The Pet Thread!

Zelz

the cooliest
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com

Are you bored, looking for something to do or even simply just wanting to show your fluffy friend to the world? Good news, I thought I should make a nice little pet thread because who doesn't love a cute animal companion?
Myself being a huge animal lover, I thought we could all share pics and stories of our pets, or animals that have somehow positively affected our lives. Maybe this could even help us as a community to bond a bit. All animals are welcome, as common or uncommon as they may be.

To get this rolling, I'll start off with saying the picture I posted ^ up there ^ is one of my currently four cats, Miya, short for Miyako. I got her in September 2013, and I would be lost without her. I was walking past the local pet store one day, and I don't usually go in as I'd rather adopt, however something was bugging me, I felt like I had to go in for some reason. So I walked into the back, where the kittens usually are, despite not really being a huge cat fan at the time, and I saw her, she didn't look 8 weeks, maybe 6 weeks old, and my mom and I got a bit concerned and asked if we could hold her. When we did, we noticed she had icky eyes and fleas. Literally, she had fleas in a pet store. As much as I didn't want to fund the place, the way she clung to me was too sweet, I had to have her, and it's a good thing I did get her, as she has honestly saved me, and helped me overcome a lot of things. She's an anxious little cat, though can be really funny and cute at times, and I feel so motherly towards her. Needless to say, I still check that pet store whenever I can, just to make sure everything is okay, and so far it has been.

I also have Miyoko, who my cousin found dumped at the side of the road on Christmas Eve with her two brothers, 2 months after I got Miyako. She was only about 3-4 weeks old at best. We weren't planning on getting another cat, but when I saw her and she sat on my lap, I fell in love. Unfortunately she's very very bossy and I may have to get rid of her due to the other three cats. (Will explain in next part)

I got Mittsy and Ginge in August 2015. They were my second cousin's cats, but his mom turned out to be allergic and it was getting too much, so he asked if we could have them so that he could still visit them. I can't say no to a kid asking that, especially when we're talking about two loving cats. Mittsy will let you do anything with her and Ginge is picky with people, but if she likes you, she will let you fuss her all day. Unfortunately, Miyoko has been bullying Mittsy, and when we tried to rehome Mittsy, she went for Ginge, and Mittsy had to come back home anyway as she didn't get on with the other cat in her new home. I would rehome Mittsy and Ginge together, however Miyoko was also very grumpy with Miya in the past, and it's getting worse as she ages, so I think she might have to be in a no-cat home :c

Next of all, my mom has two dogs currently, Rosie and Tommy. I'm not really a huge fan of dogs, but these two are sweet to be fair, Rosie gets a bit hyper at first though. Rosie is a Tibetan Terrier crossed with a Poodle, and Tommy is a Jack Russell crossed with a Chihuahua. They were both rescue dogs. Rosie loves cuddles, she's basically a big teddy bear, and Tommy is hilariously cute. For anyone who remembers Max, our old dog (who will be seen in the image below, in the top right) had to be put to sleep in August unfortunately, as he was old and his lung collapsed on him overnight after suffering from seizures a while. He was also a rescue, so I'm just glad we got to give him a nice last few years of his life, and he knows he was loved.

Last but definitely not least, I had a new addition in July, but he's at my dad's flat. I wouldn't have been able to have him, however my guinea pigs passed away just before the new year, due to pet stores being horrible as per usual and it turns out they either weren't looked after or bred properly. Anywho, I somehow convinced him to let me get Rufus, a pygmy hedgehog. Honestly, if you want an adorable yet unusual pet, get a pygmy hedgehog. They're so cute and they will definitely make you laugh. If you don't mind the risk of getting pooped or peed on, that is. If you only fetch them out half hour at a time, you should be fine however. If you notice their stomach getting a bit bigger when you have them out, I'd suggest putting them back in their cage, otherwise you will regret it.

Anyways, enough about me, show off your little friends! It doesn't even have to be your own as I said previously. Literally any animal that has helped you or you just love tons.

Also if you like cats and hedgehogs, I often tweet about silly things mine do (Twitter in desc)
Yes I am fully aware we used to have one of these, however it's nearly 4 years old, so I thought I should revive this idea.

Kalliee

Reaction score
november 2012 she showed up, as i fed her hotdogs everyday in my backyard at the time, i called her peanut but later, renamed her to artemis
she died mid 2013 :(
although, she disappeared for about a few days and i went out to look for her, (there was this house down the road where cats liked to stay) and ended up bringing this guy home
he was extremely playful

and got along well with our other animals

this is him now:
anyways, she came back a few days later, and we realized she was pregnant, she had 5 kittens, but this one stuck around, after the people that wanted him ended up picking other kittens

his mom held him a lot, which was adorable. we named him stripes, because he had 'ghost stripes' this is him now, with a blurry picture :^)
also, we have a bunny
and an old yorkshire terrier, who i can't find any pictures of.
we also had 2 english springer spaniels, but we had to put one down, and give another to my aunt :(
i also have 2 marimos but i haven't been home in 3 months and i don't know if anyone's taken care of them
i think that's it? we have other pets that extended family have, and others that aren't with us anymore but this post is a mess, it's 2am and i needed to find relevant things i feel like i'm gonna hate this post if i look at it again

Love

Princess ♥
Donor
Reaction score

R.I.P :(

She likes climbing things, especially people

I had 2 pictures of him

My sister's cat, but we happened to have him this day

We've had Pansy and Parker the longest, I believe they'll be 5 this year!

And yes, I know, there's a lot of "P" names. Why, exactly? They're cute!

Zelz

the cooliest
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
reviving this after given permission cause we need more cute animals in our lives x

so i have the same animals (minus my hedgehog and moms yorkie, rip rufus and max xxxxx love you angels) plus 4 more cats. oops. and one new dog.

came to us after his owners asthma got too bad with cat fur. im so lucky to have such a gorgeous boi

i also have 3 kittens. we rescued several and their moms and uh i originally was only gonna keep one, then two... then um the ginger one was rly cuddly with nami (they're brother and sister) and uh yeah go figure

^ literally found her sleeping like this

(blame freaky for the name :shrug:)

yes i did name my kitten after my overwatch main

\/ he was younger here. his eyes arent blue anymore, theyre like grey

but he doin a blep (and yes that is kitten milk, not normal milk)

(btw cages are only being used because i have older cats and they're getting used to each other. i don't want one of my others to have a go at them which is why they're only let out when someone's there to keep an eye on them)

Last edited: