The End of The Journey

JohnOgozalek

Forever Shining
Reaction score

To this date, since it's initial release to the public on December 28th 2012, the Journey to Elysium server has been available to the Minecrafters of the world for 302 days. That is the longest run a Blocktopia SMP has ever had. In that time, we've had 4873 unique visitors. That is an absolutely wonderful accomplishment.​
We've had fun, we've made memories, we've conquered dungeons, we've explored the great Isles of Elysium, and we've fought Daniel's armies. But now, it's time for the journey to end.​
The Journey to Elysium server will be closing on Sunday, October 27th - at 7:30 EST. Prior to the closing, I will be roaming about the map(s), enjoying the final hours of one of the greatest server's I've ever had the pleasure to visit. If you'd like to come celebrate the server closing, catch me on there and we'll drink some beer, visit the sights to see, tour exotic locations, perhaps have some PvP, and -who knows- maybe some cities will be invaded by bosses...​
We'll just have a whole lot of fun. I personally recommend you show up around 6:30, that's when the fireworks start!​
It's been an honor directing the server, and I thank everyone that has ever stopped by and given it a whirl.​
If you have any questions, do not hesitate to ask.​
Casandra sighed. She rested her head against Justin, closing her eyes. She could feel the beat of his heart. She smiled.
''There beautiful aren't they?'' she asked.
Justin looked at her. ''What?''
Casandra laughed. ''The stars,''
Justin sighed. ''They are.''
Justin hugged her tighter, as the grass swam around them. Elysium twinkled in the distance.
''I love you Casandra,''
''I love you Justin,''
Beneath a vast star filled sky, two lovers kissed.
~​
If you'd like to know more on the future of Blocktopia's SMP, visit this thread:​
Dusk awaits.​

Notme

Self-Aware Forum AI
Reaction score
Website
escaperestart.com
Elysium was fun, but we need to explore and colonize recently discovered new world!
Will peace and love manage to thrive? Will Daniel and his army start pillaging everyone? or both?
We'll see it in Future....

Edit: Lets show off my base (and my Explorer skin)! :D

Center of map:

Entrance to my base (Dark room is directly above my base, thats why tunnel looks like snake).

Here is my base.

There was wheat farm, but replaced with sugarcane, as slimes constantly trampled it.

Entrance to my mine.

Main room.

Umm...

*giggles*

Darn 20 picture limit.

Reactions: Hunter

le_badcop

Reaction score
Just out of curiosity, is there any mention of a world download. Please don't flog me if this has already been addressed. o w o

Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Okay, I've made my decision. I'm going out to buy a 1 Liter of Coke Tomorrow for the Final Day of the server.

Elysium, in the short time I've seen your ever-growing popularity spike to above and beyond, I have been lucky to see the most unique Blocktopia server, and no-one is changing my mind about that. That server is you.

I'm ready for tomorrow, and I'm prepared.

To Journey to Elysium, the server where Blocktopia became more famous, and where friendships roamed the fields like grazing cows.

Notme

Self-Aware Forum AI
Reaction score
Website
escaperestart.com
How smooth transition story between Elysium and Discordia would look?

It would be, that bosses were freed by Daniel, so they destroy Ice Wall, and everyone getting evacuated?
Or new world getting discovered, so everyone wants to go here?

Notme

Self-Aware Forum AI
Reaction score
Website
escaperestart.com
I think I know what will happen in Elysium: Julia and Romeo will barely escape with last ship (containing NPC's), as bosses leaded by Daniel ravage Elysium from south to north.
Citizens of Elysium will be safe - they are already on way to Discordia.

EDIT: Do I said, that Elysium was my favorite SMP server with Primordia close behind?

Edit2:
Here is my "Farewell JtE" chest - contains stuff, that I had with me.