The new rank prices and rewards

Reaction score
The rank prices were multiplied by 10, as well as the rewards. Now that's something cool, you can rack up cookies to buy the next rank AND buy all the silly things at the store. It was a nice way to encourage people to do that. I don't know whether this is just a temporary change to see how things go or a permanent change, but I like it so far.

The thing that bothers me is the cookies each player had. Yeah, they're still the same, and I already saw a player talking about how far away he is from his rank now. "BUT TIDDLES IF EVERYTHING IS x10 THEN HE'LL GET THE RANK ANYWAYS". Yeah, that works for those who just got a rank, but it doesn't for those who are working to get the next rank.

Before this change I was 42 cookies from apprentice, which would be a minimum of 11 rounds survived. Now I'm about 850 cookies away, or 22 rounds. Not a big deal, I could play these rounds. Now let's go to another example: An apprentice who is 8 cookies away from the next rank, or a single round. With the new prices and stuff, he is 3158 cookies away from the same rank, or 40 rounds away.

These examples are the main reason why I created this thread. If you were closer to the next rank with the old prices, now you are far away. I'm asking to get the current amount of cookies of each player increased, to catch up with the new rank prices. Of course, if this isn't a temporary change (Doubt it is temporary, as people are already getting cookies with the new system and it would be a pain to go back to the old prices...).

• Agree
Reactions: Silvuss and Friendy

Ogarci

Controller
Controller
Survival Staff
Reaction score
Ok, seriously, this needs addressing.

1) Don't say I didn't warn you about things going wrong. We ARE still in a partial beta. I said this at the last meeting.

2) The point of the change is exactly as you say, to make things in the store cheaper. Its the exact same thing as making everything in the store cheaper by 1/10th of the cost. It's for the benefit of the server in the long run.

3) Even if we did go back and multiply everyone's cookies by 10, we're a little past that. Like you said, players have already gotten cookies with the new payouts. The OTHER option would be a cookie reset and set everyone back to 0, which would do nothing but set everyone that much further from their previous rank.

It's statistically the EXACT same amount of time to get to the next rank. Yes, you've really pretty much been bumped to the beginning of the rank you're at. All well.

That being said, it's happened to every single player. Regardless of rank or cookies, the value of the cookie has gone down. If you had cookies in your savings, you just lost money. It's economics. There's nothing we're going to do. This problem will fix itself with time and everyone will shortly be back to their previous distance from the next rank.

Razinao

:_;
Reaction score
As I said in the PM it's impossible for you to avoid ticking people off by doing this ;X

Although I must admit the store prices are much more... affordable now.

• Agree
Reactions: Chips

balloon98

The balloon that never pops
Reaction score
Wow, those store prices dropped lower than Greece's economy.
Best. Comment. Ever.

Ogarci now that you have fixed Lava's economy can you fly to U.S. and fix ours? k thanks

As for everyone else I think this is a good thing since the ranks are harder to get like in Classic lava where you have to do more rounds then before not do just an extra round more to get apprentice when you got crafter doing the same amount of rounds. And we all cant hope nothing will go wrong yes I know its frustrating to restart all the damn time but hey that's life we do what we do.

• Agree
Reactions: Araidian