The Bat: Darkness

Y

YouWould

PART 100: PROLOGUE
----
The young boy fell on his knees. A man pointed a gun at his head, but walked away.
"Bruce," said the woman who had been shot.
"Mom," said Bruce, "you'll make it through this. You can make it through."
"Bruce," said his mom, "I'm so sorry." Her head fell, and those were her last words. Bruce looked up and screamed at the top of his lungs.
----
12 years later...

Bruce wore a red shirt, a leather jacket, black gloves, sunglasses, black boots with red laces, and tan cargo pants. He walked into a dark alley to see a man wearing a red cloak.
"I see you dressed up," said the man.
"Who the hell are you, and how do you know that?" asked Bruce
"You'll know that in time, but first you need to know who your father was." He gave Bruce a note that said:
~~~~~~
Ace Chemicals
Red Room
5 PM the 6th

~~~~~~
Bruce looked up, but the man was gone. He pulled out the other note:
~~~~~~~~
Your mothers grave
11 PM the 3rd

~~~~~~~~

Last edited by a moderator:
Y

YouWould

PART 101: Breakout
----

Bruce walked in to see the same man as before. Bruce walked to him, and the man handed him two Eskrima sticks.
"Electric tips," said the masked man.
"What do you want?" asked Bruce.
"Every year on March sixth at 5:30, half the guards of Gotham Asylum are on leave celebrating the warden's birthday. It's still very secure, but there's a flaw in the system."
"Why do we need to break into the Asylum?"
"I've made arrangements with the prisoners for a subtle breakout. The cameras will loop last week's footage at the same time. The prisoners will make their way into the weapons room. From there, Victor Frese will use his experimental ice cannon to freeze the wall to near zero Kelvin. The strongest of them will break through the wall, leading to a system of hidden tunnels that will bring them to an old sewer pipe, leading them to freedom."
"So what part do I have in this?"
"There are still guards."
----
Bruce jumped down, slamming his Eskrima sticks into the back of the guard's head. He put one in his pocket, and grabbed the guard's gun. The other guard saw him, and shot at him. The bullet missed, nearly hitting his right ear. Bruce shot at the guard, hitting him in the leg. The guard fell, and Bruce looked at his watch. The other guards were in the Solitary area with the real psychopaths. The cells opened up, most average people, one with scars all over his body, and one with a tattoo that said "FREEZE".
"Let's go," said the tattooed man, "we only have an hour."

Y

YouWould

PART 102: Sewer
----
They walked into the weapons room, and the man with the tattoo grabbed his ice cannon. Bruce saw three red throwing stars and put them in his pocket. The man with the tattoo fired the ice cannon at the wall. Three muscly prisoners bashed at the wall until it cracked, then shattered. The man with the scars all over his body walked behind everyone else, carrying a knife. They reached the end of the hall, which had a door. they opened it to see a bathroom.
"Are you fucking kidding me?" asked one of the prisoners.
"This is perfect," said Freeze. He pulled the old, rusted toilet out of the ground, leading to an area that collapsed to form a quick way to a sewer. He climbed down, followed by Bruce and the other prisoners. When they were all down, the scarred prisoner pulled out his knife and cut the back of the prisoner in front of him. He fell into the water, screaming.
"What the hell, Zsasz?" asked Freeze, "who knows what Wayne Incorporated was working on when their shit flooded into here!"
"We need to run," said Bruce, "now."
"Who the fuck put you in charge?" asked Freeze. Suddenly, the man turned green, and his body started to swell, his skin peeling.
"RUN!" yelled Bruce. The man swelled even more, his facial features changing and nose disappearing. His mouth widened and his eyes turned red. His teeth sharpened and grew out. Freeze shot the Prisoner-turned-beast and they all ran. They saw a sewer cover, and one of the prisoners fired a grappling line at the side, and they climbed up and out. Zsasz ran away fast as he could, but the rest stayed there.
"It's a shame the KGB went underground," said one of the prisoners, "hopefully they'll take me back."
"How'd you know we needed to run?" asked Freeze.
"I used to work at Wayne Incorporated," said Bruce, "they were working on an all-in-all cure for any disease ranging from the common cold to ALS. The vaccine worked at first, but it was dumped into the sewer when it was discovered more issues came than were fixed. The company lost a lot of money after they dumped it, so a lot of us were layed off." Bruce's watch beeped, and he stole a motorcycle and drove to Ace Chemicals.

Y

YouWould

PART 103: Light
----
12 years ago...

