The getting a kill before entering glitch

Gasy_Europeon

SURVIIIIVVVVVVOOOOOOORRRRRR
Reaction score
This glitch is really annoying, and it is really unfair within our players.

Here is a prime example;

So, is there anyway to fix this? It would be really fair if this were to be fixed, so players wouldn't get killed when the joining player didn't join yet.

• Optimistic
Reactions: Baron_Bread

Chillingworth

Ex-Zombie VetOp | Ex-AoD Op
Reaction score
Hmm. What difference does it make if the player joins literally milliseconds later? Ooglie would've still gotten infected. I'm not sure this is an issue after all. Besides, it may just be that the two things happened at the exact same time and the game decided to put a certain one first.

• Agree
Reactions: DarthLego5679

Mooglie

The Local Cow
Reaction score
Hmm. What difference does it make if the player joins literally milliseconds later? Ooglie would've still gotten infected. I'm not sure this is an issue after all. Besides, it may just be that the two things happened at the exact same time and the game decided to put a certain one first.
I wasn't in spawn. When a player joins his/her skin flies across the map, sometimes causing it to hit people making them zombies.

Trap_Wolf

dam u str8 babygurl
Reaction score
Website
www.trapwolf.com
Oh dang.

Well don't people enter maps/servers directly through the center of the map? This meaning the only reason they do fly through a map is because the spawn is at the corner of a map or something.

((Just a theory. I don't know if this is correct or not. I just think that's what happens.))

Maxx10680

Reaction score
On the map named "ship" , i know the exact spot for that to happend 100% of the time. Everytime we play this map i go there lol, its in a corner and underground.

• Optimistic
Reactions: Trap_Wolf

Lily97

That American Idiot
Reaction score
It doesn't honestly seem like that big of an issue and it is quite rare as well to begin with. Also (probably wrong), it only seems like the player flies across the map if they are lagging heavily on their end. But, if you are bothered by it, then just stay away from the corners of the map if you can.

ethical1337

Don't choose the easy path just because its easy
Reaction score
I can't think of a fix for this other than having people join not become zombies for like 3 seconds and then automatically turned after those 3 seconds.

Vatumok

Former CA
Reaction score
The server needs some time to check the spawn location for a map, even though this goes extremely fast it can sometimes happen that a person gets infected when standing in a corner. There is no real way to fix this except for Ethical's but that wouldn't be fair to zombies that otherwise would've gotten the kill. It's no major issue and I rarely hear people complain about it so there is no need to take action. It may be annoying if it happens to yourself, but it should almost never happen so it's no real problem.