Status
Not open for further replies.

Aqua

Does anybody remember laughter?
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Website
tehurn.com
for real tho my reasons haven't changed and I've said them numerous times but for the last time:

If we claim names (even fake loosely related names (which is completely pointless)) mafia can take potshots at names they associate with important roles

If we claim roles then mafia know the most important town roles to target first

we get more info from a correct cop claim than trying to guess who might be lying about their name/claim

+ what ender said before, more vanilla/less important roles will blend in more than quirky "made for game" roles which could send us on a wild goose chase lynching the wrong people.

Mischief

Reaction score
I would hesitate to call that a claim. Mischief is your action that you claimed literally along the lines of "if you use this action the panic scale will go down" and nothing else? Or is that an effect of your action?
Yes, "adjust the economic scale by one point" [cost], the cost is rather cheap though

Trust me, it would be a lot easier for me to say something like "I can adjust the economic scale by 5 points" or "I can adjust the economic scale starting at one point and increasing each time I use the ability. So if I use it tonight, tomorrow I will be able to adjust it by 2 points and then 3 points and so on" . Much more believable and I'm not really happy with my role either

I also have a second ability which is a bit better but still rather passive, I do not think my role was intended to be a major player. However, because not a lot of people are claiming I'll keep it to myself until later on. I am 100% willing to reveal my second ability once more people have claimed

Nottykitten

Nomnomnom kitteh!
Reaction score
If we claim names (even fake loosely related names (which is completely pointless)) mafia can take potshots at names they associate with important roles
Which is why solely claiming names this game is a trash idea

If we claim roles then mafia know the most important town roles to target first
Sucks to be you since some of us are already out. Also doctors exist.
we get more info from a correct cop claim than trying to guess who might be lying about their name/claim
Only if the cop actually gets useful results which has barely happened in our games. If a Mafia is lying they'd have to come up with results/actions every single night which becomes pretty telling after a bit.

If you seriously think it is unreasonable to be opposed to a massclaim then I don't know what to tell you.
What do you plan on doing instead then?

Mischief

Reaction score
it's definitely not unreasonable to be against massclaim, but I don't think anyone should be against a name claim at this point.

If they don't mass claim they'll be playing like how every other game without a mass claim is like.

If we should lynch I would suggest looking at people who haven't really contributed/talked:

[BCOLOR=transparent]Arch the bird collector[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]fantome[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]HKCaper[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Mariosatr[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]MoltenAshes[/BCOLOR]

• Confusing
Reactions: Aqua

Aqua

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Website
tehurn.com
Sucks to be you since some of us are already out. Also doctors exist.
doctors die night 1??????
Only if the cop actually gets useful results which has barely happened in our games. If a Mafia is lying they'd have to come up with results/actions every single night which becomes pretty telling after a bit.
mainly because cops die day 0/night 1 which will happen if we out them and yea that's true but there are a lot of menial roles like bodyguard as ender suggested or 1 shots that would make them blend into town more than claiming a big extravagant role

Aqua

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Website
tehurn.com
it's definitely not unreasonable to be against massclaim, but I don't think anyone should be against a name claim at this point.

If they don't mass claim they'll be playing like how every other game without a mass claim is like.

If we should lynch I would suggest looking at people who haven't really contributed/talked:

[BCOLOR=transparent]Arch the bird collector[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]fantome[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]HKCaper[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Mariosatr[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]MoltenAshes[/BCOLOR]
pretty sure we have 100% concluded the name claim is stupidity incarnate

Status
Not open for further replies.