Bruce slammed his fist into the wall, sobbing. A Bat flew out, and he grabbed it. The Bat bit him, and Bruce threw it on the ground. He stepped on its wing and grabbed it with his other hand. He pulled, and the Bat bled to death. His butler walked in, seeing Bruce with blood on his hands and a dead Bat on the ground.
"What happened?" asked the Butler.
"Alfred," said Bruce, tears streaming down his face, "my mother was just shot." Alfred sat by him and hugged him.
"Bruce," said Alfred, "one day someone is going to stand up to the black mask Gotham has donned. They'll tear off the mask and reveal Gotham for its true and full potential. A hero will save us, and a hero can be anyone."
----
Today

Bruce stood on the edge of a building, the man in the mask holding a gun to the back of his head.
"You don't know who killed my mother," said Bruce, "do you?"
"I know more than you want to know," said the man.
"You promised one job and you'd give me information."
"Information doesn't mean I play all my cards. What you can know is I'm the Hood, and if you don't help me, you get a bullet in your head or you fall to your death. You decide."
"I'm not as stupid as one may think." Bruce jumped off the building and crashed into one of the rooms. His sunglasses fell off, and one of his employees saw him.
"Edward," said Bruce, "you saw nothing. Remember, I control how much you get payed." Bruce slipped his sunglasses back on and took the elevator to the private garage. His head was pounding and his arm was swelling. He walked in and fell over, everything going black.

Y

YouWould

PART 104: WHO
----
42 Minutes Earlier...

Bruce rode into Ace Chemicals, driving onto the platform and drifting to a stop. He got off the motorcycle to see the man in the red mask with a gun in his pocket and a picture in his hand. When Bruce got close, he set the picture face down.
"Do you know who you are?" asked the man.
"Excuse me?" asked Bruce.
"I used to think I knew who I was, years ago. Then Martha Wayne happened. The sneaky bitch, I'll never forgive her for that, or her family." He pulled out his gun and fired it at Bruce, the bullet hitting his right thigh. Bruce ran limply to his motorcycle as fast as he could. He got on and drove down to Wayne Enterprises HQ. The man followed him in a souped-up black car. Bruce ran up the stairs and opened the door to the roof, taking down any of his guards he saw. He stepped out onto the ledge of the building, looking down at the chaos below. Police cars and vans chased down a truck with KGBST spray-painted on the side. Bruce heard the click of a revolver behind him.
"Checkmate," said the man in the red mask.
----
Now

Bruce awoke, startled. Everything was blurry for a few seconds, but he made out where he was and remembered.
"You were injected in the arm by a prototypal drug called "Icarus". It induced a hyper-production of red blood cells in the concealed area. I managed to drain a lot of it." said Alfred.
"Thanks," said Bruce, "now my top priority is catching this "Red Hood."
"Not exactly," said Alfred, "since you've apparently turned tables, I might suggest going after a group of internet terrorists. They're attempting to reform the KGB and NKVD, and are headed by an Asylum escapee known as the KGBST and his partner, NKVDMN. Their goal is to overtake the planet using the internet to blackmail people with their personal information, such as PIN and Credit Card numbers, bank passwords, anything they can get their hands on."
"Right," said Bruce, "think big, and be a hero." Bruce looked at his red shirt, which had a hole in it. He put on a gray shirt, his jacket, gray cargo pants, and his boots. He smeared facepaint around his eyes and put his leather jacket's hood on. Bruce grabbed his Eskrima sticks, reprogrammed watch, and throwing stars, and got on his motorcycle.
"Alright, Alfred," said Bruce, "where do I start?"

Y

YouWould

PART 105: HOSTAGE
----
The man wore a dark blue shirt with a large, bright red Swastika on the front. He had blue, leather pants with red boots and a red belt. He also wore an ammo sash and had "NKVD" on the back of his shirt. He walked into Gotham District Court and pulled a Semi-Automatic handgun out of one of his belt pockets. He fired a bullet at the prosecutor's lawyer, whose name was Harvey Dent. The bullet grazed his ear, and he fell on the ground. Someone tried to leave, but the man shot him in the back of the head.
"My name is NKVDMN," said the man, "I go by Demon just as well. Today, we're going to play a very special game of natural selection." A man stood up.
"I've never fully trusted that anyone goes without a bit of good in their heart. There's some light in you, too." said the man. Demon walked up to him.
"You know what I think?" asked Demon.
"What?"
"I think you've got a lot to learn." Demon pulled out a machete and shoved it in between two of the man's ribs.
"Anyone else want to be a hero? No? Good." Suddenly, a red throwing star missed Demon's shoulder and tore through a tendon. Demon fell over, bleeding. Everyone left, but Bruce stood and walked towards him. Bruce grabbed him by the neck, blood flowing down his arm.
"Where the hell is KGBST?" asked Bruce, who pulled out another throwing star.
"Gotham subway... S417... jump out at the broken third rail." Bruce slammed Demon's head against the wall and walked away, calling an ambulance. Bruce snuck into the subway station to see it empty.
"Why hello," said a voice behind him, "I see Demon's lured you into my trap."
"Who are you?" asked Bruce
"I am the KGBST," said the voice, "and you're under arrest by the KGB." Red dots shined onto Bruce's leather jacket, and he gave up his Eskrima sticks and held up his hands.

