The Independent Journal

Enderfive

sarcasm incarnate
Mafia Host
Reaction score
There has been a severe lack of proper journalism in this community in recent times. Though I don't claim to be a fully unbiased, even entirely trustworthy news source, then I assure you that it is my intention to bring you stories of only the highest quality on a variety of topics, ranging from community politics to rumours of love. This will be done in a completely unscheduled and irregular manner, dependent on my personal motivation and mood. All guest pieces are welcome, but be prepared to be rejected, as all stories will be subjected to a rigorous selection process that only the best will pass.

To start things off, I bring you news of new blood in our admin family. Some time during the last few days, Jolterino was promoted to the respectful position of Server Admin. The 17-year old South African has recently risen through the ranks, having gone from a regular player to the red-ribboned overlord of the community's current SMP server in just a little over three months. Previously, he was the family leader of Aeres on the same server and he's been an active and outspoken member of the community for at least six years, possibly even longer because I really can't be bothered to check further than his forum join date.

Jolterino, however, was once part of a group of community members that terrorised the unsuspecting players and staff members by posting irresponsible and unsavory messages on the forums. Among other things the group has been claimed to have posted messages containing certain language deemed simply too inappropriate to bring to you, the reader, and opposing the great leadership of our glorious admins when called out on their behaviour. Horrendous crimes, to be sure, but the question that now needs to be answered is whether or not Jolterino is truly capable and ready to act in the community's best interests even against his own past comrades when the thugs inevitably start causing a ruckus once more. For now, things look hopeful as the newly-made Server Admin seems to have calmed down in the past year.

In fact, not only has he calmed down, but there have been rumours that he also wishes to settle down. In accordance with the highest standards of the community and, most certainly, the Internet as a whole, the young and handsome gamer has expressed interest in aquiring a girlfriend, possibly with the added incentive of 10 gp, a well-known method for attracting females online. With the help of a known hooligan, Aqua, he has reached out and made it known that he is single and ready to mingle. Unfortunately, according to the best knowledge of the Journal, no answer has come as of yet. Ladies, or perhaps even gentlemen, it must seem like an intimidating idea to virtually date a figure as influential as the newest addition to the admin team, someone who is as charismatic as he is clever, but you gotta have some faith in yourselves! Take this opportunity and perhaps you will one day proudly say, "Yes, I am indeed in an online relationship with none other than Jolterino."

But enough about his love life. Here are some things the players themselves had to say about the news of his promotion:

Though I tried to talk to the man of the hour, he was understandably very busy in his new role and was only able to give a quick comment:

Time will tell whether he becomes an admin for the history books or one whose name will be lost among the greats, but for now, there can certainly be no doubt that he is a most prudent choice to fill the position.

Better formatting may or may not come in future stories. That is, if there are any future stories.

Last edited:

Toiletprincess

The Eternal Dinosaur
Reaction score
Golly, one can only wonder how much time it took to write this truly riveting example of journalism. This top of the line, quality content genuinely enthralls the reader. It has created a sense of fascination; would Jolterino, one day, get the lady he so desires?(no) How will he possible cope when inevitably forced to go head to head against the merciless hooligans whom spend their time wreaking havoc and leaving a trail of devastation in their wake? This incredible work of journalistic prowess is an absolute masterpiece, the peak of human endeavour. We simply can not wait to see the next, undoubtably mesmirising article. Hats off to you, good sir.

(hehe)

• Creative
Reactions: Notme

Danni122112

The Drunk
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
Bit late to the party, but sorry about that, jolt had been my slave for too long, so I had to promote him so he wouldnt leave/resign. He is sitll my slave though, he just doesnt know it.