The Economy of Madness - Game Complete!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Isn't the 'actual question' 'who else thinks that (it's interesting)'?

Or do you think it's 'who else thinks stealing is the only way to gain coins'? Since oog was like 'I think I agree' and notty seemed to be confused about what he meant so surely it's the former? Or I'm really missing something?
(+ notty reiterated later that she just wanted to see who else found it interesting I think?)

• Agree
Reactions: Nottykitten

ChocoFox

Mafia Host
Reaction score
—— Quarterly Economic Update ——
Deadline: 14 April 2019 UTC 22:00.

Infected_Alien8_ - 3 (Omni, enderfive, Aqua) [B-8]
Omni - 2 (Ltin, Nottykitten) [B-9]
Aqua - 1 (Infected_Alien8) [B-10]
Fantome - 1 (Mooglie) [B-10]
Timdood3 - 1 (PokeSvorlds) [B-10]

With 21 players, it takes 11 votes to bankrupt and 11 votes to no-bankrupt.

If no option reaches the required number of votes when a deadline hits, the day will end as a no-bankruptcy.

PokeSvorlds

Reaction score
well you're sure confused but you're probably confused regardless of alignment and im too lazy to elaborate
Oh. Personally I could see notty as 3p or mafia because of how she seems so aggressive/biased for a massclaim and I can't think why she would be like that as town but I can mafia/3p. But I'm not confident in it since it just doesn't feel quite right that she's scum to me somehow, despite that
i still think this is weirdly roundabout but w/e

omni is pretty much in their own loop, how would you ever expect them to be in notty's

Omni

Reaction score
nottys push gives off a lot of biased/selfish vibes to me, sorta certain she's 3p at this point? didn't she say she'd claim and never did? startin to get real close to switching to my vote to notty tbh

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
nottys push gives off a lot of biased/selfish vibes to me, sorta certain she's 3p at this point? didn't she say she'd claim and never did? startin to get real close to switching to my vote to notty tbh
yeah i can see what you mean

I keep swinging back and forth on whether I think she's more likely town or scum

earlier when poke said he didn't think notty was scummy I said I was leaning town but after I posted that I felt differently again and now you've said that I feel like I lean towards her being third party as well, so I guess I'm being influenced quite a lot on her, probably since I could see it go either way and each time I get a flavour of someone's perspective I'm like 'yeah I can see that actually'

• Love
Reactions: Omni

Ltin

Mafia Host
Reaction score
So guys, are we massclaiming or what? Seriously this platform is hard to backread

Sent from my INE-LX2 using Tapatalk
If by "this platform" you mean Tapatalk, I find it easier to ignore notifications (I even turned them off) and go into your unread category and open the thread there
If you do that it takes you to your first unread post instead of the most recent

Stranger from Myst Island

Mafia Host
Reaction score
OK, I think we're hitting the point where a massclaim isn't going to happen. So, I'm gonna start some actual mudslinging here - my reads thus far are:

