The Ultimate Build - A Project With BuildBox's Finest

What should this Superbuild be?

• Flatland World

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Skyland World

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Medieval City (Can be human, elven, dwarven, or even, maybe, orc)

Votes: 13 56.5%
  • Modern City (Skyscrapers and everything)

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Other (post what you want in the comments below!)

Votes: 5 21.7%

• Total voters

S_swimmer

The Speedo
Reaction score
The idea is simple. One incredible, amazing, enormous, breathtaking Superbuild. This build will be made by the best builders of the Blocktopia Community - not just all of the Advanced Builders and the Staff, but the best of them. It will be much larger than a plot. Now, this project has appeared in ideas and "What-ifs" for a very long time now. I have taken the opportunity to sieze this idea and make one of BuildBox's greatest dreams a reality.

Now, there are many problems that could come up in this. What if only 1 person doing the project is on at a time? What if some of the people making the build shut out others' ideas and try to take control? What if it gets griefed? Here is my solution:
2 architects must be on at a time to continue building the superbuild. And 3 people must agree to delete any part of the build before deleting it. Any other suggestions as for how to fix these problems are absolutely welcome.

Now, to join the Superbuild, you must be at least an Advanced Builder (Sorry to discriminate, but that was the whole point of the idea). However, anybody can vote in the poll that I have created above. If you would like to join, complete this application:

Name:
Why you want to join:
What you can contribute:
Your "specialty" (what you prefer/are best at building):
Your favorite block:
Screenshots of your proudest builds:
Extra notes:

List of Superbuild Architects (1/6):
S_swimmer

• Haha
Reactions: Jubjubers

SirComputer

Rainmaker
Donor
Reaction score
Just to let you know - if the ops can use WorldGuard where you are building, that'll be good for protecting since it'll probably be on Superflat; where griefers roam in secret. (It's far-fetched but true.) I know a few handy WorldGuard flags as well (aka allow and build).

8bitChap

Reaction score
Name: Penelope Franchesca FluffyPuff the 3rd. (Just look at my forum name you lazy person)
Why you want to join: It sounds fun...
What you can contribute: I can make the sandwiches. Also I'm ok a repeating patterns and dirt huts.
Your "specialty" (what you prefer/are best at building):
Your favorite block: End portal (Looks pretty)
Screenshots of your proudest builds:
Extra notes: Geeze why all these useless boxes. You know I can build also a build where you can time travel to different places and events would be cool and a central hub could be a victorian train station.

Butamou

Grandmason
Contributor
Reaction score
Build a minecraft "timeline" of shorts.... starting with like dirt huts or caves with a single road in the middle that leads to medieval style buildings, then renaissance, modern, post modern, then ending with futuristic or something like that.

tl;dr: a long progression of building styles old to new.

Good luck with whatever you decide to build!

nitasu987

Reaction score
Name: nitasu987
Why you want to join: Sounds like a ton of fun and It'd be awesome to work on this!
What you can contribute: A positive attitude and lots of ideas!
Your "specialty" (what you prefer/are best at building):I'm pretty good at Medieval Builds, especially Viking Builds. I also dabble a smidge in Modern.
Your favorite block:
Screenshots of your proudest builds: https://www.dropbox.com/home/Buildbox Build Screenshots
https://www.dropbox.com/home/Nitasu987 Frostholm Pics/Frostholm Pics
https://www.dropbox.com/home/Nitasu987 SSP City Pics/SSPCity
http://nitasu987.deviantart.com/art/Mirkholm-377051717
Extra notes: I've added more to Mirkholm, and the Texture Pack I use for it is John Smith Legacy.

EDIT: WHOAWHOAHWHOA Why the hell is this restricted to freaking ADV'S? There are some builders who are really good, y'know! You said 'not just the Advanced Builders and staff- the best of them'. I'm not either, and then you contradict it by saying its ADV+. WTF S_swimmer

nitasu987

Reaction score
WHOAWHOAHWHOA Why the hell is this restricted to freaking ADV'S? There are some builders who are really good, y'know! You said 'not just the Advanced Builders and staff- the best of them'. I'm not either, and then you contradict it by saying its ADV+. WTF S_swimmer
AKA not just the Advs and Staff, but the best OF the Advs and staff.

Oh well then this is a waste of my time

Fatalis

Reaction score
You should make a city like the one on the cover of Iron Maiden's Brave New World album:

http://www.musicdesktopwallpapers.c...-Maiden-Brave-New-World-Desktop-Wallpaper.jpg

One thing I was going to do a while ago was actually create a map that follows the areas in the book, then write up passages from the book into Minecraft.

It's a very good book, and it'd be pretty cool to build the actual world from it :D

Diago21

Reaction score
Name: Diago21
Why you want to join: Building is fun!
What you can contribute: A keen eye for detail and the ability to take amazing looking screenshots using my GSLS Shaders
Your "specialty" (what you prefer/are best at building): Just about anything!
Your favorite block: Wood!
Screenshots of your proudest builds: You've already seen em' Swimmer!
Extra notes: This should take place on a specially crafted plot / world with one main city and various other towns and trading posts scattered throughout and connected via roads!