The Cove of Half-Created Ideas

Timdood3

Mafia Host
Reaction score
This is a thread for exactly what it sounds like: Posting ideas that maybe aren't quite ready to be written/drawn/whatever you want to do with it.

Have a concept of a setting, but nothing to do with it?
Have a few characters in mind but little to no plot for them?
Have a plot concept, but it's so vague that you don't know where to go with it?

Post it here, and have others expand on and critique yours ideas until it's ready to spring to life under your pen (or keyboard. Or drawing tablet. Or again, your whatever)!

I don't have any ideas right now, but I'm sure some of you do. Or if you don't want to share and would rather do stuff alone, that's cool too....But where's the fun in that? Creators should work together to make ideas happen! -Oh god, I'm ranting. I should shut up and post the thread already.

Hunter

Mafia Host
Reaction score
probably at some coming of age thing i guess (dunno) but most likely it's whenever you like, but before then your lifespan and mortality are normal (think this world's normal)

if someone kills you before you choose, you're dead

if it's locked in place you literally cannot die through any means, e.g. suicide

the idea is some people would choose an arbitrarily large number of years in the future and possibly regret it
others could choose less than that and end up wishing for more but TOO BAD

this is all from an idea i had a while back that i just remembered upon reading the OP, and there's no significant plot around it other than the half-baked concept

Timdood3

Mafia Host
Reaction score
We'll call the coming of age sometime in early adulthood maybe?

What kind of society is it? Like what kind of technology do they have compared to us?
What happens if someone doesn't set a date (that sounds like the premise a nice story. Progress~)

snowma

Dwarf
Donor
Reaction score
probably at some coming of age thing i guess (dunno) but most likely it's whenever you like, but before then your lifespan and mortality are normal (think this world's normal)

if it's locked in place you literally cannot die through any means, e.g. suicide

the idea is some people would choose an arbitrarily large number of years in the future and possibly regret it

this is all from an idea i had a while back that i just remembered upon reading the OP, and there's no significant plot around it other than the half-baked concept
Holy shit, I had something similar where you basically went on a game show, rolled a wheel which chose your age of death and that was when it happened.

Nottykitten

Nomnomnom kitteh!
Reaction score
or accelerate the child's birth ;)
Maybe that will be the cause of the death and then the death date will be true =O.

What if I choose a date that already happened? Does that mean I will only die if I travel back in time to reach that date? That way you can be both immortal but also choose when you want to die.

Reactions: Infected_alien8_

Nottykitten

Nomnomnom kitteh!
Reaction score
I'd think you could only pick a date in the future :O
Alright, but what if you pick tomorrow, then time travel to the day after tomorrow. You'll never have reached the deathday and therefor can't die unless you travel back in time to that day.

Edit: what if I pick the 29th of februari and a meteor hits the earth and changes its path and shortens a year from 365.25 to 365 days and therefor februari 29th won't ever happen.

or what if everyone suddenly forgets the date and we start back over at 0? =O

Last edited:
Reactions: Infected_alien8_

Dess

The UmbreOp
Reaction score
what if there was a world you could decide the date of your death, but once you do it's locked in and you're stuck with it
cannot be changed under any circumstances

I would be one of those people that would choose to die in year like 9999999999999999 like fuck you earth I'll outlive you.

• Agree
Reactions: Nottykitten