The New State

8bitChap

Reaction score

The vast grey sprawl stood as a constant reminder of the uniform, Utopian society contained within those towering chain-link fences, to the outsiders of course. To those, born and bred within the confines of those chain-link fences. Those who have never felt a soft tickle of grass or the true meaning of freedom. Those whose every aspect of life is reduced to a level of social utility. The ever-repeating chores and limited pleasures are accepted without a flicker of questioning of their existence. Welcome to the New State.
Succeeding Elyria is the New World based heavily around a Utopian society with occasional references and themes extracted from Aldous Huxley's Brave new world. The theme around this will be mainly a grey-scale environment with a military style fence surrounding it. The eventual goal would be to provide a safe and stable environment for the members in which resources can be easily collected and the theme is kept.​
The New State will, theoretically create a entirely new environment for the player in which the overseers of the state will plant subliminal messages throughout giving the city a constant theme that the land beyond the gates is harsh, plagued and undesirable. Naturally players aren't forced to roleplay, though the player could take the role of a individual born into the society with no non-biased information of the land beyond the fence.​
I'm assuming at this point that if you're looking to build with creative and wonderful colours that this isn't really the type of project you would want to get your teeth into. This build is set around the year 2500 in which the deterioration of the old-world, the world as we know it today within minecraft, has been in procession for a century after the rumoured to be timely death of the Elysian state and all it stood for. With organisations and mismatch bands of Elysian dwellers flocking to different lands the untamed and virgin lands of Discordia The New State is heavily stone built with applied science being the major technological advancement. The subjects, genetically bred and developed with New State views are the pride and keep the resources within. There is no currency and the only pleasure the dwellers partake in is the government-issued drug "Protion," a drug in a bottled form with all sorts of different side effects.​
Information is heavily concealed and propaganda engineered to show the overseers in a angelic and godly form. As well as the constant patrols of mechanical creatures like the 'Big Daddy' to stop the spreading of plague that ruptures the peace of the outside world.​
The New State will have no alliances, no access to the outside world and no enemies. It's purely experimental if this tips your judgement I'm sure the occassional pop out of town couldn't be too detrimental but the theme is that the outside world is wild and dangerous, beyond tamable bearing this in mind along with the natural need for exploration in early days it will be possible at any time for a member to leave and come back but sticking with the experimental theme of the Utopian society it's best if resources collected outside remain outside.​

nitasu987

Reaction score
So does this mean no more Elyria?
No more elyria but I presume you and sir still want to remain and not flock to other towns? That would be great if you stuck with me! <3

I'll definitely consider it, my top choices right now are you, CTY, or making my own. Prolly not the last one though.

• Thank You
Reactions: 8bitChap