The Bastard Game: Day 5

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Infected_alien8_

Would you bother to put up a list of everyone who hasnt responded today and tag them?

They might have forgotten about the game, and their opinions could be useful.
Ltin has been extremely quiet and I'm interested in his thoughts in all this considering I'm like 85% sure he's Mafia and if vat can clear up why he visited inf I'll be voting him today <3

Unusual_Dood, Vatumok, One one two, HKCaper, and Oak Milk also didn't respond

Rune hasn't been online

In fact Oak you still never answered me from yesterday - why'd you imply I was lying about having a different name? Do Mafia not have different names or something?

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
There wasn't three kills tho
Unless there are kills that didn't go through that you know about
Yeah, Notty was a kill target last night, thus at least three kills were performed last night

Unless the mafia have some ability where if their kill is protected it deflects onto someone else or something, which I find unlikely

Ltin

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Ltin has been extremely quiet and I'm interested in his thoughts in all this considering I'm like 85% sure he's Mafia and if vat can clear up why he visited inf I'll be voting him today <3
Wait did vat visit you or the person named inf.

This is going to get confusing isn't it.
Maybe we should come up with some sort of name convention so we always know whether we are talking about a person role name or the person themselves.

Inf's various claims (combined) just scream OP to me.

Medical assistant alone seems more powerful than doc, which means if taking the medical notassistant is a promotion whoever that is must be even more powerful.

The lie detector thing (if it is real) also screams OP to me.

These are the scenarios in my head:
1. Inf is telling the truth about his claim(s).

If this is the case then I would bet that inf has something to do with the poisoning of notty (as some sort of hidden non benfit). This makes more sense than a trained doctor (I.e. The role inf replaces) doing that, although it could also be possible there is a poisoner or something.

2. If is lying about something.

This makes the most sense to me given the relative lack of info to confirm or deny the first possibility.

Inf's role sounds very much overpowered, and a superior would have to be even more overpowered for that naming convention to make sense. Perhaps inf is trying to distract any potential doctors to get them out of the way? As I type this is seems less likely, but it could also mean that inf really is a poisoner, and this medical thing is something that he can use to say "oh that must be a hidden part of my role". Also notable is that if inf was mafia, he would know the kill (and thus also, the not kills) so he could pretend to "save" people and stuff.

As I wrote that it didn't seems as plausible, except for the poison thing.
Either way my money is on inf poisoning notty, pending more info (is the notty that inf protected the one who isn't notty irl?)

• Informative
Reactions: Fog

Nottykitten

Nomnomnom kitteh!
Reaction score
So you're not the Interrogator Ltin?

Also theres a 50% chance Inf is lying about some things, there is a 4th person in this inn who will claim town interrogator and inf is just trusting a bunch of strangers who let him make this fake claim. A bonus 50% where Inf isn't even the doctor but he role swapped with someone from the inn who suggested they were the doctor.

Danni122112 Who did you target last night?
He said he targeted Nottykitten(role me not irl me). Are you the town interrogator or not?

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Danni122112 Who did you target last night?
Notty, which could be, and probably is a coincidence, but notty was poisoned last night. Unless he visited the real notty, in which case notty was mafia-targetted last night.

Wait did vat visit you or the person named inf.

This is going to get confusing isn't it.
I'm not sure.

Medical assistant alone seems more powerful than doc, which means if taking the medical notassistant is a promotion whoever that is must be even more powerful.
As far as I've been told, the other medical role isn't more powerful, it's less powerful

The lie detector thing (if it is real) also screams OP to me.
Agreed, but we'll just have to wait for Jivvi to confirm that it was a thing, and maybe tonight some other people will be sent to it.

If this is the case then I would bet that inf has something to do with the poisoning of notty (as some sort of hidden non benfit). This makes more sense than a trained doctor (I.e. The role inf replaces) doing that, although it could also be possible there is a poisoner or something.
Why are you favouring the idea of a protection role being a poisoner over an actual poisoner role being the poisoner? Also why would I protect people just to poison them? Seems like a pointless role, though I guess this is Bastard

Ltin

Mafia Host
Reaction score
As far as I've been told, the other medical role isn't more powerful, it's less powerful
What information have you been given that led you to that conclusion?

Promote implies a superior (I.e. Probably not assistant) role, and as such implies more power/influence.

It doesn't make any sense for what you claim to be the case.

Why are you favouring the idea of a protection role being a poisoner over an actual poisoner role being the poisoner? Also why would I protect people just to poison them? Seems like a pointless role, though I guess this is Bastard
You seem to be misunderstanding what I said.

The possibilities I proposed were (these all assume you were the one who poisoned notty)

1. You are a poisoner and your medical claim is a lie

2. You are the medical assistant dude and you are poisoning people w/o your knowledge (as an inexperienced medical person might be liable to do)

I don't remember if I said it in my post or not, but I haven't ruled out a poisoner.
But there is no reason to rule out inf poisoning either

Multiple quoting on mobile is hard.

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
What information have you been given that led you to that conclusion?
The fact that when the other role dies and my role changes, I can no longer see when my targets were attacked

Like, if I add my own personal values to the abilities I've been told about

A: Can only protect against mafia kills (-1) but sees when targets are attacked (+2)
B: Can protect against all kills (+1.5) but can no longer see when targets are attacked (-2)

A = 1
B= -0.5

So my role is more powerful I think

One one two

Per aspera ad astra
Donor
Reaction score

Unusual_Dood, Vatumok, One one two, HKCaper, and Oak Milk also didn't respond

Rune hasn't been online

In fact Oak you still never answered me from yesterday - why'd you imply I was lying about having a different name? Do Mafia not have different names or something?
hey I've been posting

• Agree
Reactions: Danni122112

Ltin

Mafia Host
Reaction score
The fact that when the other role dies and my role changes, I can no longer see when my targets were attacked

A: Can only protect against mafia kills (-1) but sees when targets are attacked (+2)
B: Can protect against all kills (+1.5) but can no longer see when targets are attacked (-2)

A = 1
B= -0.5

Wait what do you mean by "see when targets were attacked"
Wouldn't you know they had been attacked if they died?

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score

A = 1
B= -0.5

Oops wait I did that wrong since I made it lose -2 for losing an ability when it should have defaulted to 0

IDK basically I think my role is better

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Wait what do you mean by "see when targets were attacked"
Wouldn't you know they had been attacked if they died?
No because I'd have protected them

As a vanilla doctor, you protect someone, and the only way you can really see if they were attacked is if there was a missing kill the next night or something

With my role I can see if a Mafia attacked them