The Corruption

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dijon316

Reaction score

As the story goes, there was a far away land with mountains, rivers and basins. It was a very peaceful land... When all of a sudden IT GOT POSSESSED BY DEMONS!! The Demons had a leader that was a Dragon King. The Demons told the Dragon King about the land, and he came and is now watching over it.

[hl](THIS IS MY FIRST TIME SUBMITTING AN AOD MAP, SOME OF THESE THINGS I'M NOT SURE ABOUT I MARKED AS "??? (help)".)[/hl]

Name of map: The Corruption
Author: dijon316, roboboy777, name_goes_here, TheAlienTaco24
Size: 150x150
Map boundary: 150?
Kits:
Random or choose kits?: Random

Screenshots: Screenshots
Notes: /warp dijon2 -- Flatland /mvtp flatland

Download Link: ---

Input File:
MapName: The Corruption
BuildTime: 3 mins
GameTime: 8 mins
WorldTime: 18000
SpawnProtectTime: ??? (help)
WorldWeather: Rain
Team0: ??? (help)
SpawnType: 1
SpawnLocation:
==: Vector
x: -782
y: 55
z: 73
ChooseKit: False (I don't know how to make a kit)
OneKitPerRound: False
KitResetTime: 1 min?
BoxChance: ???
Team1: ??? (help)
SpawnLocation:
x: [x coordinate of spawn]
y: [y coordinate of spawn]
z: [z coordinate of spawn]
ChooseKit: [true for picking kits, false for random kits]
Centre:
x: [x coordinate of center point]
y: [y coordinate of center point]
z: [z coordinate of center point]
WorldSize: 150x150
SkyLimit: [Maximum height at which players may place blocks (y coordinate)]
ResetInventory: True
CanUseLocate: True
SurvivorRestrictedPlaceAll: False
SurvivorRestrictedBreakAll: False
HunterRestrictedPlaceAll: False
HunterRestrictedBreakAll: False
MysteryBoxChance: 0

[hl]A bit messy, sorry for that :/[/hl]

Last edited:
G

Guest35486

[hl](THIS IS MY FIRST TIME SUBMITTING AN AOD MAP, SOME OF THESE THINGS I'M NOT SURE ABOUT I MARKED AS "??? (help)".)[/hl]

Name of map: The Corruption
Size: 150x150
Map boundary: 150?
Kits:
Random or choose kits?: Random

Screenshots: Screenshots
Notes: /warp dijon2 -- Flatland /mvtp flatland

Download Link: ---

Input File:
MapName: The Corruption
BuildTime: 3 mins
GameTime: 8 mins
WorldTime: 18000
SpawnProtectTime: ??? (help)
WorldWeather: Rain
Team0: ??? (help)
SpawnLocation:
x: -782
y: 55
z: 73
ChooseKit: False (I don't know how to make a kit)
OneKitPerRound: False
KitResetTime: 1 min?
BoxChance: ???
Team1: ??? (help)
SpawnLocation:
x: [x coordinate of spawn]
y: [y coordinate of spawn]
z: [z coordinate of spawn]
ChooseKit: [true for picking kits, false for random kits]
Centre:
x: [x coordinate of center point]
y: [y coordinate of center point]
z: [z coordinate of center point]
WorldSize: 150x150
SkyLimit: [Maximum height at which players may place blocks (y coordinate)]
ResetInventory: True
CanUseLocate: True
SurvivorRestrictedPlaceAll: False
SurvivorRestrictedBreakAll: False
HunterRestrictedPlaceAll: False
HunterRestrictedBreakAll: False
MysteryBoxChance: 0

[hl]A bit messy, sorry for that :/[/hl]
Hey Dijon, thanks for submitting a map! For your input file, this post explains more about it and you can use Tmn and Computerguy's config generator. They should make the config file easier to understand and make. If you have any more questions, I'm sure you can ask the AoD staff members. Good luck on your map!

G

Guest35486

You still have to put in the kits.

Kits are basically items Survivors and Hunters start with. For example, you can give them weapons, food, or blocks. Then put the rest of the items in chests for them to find.

Juggernauts are usually survivors with full iron or diamond armor and weapons.
Scavengers usually have less items than others, so they have to 'scavenge' for items, like their name suggests.
The lead Hunter also usually have better items since they start trying to kill the Survivors.
Try to balance them for a good game.

