The Unofficial Blocktopia Build Team

S_swimmer

The Speedo
Reaction score

Hello, Blocktopia! I am S_swimmer, currently part of the BuildBox staff crew. I have created this thread to organize an unofficial Build Team for Blocktopia. This would gain the server community (but mostly BuildBox) some more publicity and would be fun in general! You can find all the information about the Build Team here on this thread.

A Build Team is a group of highly talented builders that get together and make projects. These projects could range anywhere from a fiery hell to a sunshiny day at the beach to a winter wonderland. The reason I said projects and not maps is because Build Teams most often make very, very large maps that involve lots of planning (especially making sure everyone in the Build Team can be active enough to contribute well to the projects).

A Build Team member needs to, of course, love building and be an excellent builder and architect. They also need to value others' opinions and work well in groups. They should have a good personality and not be annoying/boring to work with. They NEED, NEED, NEED to be ACTIVE and CONSISTENT - We will not tolerate anybody who doesn't follow through and drops out towards the end. We need people who can be able to show up and contribute. In short, we are looking for people who are active, available when needed, and good at building.

Whatever our imagination allows us to. Our projects can and will range from a fiery hell to a sunshiny beach day to a winter wonderland to a thriving medieval city. We will work on any and all projects that we all want to do. Here is how a project will be started:
1. Lots of us decide that we want to start another project soon.
2. We communicate with each other and find a time where each of us can be active.
3. We spend 3 days deciding on what theme the project will be.
4. We spend, at most, 5 days to plan out the project.
5. We take whatever length of time is necessary to complete the project.

We have 3 different specialties you can apply for plus a Helper position. Feel free to apply for multiple positions! For each position you want to apply for, fill out the following information on this thread (or PM me if you're too shy):
IGN:
Why do you want to be part of this team and what do you want to get out of it?
Are you open to constructive criticism?
Can you be active when necessary?
What theme(s) do you like building the most?
Screenshots of at least 3 builds (WITH THE DEFAULT TEXTURE PACK):

IGN:
What kind(s) of terrain do you like making the most?
What strategies and methods do you use to create your terrain?

What theme(s) do you like making interiors to the most (ex. Medieval, modern):
Do you look at any sites or resources for some of your ideas? If yes, list them:

Are you prepared for the fact that you might be bossed around a bit?
In which areas are you able to help?
Screenshots of at least 2 builds (WITH THE DEFAULT TEXTURE PACK):

I will PM you if you are accepted or not.

In the end, the goal for this Build Team is to have fun, create nice builds for the Blocktopia community, and to show off our builds on other forums and sites such as planetminecraft and the minecraft reddit. I look forward to working with and building amazing things with you all!
Current Roster:
Builder
S_swimmer
ryandodd
iiDeathCookies
NogTrog
froyd
Terraformer
S_swimmer
rawrmynameisrex
ryandodd
Interior Designer
S_swimmer
NogTrog

Helper
Roboboy777​

Last edited:

Psycho

Insufficient Data
Donor
Reaction score
Terraformer
IGN:
rawrmynameisrex
Why do you want to be part of this team and what do you want to get out of it? I like to build and terraform and I think that doing something like this would be fun. Also, I think my terraforming skills are good, but I'd say that I could use a bit more work on actual Building since my builds tend to lean on the more simpler side -- And I could probably learn a bit from a few of the builders on the team. Plus, it would be great to be part of a team and create some pretty awesome work if this team gets off on a good start.
Are you open to constructive criticism? Of course, but I will defend my work and reasons of doing things at times. Other than that, I can be open to suggestions on making something look better.
Can you be active when necessary? Yeah, but if there's anything personal that I need to do I'd be sure to give you guys a heads up first.
What kind(s) of terrain do you like making the most? It depends. I usually try to make my terraforming work with the surrounding builds that I've made. Lately, I've been trying to give movement/action to parts of my organic builds that interact with the terrain (You can see this in the green dragon screenshot).
What strategies and methods do you use to create your terrain? I start off with WorldEdit and use the brush tool to create sand spheres that mask air blocks. After I get a general shape down, I switch to VoxelSniper and mess with the Erosion brushes until I get a detailed shape that I like. I then use VS' overlay brush to highlight parts of the terrain with certain blocks.
Screenshots of at least 3 builds (WITH THE DEFAULT TEXTURE PACK): When I started looking for screenshots, I ended up compiling most of the builds that I've done in Buildbox... so uh.. sorry for showing too much.

Fiestaguy

The man with 8 fingers.
Reaction score
Website
thebes.openshells.net
That is exactly why I said we will all discuss a time when we can all contribute silly :p
Well. Here's one for shit then...

IGN: fiestaguy
I wish to be able to build and satisfy needs, working towards a goal and keeping up expectations wich helps a lot to me. Furthermore I hope to improve my overall building skills by trying out the different themes. and variations
Yes. I try to listen to what people have to say and then try to work it into my future efforts.
This is the biggest hurdle for me. As much as I'd like to join my actual availability can be... Unpredictable. Now that I'm switching to another community home I hope this'll change
What theme(s) do you like making interiors to the most (ex. Medieval, modern)
I'm good with themes all-round,
Do you look at any sites or resources for some of your ideas? If yes, list them:
I sometimes use regular google search for general direction/inspiration

I will provide an update about my activity in a week or so.

