The Big Red Text

Status
Not open for further replies.

HadesHunter

Reaction score
People seem to have a hard time comprehending what the Big Red Text on the TS/IRC Appeal sections means. Frankly, it's rather pathetic that I want to even suggest this at all. Note: This idea could also be implemented on all the Appeal sections for all 5 servers;

What I suggest is that there be a "Just To Clarify:" at the end of the short, 10 second-to-read text. As many of you have noticed, in the 2-or-so weeks that the forums have been up, there have already been 4 bad Appeals (Whether it's a wrong format or wrong section) from what I've seen. Many more will come, I'm positively sure. But if this diminishes some of those, then YAY for all of us! Staff won't have to constantly point out "This is the WRONG section." or "This is the WRONG format." So they can focus on the problem first and foremost. How would this work? SIMPLE! Simple enough that a Neanderthal would be disappointed/facepalming if a person missed it:

Example: "Just to clarify what the above message states: This is IRC/Teamspeak ONLY! If you post in here for ANY other server, you will be subject (But not limited) to;

Mockery
Painful scolding
General Disregard
Rumors concerning your LIMITED intelligence

You can find the other Appeal sections here:
-------------
-------------
-------------
-------------
-------------

Make sure your format is correct. (Read this: ------------)

Have a nice day."

Pros:
- Diminishes typing "Wrong this" and "Wrong that" on almost every post, and the overall dumbassery of people.
- Provides a sum of the Big Red Text (Which some people apparently need)

Con:
-Provides 6 more seconds of reading. (Oh no!! Not more reading!!)

Now, the Con probably outweighs the Pros. But... If we work together, type it big enough, then MAYBE (Just MAYBE) they will notice it! (Hopefully it will work)

JtTorso

Reaction score
Here's what we need to do: Get Nyan cat video that lasts for over half an hour, then put into the big red text, and have it play automatically when your on that page, then they would have to at least look at the red text to stop the nyan or they ignore it and turn it off like morons and they get generous amounts of ridicule in an appeal.

Brando212

Reaction score
i have a suggestion about this (not sure if it can be done on these forums, though i have seen it done before)

make it so they HAVE to go read the ban appeal rules/format before it will even let them post in that section (possibly even a little quiz about it)

these forums specifically i know do a system like that

Deadl0ck

Lord of the Rage
Reaction score
The big red text is already so big people are forced to scroll down past 4 arrows and attention grabbing big text to get to the thread lists and the new thread button.

There is also a warning in there about us mocking them.

HadesHunter

Reaction score
How about the Nyan Cat SUPER OMEGA ALPHA EXTENDED EDITION?

10 hours of non-stop Nyan, all coming from 1 cat. Also, CornFeather had on idea on TS a bit ago about making it SO large, that it would require 80 scrolls to get past. Maybe it should be only 40, but I overall agree.

(And do you really think there is a limit to stupidity?)

Jayfeather

Gay Magician
Donor
Reaction score
Make a multiple choiced test that they must pass to get into the thread.

What section are you posting a ban appeal in?

A.) lava______ B.) Zombie ______C.) Build

D.) SMP______ E.) CMP ______F.) IRC/Teamspeak

G.) Other, Please type this "other server" [Text box] I DUN KNOW PLZ UNBAN ME I R GUD I NO GRIFF OR CURS EV4R AGAIN CAN I HAZ TRUSTED NOW PL()X? [/Text box]
GENIUS.

Defiant_Blob

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
Donor
Reaction score
Make a multiple choiced test that they must pass to get into the thread.

A.) lava______ B.) Zombie ______C.) Build

D.) SMP______ E.) CMP ______F.) IRC/Teamspeak

G.) Other, Please type this "other server" [Text box] I DUN KNOW PLZ UNBAN ME I R GUD I NO GRIFF OR CURS EV4R AGAIN CAN I HAZ TRUSTED NOW PL()X? [/Text box]
BRILLIANT. But C should be TNT :p

ado921

Reaction score

A.) Lava______ B.) Zombie ___ C.) TNT

D.) Build______E.) SMP____ __F.) CMP

G.) IRC/Teamspeak

H.) Other, Please type this "other server" [Text box] I DUN KNOW PLZ UNBAN ME I R GUD I NO GRIFF OR CURS EV4R AGAIN CAN I HAZ TRUSTED NOW PL()X? [/Text box]

Fix'd

Refresh100

Geezuslike
Donor
Reaction score
Website
blocktopia.net

A.) Lava______ B.) Zombie ___ C.) TNT

D.) Build______E.) SMP____ __F.) CMP

G.) IRC/Teamspeak

H.) Other, Please type this "other server" [Text box] I DUN KNOW PLZ UNBAN ME I R GUD I NO GRIFF OR CURS EV4R AGAIN CAN I HAZ TRUSTED NOW PL()X? [/Text box]

Fix'd
Lol, there is no Build server, silly, CMP and Build are one.

icheesy

Reaction score
How about the Nyan Cat SUPER OMEGA ALPHA EXTENDED EDITION?

10 hours of non-stop Nyan, all coming from 1 cat. Also, CornFeather had on idea on TS a bit ago about making it SO large, that it would require 80 scrolls to get past. Maybe it should be only 40, but I overall agree.

(And do you really think there is a limit to stupidity?)

HEY YOU THERE!

| |
| |
| |
V V

---> READ THIS OR SUFFER THE PAIN OF WATCHING THE NYAN CAT! <---

If you are here to appeal a ban, you will need to make sure you
are posting in the right server forum section, as well as read
the stickied threads and follow the ban appeal format.

Failure to comply with these simple guildelines will result in your
appeal being moved or closed, and you risk being mocked for
not being able to read or follow this big red text.

Or you can have this, a ten hour long nyan cat video to replace the picture.

• Winner
Reactions: Da Jinks
Status
Not open for further replies.