Aqua - Feels a lot different than last game to me, which IDK how to take that. On one hand, I'm getting a more solid 'town' read from him than I did last game (Even though I was maf last game :p :p :p), but I'm hesitant to say that he's likely town just yet b/c of that difference in behavior.
Arch - I have the bizarre feeling that she's going to play this game much like TehBrian played last game....let's hope she don't "accidentally" hammer a townie b/c she "forgot" to backread first. :p
Dess - Neutral read at the moment - He's spoken up, but I'm not seeing anything that's really contributing to the conversation thus far, so it could just be that he doesn't have much to say, but also possible that he doesn't want to say too much accidentally.
Ender - I can't tell if his suspicion of Inffy is legit or not, but he seems kinda townie thus far, but I'm still doubtful of that for some reason (and it's NOT Inffy's so-called "psychic powers")
Fantome - I don't even know what to expect of Les at this point. The last game I played with him he was acting scummy af as town, so I'm trying to wait until he starts being serious to make any judgements, but if I had to choose right now I'd say he's leaning scum.
HK - He's acting much as I'd expect him to as town, but otherwise IDK.
Inffy - This is the first time I've seen him mention pre-game vibes, and it feels odd to me. Otherwise, he's acting normally, but I wouldn't rule out him playing some sort of 4d chess with us just yet.
Kropp - I'm getting the vibe that he's trying to be overly agreeable to avoid creating waves, which makes me feel like he just *might* be scum.
Ltin - Makes a good point about calling for a massclaim being a pretty common strategy for Notty.
Mariosatr - Seems like a confused noob, which makes me more inclined to believe they're town, but I'm trying to hesitate on a judgment there b/c I've absolutely used "I'm new here, IDK what I'm doing" as an excuse before when I've been mafia.
Mischief - So far I'm getting the vibe that they're a clueless townie, and that they're actively trying to figure out the setup
Molten - I can also see where his hesitance towards a massclaim comes from - he does have a good point that not everyone is going to claim, even if we declare that we're doing a massclaim a bajillion times.
Mooglie - They're definitely trying to make sense of the setup, but I'm not getting solid "town" vibes from them. Could be 3p, possibly.
Mulbery - I love their pfp. Their reasoning in #448 does make a lot of sense, so I'm kinda reading them as town right now, but only slightly b/c they've been quiet.
Notme - They really haven't said enough for me to get a read on them yet.
Notty - Their erratic voting and eagerness for a massclaim strikes me as odd for some reason - it's almost as if they're trying to cause chaos and cause disagreements within town while gathering info to build a believable claim. Their "2 hours utnil I claim" earlier only reinforces that thought. I'd say they're likely scum/3p.
Furthermore, this:

Its an excuse because you cower away at the 1% chance there is an RID killer, which even if there is doesn't have any impact other than a normal SK. Town can have bad reasoning aswell which hurts the town so I pointed it out.
I'd say it's more than a 1% chance given that it's VERY likely a role with RID abililties exist. This reallllllllllly strikes me as Notty trying to downplay the existence of a RID killer.
Omni - Trying to start a wagon on Inffy but being vague about why but not being clear about why strikes me as very odd. I know he's a memelord, but still.
Pokesvorlds - His lack of an opinion on a massclaim seems very odd to me. It's kind of as if he's trying to fly under the radar and avoid stirring up too much attention from town. Like, I can get not having a solid read on certain people, but a massclaim seems like something everyone should have an opinion on. I'm not going to think too much into his early VT claim b/c that could have been a sincere mistake.
Timdood3 - I can absolutely see where his caution about a massclaim is coming from, and he's clearly trying to objectively weigh the pros and cons of a massclaim. Seems pretty townie.
Unu - What he's said so far seems townie, even though it isn't really much.

Enderfive

sarcasm incarnate
Mafia Host
Reaction score
also Enderfive what made you change your mind on massclaiming?
nothing, i still feel the same way about it

i was just tired of having to say the same shit to everyone and it's not like i think absolutely nothing good can come of it

if a majority claims, i'll go along, until then, i'm not claiming shit

also i should mention that i only see any real merit in an ability massclaim, names and coins is pointless imo

Mooglie

The Local Cow
Reaction score
also if everyone genuinely believes everyone supporting a massclaim is mafia/3p and everyone not supporting is town then you a) need to realise how amazing the blesséd massclaim is and b) learn that's not how mafia works (I typed that without meaning for it to be the meme woops)

PokeSvorlds

Reaction score
I'm not going to think too much into his early VT claim b/c that could have been a sincere mistake.
Go ahead, because I don’t follow in what world that would ever be a mistake. Something else, sure, but I don’t see it being a mistake.

I’m failing to quote the other part so - “a mass claim seems like something everyone should have an opinion on”

I really don’t at all see why. There are advantages like making scum settle on a claim, outing possible double up and suspicious roles.
There are disadvantages like losing stronger roles sooner.
People who have an opinion on massclaim think one of those sides outweighs the other. I don’t think I know which outweighs, and so I have no opinion. Scum would probably always have a vested interest depending on their role but I don’t see why you would expect townies to always have one.

I was too lazy because I didn’t think it was a helpful line of questioning once I had established you were legitimately confused and not thinking about it in the same way I was.

Also I sorta think ender’s version of a massclaim is the worst version of a massclaim. Names I would expect to have some alignment indicators. Coins might not as much but if he truly thinks it’s “pointless” why wouldn’t you anyways. (I think there’s enough of a possibility anyways)

I still think people should claim forms of their names

Status
Not open for further replies.