This might be a little of a short thread but here it is

Vatowski

Reaction score
You know the fact when you capture a flag or a control point you do not get any points? Well that is what I want to talk about. Each ctf match there are rare members who actually want to capture the flag. Why? Because capturing the flag does not give you any points. Meanwhile the rest of the team are not even helping but are searching for kills. Same thing goes for KOTH. This is why I think each time a member captures a flag or control point they should get + 20 in their score. I believe this will encourage the people to actually play the game an capture the flag or control point.

If someone already created a thread like this please delete my thread

Vati180

Reactions: chris360kss

DarthLego5679

That n00b.
Reaction score
Website
store.steampowered.com
You know the fact when you capture a flag or a control point you do not get any points? Well that is what I want to talk about. Each ctf match there are rare members who actually want to capture the flag. Why? Because capturing the flag does not give you any points. Meanwhile the rest of the team are not even helping but are searching for kills. Same thing goes for KOTH. This is why I think each time a member captures a flag or control point they should get + 20 in their score. I believe this will encourage the people to actually play the game an capture the flag or control point.

If someone already created a thread like this please delete my thread

Vati180
@Razinao wanted something like this, but...

Marnixxie

Hippo
Reaction score
The game is about kills/winning.
Capture The Flag, PayLoad and King Of The Hill are just a skirmish of the orginal Team Deathmatch.
Also do not forget, if you play on a non-TDM gametype, you get points at the end for winning the game, and not for the most kills (exception to a tie, where the most kills decides which team wins).

Vatowski

Reaction score
Yes but the point is that no one wants to be the flag captured because you earn nothing. Indeed in one ctf match my goal was to capture the flag. I was the only one in my team who was capturing it. In the end I did 6 captures 9 deaths and 0 kills. I do t even get the 100 points in the end even though my team won. Why? Because I do t kill anybody. In conclusion, I felt no gain in capturing the flag. That's we're my idea came from. Also people who kill the flag stealer along the way could get a + 5 point bonus for returning the flag to the base.

DJJonosound

Ex CTNT/PTNT Op
Reaction score
Yes but the point is that no one wants to be the flag captured because you earn nothing. Indeed in one ctf match my goal was to capture the flag. I was the only one in my team who was capturing it. In the end I did 6 captures 9 deaths and 0 kills. I do t even get the 100 points in the end even though my team won. Why? Because I do t kill anybody. In conclusion, I felt no gain in capturing the flag. That's we're my idea came from. Also people who kill the flag stealer along the way could get a + 5 point bonus for returning the flag to the base.
My opinion, it would be a good incentive for the players, but I think a flag capture should now wield anymore then 10 points. To the rich, it isn't much, but to new players who dont fully understand, it is a lot, (2 pistols etc.).