood3

Mafia Host
Reaction score
K...So....I was rooting around in some old files and I found a joint project written by my friend and I. It was mostly her idea and writing, but since it's a long abandoned project, I just think it needs to be read :3

Disclaimer: It is quite long; it was intended to be a novel. It may or may not be poorly written; I have not read over any of it for over a year. I will not be editing it; I will be posting it exactly as it was.

Ok....This is odd....In the time it took me to write the above, the files disappeared from my computer...What...How does that even happen?! x _x

EDIT: I got into contact with the friend and she's in the process of sending me the files ^-^