The Infection

kraby1

The Big Red Monster From Hell.
Reaction score
Excuse my language but..

Holy shit. :eek:

How much time did it take you to write all that?
It's truly amazing how people can be inspired by a video game server.
I would probably give up after the first line because I can't write good stories and when something doesn't make out I just quit.

In Conclusion, I'd like to say to you MarsKid that you have a writing talent. Keep it up, hopefully when you are an adult you'll write a book about us ^.^ and the story line is great.

This actually got me quite inspired. I might write my own 'book' :3

Reactions: Wyrer

MarsKid

Mafia Host
Reaction score
@kraby1 It's not actually completely inspired off of the server, but I can't deny that some of it might have been.

The book itself took about 2-3 months on varying times spent working on it. And, of course, there was the occasional writer's block. You could say good writing runs in the family. My older sis is pretty talented as well, and my mom has made articles for our community paper.

I've had people in my school ask me what I'll do with this book. I seriously doubt that it can be published, but keeping that as an option wouldn't be too bad.

@Knight365 Thanks :D .

Jayfeather

Gay Magician
Donor
Reaction score
I wanted to play Dungeon Defenders but I couldn't help but eat this story up.
MarsKid, you are a fantastic writer, there's still some parts of your writing that could be improved, but most of it will come with practice.
Best of luck to you.

MarsKid

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Just updated the story, check for the next few chapters.

WARNING: The deeper you get into the story, the more the blood, gore, and language pops up. Read at your own risk.

(there is NO f-word)

Reactions: Duffie

Jayfeather

Gay Magician
Donor
Reaction score
The legal system was a bit off to me, and you used "Chimed in" 3 or so times in the same chapter, but I am loving this, you're such a spectacular writer, infact you match my favorite Internet story creator: iwriter

MarsKid

Mafia Host
Reaction score
If there's something I love when I'm writing, it's critisizm (spelled that wrong didn't I). I realized afterwards the police force was a bit off in some parts, and you might see more of that later, but the pieces were already too in-place for me to re-write the whole interrogation sections.

balloon98

The balloon that never pops
Reaction score
WHY DID I FIND THIS NOW AND NOT 2 hours ago. Dude you have amazing talent my god I really want to show this to MY English teacher ans see what she thinks cause man this is good. Will read chapter 2 and a lot more tomorrow.
EDIT" Couldnt wait read 2nd chapter MUST-READ-HAVE-TO-GO-TO-BED

Gameprochampion

Got the moves like Jagger!
Reaction score
It truly is quite an amazing story for someone in your age group.

There are a few things I believe you can work on. The grammar in some of the sections I've read were a bit off, but you will probably be more into that kind of stuff later on when your writing professionally and your goal is to get it published (having a nice editor would be nice too).

It might just be me - I read lots of grammar books to increase my writing.

But the storyline and ideas -I must admit- were quite impressive.

Gamer_740

Reaction score
Wow this story was great. I really like books/stories (though most arnt good) and I loved this one. It has great themes and everything was greatly made. YOu should try and give it out and try to make a book/movie just saying. :D

MarsKid

Mafia Host
Reaction score
I'm not sure a book this small could get published. Most are 100 pages + . But it could still be a possibility.

@Jayfeather21 The virus in my story is passed on through the zombie's claws, which are similar to poisonous snakes' fangs. They can ooze the venom on the tip of their claws, so when they stab, the virus is inside that person. As evidenced from Carson, it's effects begin quickly. Steven was stabbed by a normal claw w/o venom, and Tyler almost got slashed by a venom claw, but both are fine, so IDK about a sequel with this same story if none of the survivors had the virus in them. It's an option though.

BTW readers who was your favorite character?

Jayfeather

Gay Magician
Donor
Reaction score
I'm not sure a book this small could get published. Most are 100 pages + . But it could still be a possibility.

@Jayfeather21 The virus in my story is passed on through the zombie's claws, which are similar to poisonous snakes' fangs. They can ooze the venom on the tip of their claws, so when they stab, the virus is inside that person. As evidenced from Carson, it's effects begin quickly. Steven was stabbed by a normal claw w/o venom, and Tyler almost got slashed by a venom claw, but both are fine, so IDK about a sequel with this same story if none of the survivors had the virus in them. It's an option though.

BTW readers who was your favorite character?
My favorite character is always the one that makes the smartest choices, or acted appropriately to the situation.
That's either Tyler or Hannah. When her boyfriend was ripped apart by zombies, she cried. When they were out of options, Tyler always instilled hope. I see what you mean about the whole no poison thing though.

One question I have, is Harry still alive? At the end he seemed to "Come Back" but at the end you made it seem as if he died.

MarsKid

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Well the whole Harry coming back thing is based off of the 9/11 ghost. Apparently there were a few people who just waited to die in the building because they had lost hope, but this ghost came and gave them strength and hope. Harry is dead, but his 'ghost' rallies Tyler on when it seems as though the group was all dead and survivng was impossible.