Reactions: Psycho

Zelz

the cooliest
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
IGN: iiDeathCookies
I like building, it's fun and helps my imagination (which is really helpful as I love to draw too). All I want out of it is a fun time (winky face) which I'm sure it will be!
Yessss! I don't get enough of it when it comes to my builds ;-;
Pretty much, it's not like I have friends to do irl stuff with.
I don't really have a theme that I prefer, correct me if I'm wrong though. I just kind of build whatever comes to my mind.
i rarely finish stuff because i dont really have motivation and get stuck on finishing stuff, but if i'm in a group, i'd have motivation, and if i got stuck i could ask someone else on their ideas and we could all work as a group and be all friendly and stuff. but hey here's some unfinished stuff i guess, as a reference?

( i can kind of terraform too if needed i guess)

oh and i also like doing furniture designs so that might be helpful!

S_swimmer

The Speedo
Reaction score
Introducing the Helper rank!

The Helper rank has less rigorous requirements than the other specialties and can boost us up in whichever area they please. Here is the application for the Helper rank:

Reactions: Psycho

EggNog

c:
Reaction score
I was too lazy too make two applications so I just made one for the two ranks I wish to apply for (Interior Designer and Builder). Sorry if that is a problem!

IGN: NogTrog
Why do you want to be part of this team and what do you want to get out of it? I feel I can contribute on a consistent level to this team and that I can gain a lot of knowledge especially from Rawr and ryan as terraforming is not something I do well. I think being around highly experienced builders would all around be positive.
Are you open to constructive criticism? I personally don't mind constructive criticism in stride if I respect the person as a good builder... However I don't always take constructive critism well if it is from someone who well annoys me xP
Can you be active when necessary? I'm almost always within reach and am on everyday so yes I am very active and definitely when needed.
What theme(s) do you like making interiors to the most (ex. Medieval, modern):
Modern, Medieval, and Dungeon (Natural look).
No. I did awhile back I've found if I do I end up lacking in creativity. However I will occasionally look on google images if I am desperate for inspiration.
Screenshots of at least 3 builds (WITH THE DEFAULT TEXTURE PACK): https://imgur.com/a/JND0B

-Noggy

Robo

Sup
Reaction score
Helper
IGN:
roboboy777
Why do you want to be part of this team and what do you want to get out of it? Giant builds and friends.
Do you have Skype/Teamspeak for communication? Yes, I have both.
Are you open to constructive criticism? Sure
Can you be active when necessary? I'm on most of the day, so yeah.
Are you prepared for the fact that you might get bossed around a bit? Yes, It's fine.
What areas are you able to help? [hl]Detailing, color blending, building large areas, brightening up areas (lighting), redstone, perfecting areas, undoing the undoable, and fixing asymmetry. [/hl]

-Robby
Wait is this outdated...?

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Psycho and RyanDodd

froyd

Reaction score
Ryan suggested that I join this, so here goes:

Builder:
IGN:
froyd

I enjoy building, especially for large-scale projects, and I think that this team has a good chance of being fun and making some awesome things. I'm also hoping that I can steal ideas learn from builders and improve my own style.

But of course, I'm always open to ways I can improve.

Probably, I'm free most weekends and have a lot of free time on weekdays.

I build in themes ranging from 12th century Gothic to space age, but I generally settle somewhere in medieval fantasy.

Here's pretty much all the big stuff I've built on BB:

Reactions: JtTorso and Psycho

CaffeinatedKitty

Intoxicated Feline
Reaction score
Application for Helper

I basically want to have fun and get in some build experience. ^^
Definitely, I'm sure I need some.
Now that marching band season is over, I have pretty much nothing to do. \O/
Yep!
Pretty much anything, I guess.
Screenshots of at least 2 builds (WITH THE DEFAULT TEXTURE PACK): I don't really have builds to screenshot... I did help with a lot of the houses in the (not as-of-now accepted) RoF map Cannonball though. It's at /warp Cannonball on BB~

Robo

Sup
Reaction score
The first Build Team project planning phase will begin
NOVEMBER 1ST.

rawrmynameisrex RyanDodd froyd iiDeathCookies NogTrog roboboy777

I apologize for not announcing this for so long, there were many personal projects I had/have to get done. Yes, the Build Team is still an active thing. Applications are always open, so feel free to apply!​
Lol, I was on Tapatalk (via my phone) and I saw you had an image there, so I tried to get it working on browser, (the image wouldn't load up on Tapatalk) and now I went on my mom's laptop to see what the image was and it was just a fancy border, no actual image. Thanks :D

• Haha
Reactions: CaffeinatedKitty

MiyakoWolf

(Miyako)
Reaction score
Helper

Why do you want to be part of this team and what do you want to get out of it? I love building and would really like to help out! :-)
Of course!
Yeah, should be xD
U WOT M8
No but seriously though, I don't mind!
Anywhere that i'm needed really. My weakest area is interior but i can still do it semi-decently.

<3