• Thank You
Reactions: Dijon316

Airkid

Reaction score
Thanks for submitting this map!
Great, unique map in my opinion, would love to see it on the server. I just have a few things that might need to be changed. I personally feel like there's a lack of chests on the map and there should be more chests on the land, not just constructions you guys built. Perhaps around trees, in one of the lakes?
I found in one of the pits a chest with 16 pearls. I find this a bit too much, especially considering that there are more pearls in other chests around the map. The other chests are fine since they only contain 1 or 2, but 16 pearls should really be changed.
Up on the dragon I found a doublechest with full iron gear. I'm not sure whether the full iron is over-powered or not since you haven't made the kits yet, but if the hunter kits don't contain fairly decent armour to be able to kill someone with full iron, that chest should definitely be fixed.
That's all I have to say for now, might have to edit this post once the kits are created. As I said before, I'd love to see this map on the server but just a few little tweaks are needed. Thanks Claire1018 for helping him out with the kits. :)

EDIT: Now that you've created the kits, let me just say a few things.
There has to be a change with the armour. I suggest you either change the armour type in the chest on the dragon or you change the hunter kits as a whole. I also noticed that the Juggernaut kit contains full iron, yet you can get full iron by either getting the chest on the dragon or killing the first hunter. Again, you can't expect hunters/survivors to fight against 2 juggernaut players.

Last edited:

ShadeSlayer98

Reaction score
Thank you for submitting a map!
Im gonna repeat what air said on the amount of chest. Add more chest around the map with better armor then leather. Maybe a mix of chain and gold depending on what the hunter kits look like. I agree with air on the iron gear but I notice there was a god apple in the chest. That's a no no. Also notice you could make at lest 6 strength II potions. Can you remove the blaze powder and only keep one in there. I know if a good pvper get those potions no one will have a chance. Map looks good over all. If you change the things I asked I'll change my rating.
0 for now

asaechao

─═☆The Blue Bird☆═─
Reaction score
Based on the screenshots of the chests and the pastebin, the gameplay would be pretty unbalanced. In the pastebin, I see that the Dark Hunter gets full Iron Armor against only Leather Helmet Survivors, and the other Hunters get full Leather Armor. Also, the chest with the full Iron Armor and Enchanted Golden Apple should get nerfed, perhaps to only Iron Leggings, Chain/Gold/Leather Armor and a Regular Golden Apple.

I will await changes before I post my vote.

Dijon316

Reaction score
Based on the screenshots of the chests and the pastebin, the gameplay would be pretty unbalanced. In the pastebin, I see that the Dark Hunter gets full Iron Armor against only Leather Helmet Survivors, and the other Hunters get full Leather Armor. Also, the chest with the full Iron Armor and Enchanted Golden Apple should get nerfed, perhaps to only Iron Leggings, Chain/Gold/Leather Armor and a Regular Golden Apple.

I will await changes before I post my vote.
The Survivors are supposed to be able to search chests for armor and items to fight against the Hunters. I will change the full iron armor though.
I will nerf the chests too.....

asaechao

─═☆The Blue Bird☆═─
Reaction score
The Survivors are supposed to be able to search chests for armor and items to fight against the Hunters. I will change the full iron armor though.
I understand that, but what if there's a lot of people on and all of the chests are taken? You would want to at least have a good chance to be able to defend yourself, or else it'd be boring/not fun.

Love

Princess ♥
Donor
Reaction score

The problem with the chest issue is, Hunters can just as easily access the chests, making them more over-powered than they already were. Thank you for changing the chests, though. Also, the Hunter kits don't need Helmets, considering Hunters, as you know, have pumpkins on their heads.

If the intention of the Helmets was for a reward to the Survivors for killing the Hunters, you may as well just put the Helmets in the kits for the Survivors.

In all honesty, I'm not liking how this is going to turn out just yet. I have yet to go on to BuildBox and see this map for myself. However looking at the screenshots provided, I don't exactly like this map. The way it looks, the way (so far) the chests look, etc.

For right now, I'm going to give this map a 0. Good luck.

Ragetastic96

Masterful
Donor
Reaction score
From a player perspective, i think the map looks great. Best of luck, i would love playing this! I love that chest with the sword "Rage-Tastic!" in it ;D

asaechao

─═☆The Blue Bird☆═─
Reaction score
Going with a -1, the map seems okay, but I'm not sure about the gameplay, based on the screenshots of chests, there's hardly any chests for a lot of people, if this is the case. Dark Hunter gets Iron Armor while Survivors get Leather, even with teaming this is unbalanced.

crashb23

The Rising Star
Reaction score
I've been on to look around, and I really like how the map looks: it's a very fresh look. However, I agree that the balance is very off, so a -1 from me.

However, I do want to see this map fixed and on the server. Dijon, why don't you play some rounds of AoD and pay close attention to the chests and kits provided for each team?

Solis22

AoD and A&T Op
Reaction score
First, I'll like to say amazing job creating such original and well made map, Dijon. Dragon looks good and the purple color around the map gives a nice feeling to it. So good job.

However, I do have to say the kits are not quite fair or balanced. It would ruin the gameplay quite a bit. I'll love you to change the kits, because I do want to see this map in AoD in the future.

But for now I'll need to go with a -1. Work on it though! The map does have potential.

Status
Not open for further replies.