The Nothern Plains

Oak Milk

Kill Hungry Thirsty Dead
Mafia Host
Reaction score
So I was without an internet connection for 2 days due to a fault on my part, however in those 2 days I started a new survival world (by accident :D) and decided to have a crack at playing it for a while. This inspiried me to write a story about it, hope it becomes popular if people are interested I'll add more to it as I go and others to the story as well if they PM me about it :) so anyway off I go.

It was cold.... so cold. Wandering in the snowy lands searching for a scrap of food, some shelter from this brutal, mind numbing cold anything to save myself... anything at all... A severe snow storm had hit my village destroying our once beautiful home, its people panicked and fled looking for new haven in which to rebuild their lives. The storm was relentless however and the monsters that stalked in the shadows were bloodthirsty. Separated from the rest of my village by a savage attack from hidden archers, I was left to wander the snow covered plains to eventually fall to the hideous monsters that terrorised the night. I staggered forth... one foot in front of the other... I had to keep going... I knew this would be my last night... if not the monsters that chased me at every turn... then the cold of the falling snow would claim another victim.

Then the snow stopped falling... I realised numbly that I had finally exited the wake of the storm. Still, I was cold and hungry, and the monsters would still find me here... I had to make a stand against them, one last horaah... I needed food and rescources and had little time to do it in.

Reactions: Hockeyfan1852

Oak Milk

Kill Hungry Thirsty Dead
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Okay next part is going up!
The snow had stopped but it was still freezing... My leather gear did little to protect me from the cold, my only option was to find shelter and build a fire. I continued to walk along until the plains ended unto an icy mountain range, I quickly began searching for any cave pockets that could shelter me temporarily. It was not long before I found what I was searching for, a small cave that could hold a fire and was easily defended.

I took the last of my wood and lit a small fire. I can feel it, the warmth and safety of a fire, it just seems to soothe the soul. Already I feel stronger... now I just need to go hunting and find some food ... then I can build defenses against those horrible creatures that attacked me. However with the last of my wood gone it would be hard to defend myself against those creatures with my back to a wall. However that issue would have to wait, food was my top priority and without it I wouldn't have the strength to fight those monsters of the night.

With my body warmed I set back out into the snow, but without the constant winds that chilled the air even further than it had during the storm, the cold was bearable. Bow in hand, and with a few supply of arrows, I begun hunting for food. Again outside the storm things seemed much more bearable to me, the animals must have thought so too, as I quickly spotted a stray cow grazing a patch a frozen grass. It was not too healthy, however it would be enough to feed myself tonight. My arrows aren't likely to kill it though, the thick leather hide will stop the arrow short of a killing blow and I cannot waste these arrows... I shall have to draw my blade and run the poor beast down... I crept quietly towards the beast still unaware of my presence, I drew closer and closer until...
NEXT TIME!

Oak Milk

Kill Hungry Thirsty Dead
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Thrusting my sword, I killed the cow with one fell swoop. Taking the meat off the body and some of its leather hide, I then proceded back to camp where I cooked the meat over the fire. Sorry cow, but my needs were greater than yours.... I ate till I could eat no more. That was satisfying, bread and water for weeks simply does the heart no good.... but judging by the height of the sun I have only a few hours left to create a barrier with which to defend myself come nightfall... my iron axe is nearly broken, I hope I will be able to gather enough wood with it. Upon a search I discovered a few pine wood trees that I cut down for the wood, on the last tree my axe shattered, with no further use to me I tossed it away in disgust. It seems that everything I once had is simply fading away, but as long as I do not fade away with it there will always be hope! I quickly split the logs into planks with splinters sticking into my hands multiple times to point where I wanted to cry out in pain. However the work was soon done and I had a simple blockade with which I could defend myself.

Just in time too the monsters will be here any second... My iron sword is sharp, my belly full and my body warm... I will go down fighting, or not all! Just then I hear a groan outside the blockade, the monsters had arrived to take up the fight.

Oak Milk

Kill Hungry Thirsty Dead
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Okay so I'm seeing a few people viewing this thread as I go along, as an indication that people are really interested in this thread I'd like you to either give feedback or like my posts as I go along just to see if this thread is interesting anyone. By the way this is really just the beginning of my story, but I have a plot worked out for it so more likes equals more work put into this thread ;).

Oak Milk

Kill Hungry Thirsty Dead
Mafia Host
Reaction score
They are all around me... their disgusting faces, their wretched clawing hands, seeking for warm flesh. They would only get the taste of cold steel. Behind my barricade I had the room to hack and slash and fight these monsters to the end. The barricade was still holding as I continued to kill more of these monsters, then I could hear the splintering of wood. Pivoting I laid open the zombie's head that had been trying to rip down the barricade. They must not get through the barricade, I won't let them through! "ARRGGGHHH!" I let out my battle cry and charged the monsters through small opening and beat them back, the zombies were falling quicker and faster until. ZZZZIIIIINNNNGGGG! DOMMM! An arrow whizzed past my head and hit the opposite wall. Where did that come from?! Those archers had returned and now I was at risk of being shot, I had to fall back away from the barricade. The zombies were ripping through the wood and I knew that my end had come. I looked to the dawn and thoughts of my fellow villagers ran through my head, people I would never forget...