The Writings of Rothwildir

dutchmanflies

Reaction score
Hello fellow Dagonspawn,
I have just returned from a stint in the capital's dark and dusty library, and I must share my story with any who will lend the ears. I was in the library looking for some ancient writings on the religions of Dagon, as there have been many incantations of sects and cults set up around the Chaos God, as we all are aware. As I was pouring over the ancient texts, a small beam of light shone through one of the windows onto a section of books that I had not yet gone through. The books this light was shining on were especially cobwebby, and it was apparent that these texts have not been touched in a very long time.
I picked up one of these books, and was careful to brush away the dust and the cobwebs from its mysterious dark red cover, to reveal the name "Rothwildir." I brushed away more dust, and uncovered a title in a language unknown to me, but rather similar to the vernacular. After sitting with the book a time, the title translates to "The Nature of Chaos." I looked at the other books in that section of bookshelf by this Rothwildir, and there are six in total. Could these books tell me the true nature of our Dagon? Dagon is Chaos, and Chaos is Dagon. My heart started to beat quickly, as I packed the books delicately into my backpack, and made the voyage home through Laguna to my humble cottage. I have not yet begun the arduous translation process that is required for these books, but I will say they have a mysterious weight to them... like the pages are made of something other than sugar cane. I shall update my fellow Dagonspawn as I get deeper into these writings.

Chaos With You,
Dutch

dutchmanflies

Reaction score
My brothers and sisters of Dagon,
I believe I have found what we all have been looking for: the true calling of Dagon. Let me tell my story.
I have been locked in my seaside house for three days now, doing nothing but reading these books by Rothwildir. There are six in total, and the first one discusses what chaos is. Essentially, brothers, he says that chaos lies at the center of everything: at the center of the earth, and at the center of every Dagonspawn's heart. What draws us to this mysterious and angry God? Is it his power? Is it his emotion? No, brothers. It is the chaos that lies within us all.
I told my neighbors, Jello and Kelz, of my discovery, and together, we have been searching through the books for the past few days. Jello picked up the third book from the set, which now sits peacefully upon my bookshelf. As he was reading, he came to a part that discusses an ancient city, being at the heart of chaos. The heart of chaos... at the center of everything. I thought for sure he meant Terragon City. As he read on, now dictating out loud to Kelz and I, it became increasingly clear that this city is not one that man has seen in a very long time. He discusses a grand and bustling market, and a temple with a pit into the Heart of Chaos... but it is a city which gets no natural sunlight. Could there be an ancient city right below our feet? How do we get there? Who is this Rothwildir? I will update more as the three of us continue reading through these passages.

Chaos with you,
Dutch

dutchmanflies

Reaction score
My brothers and sisters of Dagon,
I am still breathless. We have done it. We have found the Heart of Dagon. Please, allow me to explain.
Imagine, my brothers, an ancient underground city, with a bustling market, a grand temple, and gardens that hung from the sky. A city, with a great hall, where mead flowed like water, and the celebrations exulting our Godhead lasted for days. It appears as though this city was the capital of the ancient lords of Dagon, with Rothwildir ruling over the cavern-city with a stern, but powerful hand. As far as I can tell, with Rothwildir's death in the Great Wars between the Gods of Primordia, the city was lost to the Ages, and fell from the collective memory of the survivors of Dagon.
But Rothwildir left us clues, in these long-forgotten Treatises, he talks about locations that we do know of, and from there, we can find this city.
So we set out, Jello, Kelz, and I, in search for this mysterious city. Our first clue is a passage that says, "O! And the seas were lined by the planks and and masts of ill-fated ventures to our glorious Subterranean Metropolis." We estimated that the city must be on the water. Shipwrecks mean a rocky coast, so we knew we had some clues.
We set out to the vast coastline of Dagon, the The Treatises guiding our every move. We searched, and we continued searching, and continually came up empty-handed. Could this city be a myth? Could Rothwildir be playing a cruel joke on his descendants? Such is the nature of Chaos.
We were camped out one night, close to the outskirts of Laguna, our once-soaring spirits, now lower than the Chaos Void itself. I flipped through the lines that I had read, and reread, trying to figure out the mind of The Son of Chaos. And the words came off the page, and entered the Chaos within me, as if Rothwildir was screaming his verse in my soul..

"And the Gaze of the Old King shall always gaze upon our realm..."

And I knew where we had to head next... the great statue of the Pointing King.

The rocky coast. We knew we had found the city. It was now a question of finding the way in. And by climbing around the rocks, we found an old mineshaft. Following the shaft, we couldn't believe our eyes...

The Ancient City...
We've decided to move here, to become closer to the Chaos within our world. We have started renovating the cave, and have made many houses for those who are wishing to follow the true voice of Dagon.
In his honor, we have named the city Dagonus Rothwildir. I personally encourage all those who want to discover the true nature of Chaos to come join us in residing in the cavern. I shall update you as we progress. I shall be speaking at the Great Temple in Rothwildir, to lend my knowledge of The Treatises to any who will listen. I am excited to see you in our glorious city... our glorious testament to the Might of Dagon.

Chaos with you all,
Dutch
Disciple of Dagon.

Jon24

Reaction score
Website
www.filler.com
Arghblarghsqwertyuiopasdfasdfasdf...

Sorry, I just *cannot* keep up with all these newfangled developments in Dagon. Like this new city. I hear about this in Dagon chat, and I am utterly bewildered. The whole entire Dagon community seems to be in on stuff that I am not. Maybe it's my fault for not checking in on the forums enough, but it never seems important. So yeah, I guess I know now...

</rant>

KelzE22

Reaction score
I see that there has been some confusion about the new city of Dagonus Rothwildir. To clarify, this was a secret project that dutchmanflies, Jellomix, and I have been working on. Until today, Shande was the only other person that knew of our grand city. In order to keep the location from being leaked to other families' raiding parties, if you would like to find the city, please contact one of us Disciples in the Dagon chat, or to make it more challenging, follow the lore.

Chaos serve you,
Kelz

KelzE22

Reaction score
ANNOUNCEMENT:

Hello fellow Dagon members. I would like to notify everyone of a Dagonus Rothwildir city meeting. This will take place in the Great Hall in the city on 1/17 at 8:00 pm EST. Please attend if at all possible.

Dagon be with you,
Kelz

Reactions: Araidian

Nazza1

Reaction score
ANNOUNCEMENT:

Hello fellow Dagon members. I would like to notify everyone of a Dagonus Rothwildir city meeting. This will take place in the Great Hall in the city on 1/17 at 8:00 pm EST. Please attend if at all possible.

Dagon be with you,
Kelz
Wouldn't it be easier to have it after the Dagon meeting? :p