Y

YouWould

PART 106: KGB
----
Four gunmen surrounded Bruce, and KGBST picked up the Eskrima sticks. He walked back, and in an instant, Bruce got down, pulled his last throwing star out of his pocket. and jumped, turning with his arm out, cutting the skin of the four gunmen. They fell down, and Bruce grabbed a gun.
"Well done," said KGBST, "but simple movements wont bring the KGB back to its knees."
"Back?" asked Bruce.
"Oh, yes. We've become almost as powerful as we once were, and tomorrow we take Russia."
"Without your right-hand man?"
"I'll find a replacement."
"Not when I'm done with you." Bruce fired his gun at him, but nothing came out.
"You're quite the fool, Bruce." Bruce saw a knife halfway out of one of the men's pockets. He looked at his final, bloody throwing star, and threw it at KGBST. He dropped one of the Eskrima sticks to catch it, and it fell on the metal ground, tip-first. A quick shock hit, and KGBST screamed, burning in pain. Bruce lunged at him and impaled the knife into his forehead. Bruce grabbed his sticks and left the knife in his head. Bruce called the police, and once again, left.
----
A forensic scientist examined KGBST's body, and pulled out the knife. Only one Police officer was with him.
"What're you doing?" asked the officer. The scientist jumped at him, pinned him down, and put the knife by his face.
"You see, Officer Petrova," said the scientist, "I'm gonna make you beautiful." He cut off the man's face, pulled a pig mask out of his bag, and sewed it into his remaining skin.
"And starting with you, one by one, Professor Pyg will remake humanity in a perfect light."

Y

YouWould

PART 107: ROYALTY
----
Bruce heard gunshots from inside Gotham Academy. He walked in to see four criminals in all black, wearing white ski masks with symbols painted on them. There were five of them, all surrounding a class of preschoolers, pointing their guns at them. Suddenly, a young girl jumped up and tried to attack one of them. The man, who had the Spade symbol painted on his mask, grabbed her by the neck.
"Glad to see we have volunteers," said Spade. He held her to the wall, and a woman with the Heart symbol taped her to the ceiling, feet up. The man with the Club symbol took out a knife and ran it along her face.
"I recommend you don't move," said Club. Bruce threw his Eskrima stick, tip-forward, and it hit Club. He fell, and accidentally fired a bullet into Spade's leg.
"Lets go!" Yelled Heart, a woman who couldn't have been older than 11. They ran out the back door and hopped on their motorcycles. Club followed, but Spade was left, wounded.
"Talk," said Bruce, his foot on Spade's shoulder, "why did you do this?"
"Fame," said Spade. Even with his mask on, Bruce could feel Spade's demented smile forming.
"WHO ARE YOU?"
"I don't have to tell you shit!"
"I beg to differ." Bruce slammed him against the wall.
"What're you going to do? Kill me?"
"I wont hesitate."
"Please, I know you must be a smart man. Smart enough to know killing your only source of info wouldn't be wise."
"Fine, tell me your name and I'll let you go."
"My name is Hector Hammond. Now let me go."
"Fine," said Bruce. Hector limped out of the school, fast as he could. Bruce saw something on the ground, a playing card. It was a Joker card, drenched in blood. Bruce took the card and the blood from Hector's leg, the only blood in the room, and left.

Y

YouWould

Part 108: ANALYSIS
----
Bruce ran a sample on the card. Surprisingly, none of the DNA was from Hector.
"Computer, search for matches." said Bruce.
"Analyzing," the computer stalled "4 different DNA matches found, 1 Deceased."
"44.9% match: Lazlo Valentin. 39.2% match: Roman Sionis. 29.7% match: Timothy Blake."
"And the deceased?"
"79.6% match: Thomas Wayne." Bruce sat, his head lighter.
"Computer ,where are the living ones now?"
"Lazlo Valentin disappeared 6 months ago, however his apartment was found one week ago with very notable changes, including a pentagram on the floor, drawn in blood, and '666' sprawled in blood everywhere. The blood samples have been matched with many who have dissapeared in the past 2 months. Roman Sionis is currently running Sionis Corporation. Timothy Blake went missing at age 12 from his parents. He was sighted 8 years later, however when the police tried to retrieve him, they were found dead, their organs missing."
"What're the criminal records of Lazlo?"
"Lazlo Valentin: 12 instances of first-degree and 24 instances of second-degree murder. 6 instances of battery and 215 instances of attempted terrorism. 25 cases of terrorism."
"And Roman?"
"Roman Sionis: 1 instance of identity theft, 3 Speeding violations, 2 Parking violations, currently under investigation for business fraud."
"Sounds like Lazlo's our guy," said Bruce, shutting down his computer.
----
Roman Sionis walked to the top floor of his company headquarters. He jumped when he saw the man in the red cloak.
"You cant be here!" yelled Sionis
"Oh, don't worry." said the man, "you did a good job modifying the Wayne's failed serum." Suddenly, three men walked through the door. One was large, green and scaly, with a light-colored chest and neck and an elongated face.
"Roman," said the man, "meet Freeze, Zsasz, and Croc."
"What do you want?" asked Roman
"You remember my deal." The man said, holding up a black mask, "I'm putting together a team."
"Team?" asked Roman.
"Welcome to Task Force X," said Freeze.