The Wizards Tower - Town Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malcovent

Geezuslike
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
Apologies for the doublepost, but eyecandy aside i thought i'd make a secondary add-on app following standard application for clarification/tl;dr purposes.
[panel][panel]
Chapter II
(See here for the start of chapter I)​
Among the cheers and hoots of celebration, an effeminate albeit raspy voice broke the moment. "It looks slightly... phallus shaped". After some socially awkward rubber-necking and particularly skilled head motions he managed to find the perpetrator his gaze was drawn to one of the two almost-sugar-cubes that had somehow mastered the art of speech, while this could be considered a tremendous breakthrough in the art of instilling life in the inanimate that, many (all) a lonely wizard had tried once or twice on his pillow, the unfortunate sugar cube was not destined for such great purposes and instead gave off a barely audible squeak as it melted back into the tea. Musing about the tragic yet comedic life-cycle of the sugar-cube the wizard brought his gaze up to the tower - taking one last sip before he stood up.

"Right then... time to get down to business."

The Wizards Tower is exactly that, a Tower, for Wizards. Wizards live in the tower, The tower contains wizards, the wizards call themselves the Wizards of the Wizards tower regardless of their location. Wizard = Tower, Tower = Wizard. Over the many, many centuries of a wizards existence he would inevitably find himself shunned from civilized society after turning one too many fair maidens into a frog with a faulty affection concoction or possibly managing to teach local game and wildlife where the humans kept their axes. After a number of incidents and a coincidental meeting of wizards in a city that has not existed for many hundreds of generations, the decision was made to create a haven for Wizards both so that the world could not harm them and they could not harm the world (although mostly the latter.)

The first five sanctuaries burnt down. One decided to 'migrate', leaving the wizards stuck holding onto a cottage that had decided that it was broody and needed to try flying to warmer climates to lay its young. Finally the tower design was settled on both for its minimization of collateral damage and so that any 'frat-wizards' looking to show off their spells on a night out at town would first have to navigate down 100 metres of stone-brick wall before swimming to land. Since wizards are not known for physical stature it only took three-deaths before learning that they could quite have easily used the front door..."

[/panel]

Town name: The Wizards Tower
Town theme: Fantasy and Mystical, a Group of wise mystical well-doers who sit around coddling tea, nursing pipes and dismissing well-doers.
Actual Town Theme: Click

The approximate coordinates of the towncenter: x: -1040, z:1279

Members(included yourself and leaders):
Malcovent/Bali Bronzebeard ~ 50 hours, 33 minutes
Deadl0ck ~ 36 hours, 51 minutes
Shinyshark ~ 38 hours, 12 mintues
Riketr ~ 32 hours, 17 minutes
GmK ~ 6 hours, 38 minutes
Snowma ~ ??
JubJubers ~ 16 hours, 32 minutes
EonLatias ~ 65 hours, 55 minutes
Defiant_Blob ~ 15 hours, 25 minutes
Kuromono13 ~ 2 hours, 4 minutes
Roobarb Pie ~ 23 hours, 57 minutes
ImJonnyBoy ~ 30 hours, 33 minutes
FrenchSanta12 ~ 23 hours, 30 minutes

Chest-protection: Y
Prefered tag: [WIZARD] (Color 3 if possible)

Screenshot of the town:

~ Tower lobby

~ Tower stockroom

~ standard wizard accomodation

~ Nether portal (Overworld)

~ Nether portal (Nether)

~ The pit we're expanding down into, extends to y:10 or so.

Y:10 to Y:210 for anyone interested (bottom of quarry to peak of roof)

Why should your town be official: While trying to avoid any bias, I think the town should be official on the basis of two reasons.

~ Without passing too much criticism, we are one of the few groups willing to stick to a theme and adhere to it in order to try provide a sense of fun for other players.
~ The intention of the tower/group is that in future it will become a haven for new members and something to fund far larger projects in order to add a little more, infrastructure, to the server. We don't intend to just amass one

A side note:
While the tower 'is' somewhat barren in the higher floors currently, please do try understand that the tower itself is comprised of about 5000-6000 stone bricks so its a lengthy process to build into which we are undertaking as fast as wizardly possible!

Also note the impressive amount of times i died during construction. The server even made a point of striking me with lightning on the side of the building at one stage.

[/panel]

• Optimistic
Reactions: FrenchSanta12

Alkatraz

Reaction score
It seems that it may be true that wizards leave out the number 7 when counting as it is too magical, and therefore to a wizard our 9 is their 8.

Malcovent/Bali Bronzebeard ~ 50 hours, 33 minutes
Deadl0ck ~ 36 hours, 51 minutes
Shinyshark ~ 38 hours, 12 mintues
Riketr ~ 32 hours, 17 minutes
EonLatias ~ 65 hours, 55 minutes
Roobarb Pie ~ 23 hours, 57 minutes
ImJonnyBonny ~ 30 hours, 33 minutes
FrenchSanta12 ~ 23 hours, 30 minutes

Setting the 9 people with 18 hours+ aside, I love the idea of the wizards tower, there is potential for more expansion, nice and easy for Marnixxie to zone, yet there is clearly a structure and a plan.

Reactions: FrenchSanta12
Q

Qube

Seeing has Jub has hit 18h, it should be all fine now!

Tower looks very nice, and i love the theme and general idea you have, and having a town based in a tower is a nice compared to how towns usually look, but i'm wondering if you have any thoughts to add more towers or such alongside this one?
Would love to see this as an official town if you keep working like this, good luck!

• Optimistic
Reactions: superstein

Riketr

Reaction score
I know I have no right to post here but you need to confirm with Riketr he is actually in the wizards group as he is one of my towns leaders. So I'm not sure which group he is in.
I meant to tell you sometime, I'm stepping down to Wizard Representative of Crucia. Sorry to cause trouble, but I have a heavy load of things on me right now. I'll visit Crucia from time to time, but I'll mostly be with the wizards.

EggNog

c:
Reaction score
I meant to tell you sometime, I'm stepping down to Wizard Representative of Crucia. Sorry to cause trouble, but I have a heavy load of things on me right now. I'll visit Crucia from time to time, but I'll mostly be with the wizards.
Actually that sounds great! I'll change your rank to ambassador thanks for clearing that up.

Status
Not open for further replies.