The Rapid Launch V.2.0

TheMFreak

Reaction score
So I've been working on creating a machine capable of holding a very large amount of fireworks, then distributing them between multiple launchers, and setting them off as quickly as possible.

With the new inclusion of hoppers I've finally gotten a design that I'm rather happy with!

The Rapid Launch V.2.0 is fed through the hopper at the top. It is controlled via two switched- one that starts the distribution of fireworks and another that begins the launch. All the ticking mechanisms needed us hopper-based clocks so there is little to no lag as a result!

I hope to host an official launch sometime soon. In the meantime you can donate stacks of 64 fireworks (any size, shape, color, fade, and distance) by going to
/warp rapidlaunch
in the plots world and dropping them into the hoppers found at the top of the machine!

NOTES:
  • The hopper you place it in at the top has virtually no effect on which launcher it will eventually come out of.
  • The top alone can hold at any given time roughly 184 stacks. More can be held below once the machine starts to sort them out. So at any given time this baby can hold well over 20000 individual fireworks!
  • The fireworks go through multiple hoppers/droppers/and dispensers on the way, so the order they are launched out is extremely random.
  • As hoppers can only handle 5 stacks at a time, you might have to use more than one to donate fireworks at the top
  • While you are in the area I also have a nearby maze that is a work in progress. Feel free to give it a try.
EDIT: The image above it a bit outdated. I updated the look and added more storage at the top!

TheMFreak

Reaction score

First off, I finally got around to updating the design to make the sorter fully automatic. The machine recognizes when new fireworks have been added, it will then switch on a clock that will sort them between the 4 launchers. Then, when the top is once again empty, the clock switches back off. This prevents any unnecessary lag resulting in clocks being left on.

Secondly, I added a side project next to it. Introducing the Big Daddy.

This angry little beast is only 9 blocks tall, but it actually ticks so fast that the server doesn't register all of them >.>
It is designed to launch 16 fireworks a second, but because the game itself can't seem to catch up it usually only sends out around 10. Still, it's a pretty insane sight because they all launch out of a single 1x1 hole.

Unlike the Rapid Launch this one isn't autofilled, and must be manually reloaded.

Reactions: 1 person