The Bastard Game: Day 5

Danni122112

The Drunk
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
Claiming for them is the best thing for the town. There is absolutely 0 reason for them to hide. The chance they die during the night is exactly the same whether they claim or not, meaning not claiming has no benefits and would only throw away valuable information. As long as the Mafia don't know their flavour name they have almost as much chance of killing him as a random guess which theyd also have if he didnt claim and then wanted to guess who he is.
this are very good points, assuming none in the mafia has an ability "reaveals persons role name", which could be an a possiblity, but I more of that if they die next night, we know for sure, if you get me. I dont see a point of then not claiming just because ther emight be a role like that.

• Confusing
Reactions: Infected_alien8_

Vatumok

Former CA
Reaction score
Seems like fake Vatumok is up to no good then, I stayed at home this night. The role Vat is probably scared to claim as they will be lynched. I could claim my role-name if we want to figure that out but I'm still worried about the dangers.

Also sorry for responding so late, it's very hard to keep up esp because this game is rather confusing.

Vatumok

Former CA
Reaction score
Also, I am not the town interrogator or something. Inffy's claim seems pretty legit right now only I do not understand why he says that "the real notty" can't be mafia, that's a rather sus statement.

Danni122112

The Drunk
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
Also, I am not the town interrogator or something. Inffy's claim seems pretty legit right now only I do not understand why he says that "the real notty" can't be mafia, that's a rather sus statement.
Do you have any issues, not related to evidence, about us lynching the role with your name, concdering its, your name?

Danni122112

The Drunk
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
Seems like fake Vatumok is up to no good then, I stayed at home this night. The role Vat is probably scared to claim as they will be lynched. I could claim my role-name if we want to figure that out but I'm still worried about the dangers.

Also sorry for responding so late, it's very hard to keep up esp because this game is rather confusing.
this message did not load for whatever reason, before I posted mine.

I'd reccomend not claiming for now, it seems likely mafia has to know your role name to kill you, so eh

• Agree
Reactions: Nottykitten

Fog

Mafia Host
Reaction score
I would just like to confirm with both Inffy and Jivvi that this lie detector inn or whatever you were told that the interrogator wouldn’t be there? Like it is confirmed that it is not one of you? Because for all we know one of you could be this role and trying to cover it up

• Agree
Reactions: Nottykitten

Danni122112

The Drunk
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
I would just like to confirm with both Inffy and Jivvi that this lie detector inn or whatever you were told that the interrogator wouldn’t be there? Like it is confirmed that it is not one of you? Because for all we know one of you could be this role and trying to cover it up
If inffys role gets more abilities I am going to find ender and demand some more for my own role.

• Winner
Reactions: Iggish

Nottykitten

Nomnomnom kitteh!
Reaction score
First we were on the same page, third and second in just confused
Spoiler alert but I have some possibly useful information from my role that I'll share either once we've got all town interrogator claims or if that takes too long then somewhere tonight. I'd rather not do it right now since doing too much at once might be a bit confusing for some people so I'd rather get this Inf situation settled first.

HKCaper

Almighty Goat
Reaction score
Alright im back and i want to share a few thoughts. Bear with me, some things i might say have already been said today.

#1 So right now I'm quite sure how at least a part of the game works, and even if that is clear to everyone I'm still want to go into some details and conventions:

So I think every player has been assigned a different player in the game (i think this is clear so far). I wanna try go get everyone use 1 certain convention, where we either use "player" or game [player], to talk about the role names, and just [player] to talk about the actual person. Now we got this out of the way, i think everything anyone does in the game is always directed from game [player] to game [player]. So if a player anyone visits another player, the actions that goes thru is game [player] visits game [player]. This makes a lot of things risky, since targets can be random guesses, but also reports give a game name as well, rendering them useless if the player coupled to it is unknown. SO, dont claim your names at least for now, since it would put you at risk if you are a town pr (well or anyone for that matter). On the other hand there is the risk of getting lynched / killed if your game [player] is lynched / killed at random so that makes it even more tricky.

#2 I'm not the interrogator.

#3 I think we all noticed something weird about Unu yesterday, where he voted a different danni. I therefore have reason to believe that he can target actual players in stead of game players. First that was were this theory ended, but then i came across this iggish post today:
If I had to guess, I'd say that there is at least one night kill role that cuts through the fake name, to kill the real person. I'm guessing this would be the serial killer.
Combine this idea with the fact that Unu was probably able target actual players, and that REAL twg died n1, this could be a decent theory. (however game inffy being targetted is also reasonable enough, so it's not the best theory, BUT STILL unu voting different is weird, and nobody? has been talking about it today.)

#4 also came across this quote when looking for quote above, and i found it a bit odd, since it goes against my point #1. WHY does iggish have his own name? or is he nameless? I know i said claiming is risky, i would like to know more about this, since the name feature is quite deterministic for this game. So rather then trying to get game vatu to claim (why would he reveal when he has that inffy report against him?), maybe someone is game iggish and can claim, or if there is no game iggish (if iggish is game iggish), he can explain himself a bit more?
I dont have a name. I'm myself. It's not a lot of info but it's something I guess.
feel free to reply / disagree, soz for decently long post i try to avoid

tldr: USE CONVENTION: GAME [PLAYER] FOR ROLE NAMES, and [PLAYER] FOR ACTUAL PEOPLE. read the rest urself!

Reactions: Iggish

Nottykitten

Nomnomnom kitteh!
Reaction score
tldr: USE CONVENTION: GAME [PLAYER] FOR ROLE NAMES, and [PLAYER] FOR ACTUAL PEOPLE. read the rest urself!
At first I thought about using 'role *name*' which seemed good and slightly caught on I think but that conflights with where role name means the actual name of the role so I'm just calling them flavour names now.

I agree with this convention though, normal names should just be said normal without anything and for the flavour names a prefix like the one you suggested would be nice so we don't accidentally mistake things.

HKCaper

Almighty Goat
Reaction score
I want to come back to something i said about iggish. If the flavour names were assigned at random, of course there is a chance someone got their own name. I still find iggish phrasing ambiguous. Do you not have a name at all, 0r did you mean that your are yourself, so your game name is iggish? Iggish please reply (the second is more obvious, but your never know it is bastard afterall)

"Iggish said:
I dont have a name. I'm myself. It's not a lot of info but it's something I guess."

Notme

Self-Aware Forum AI
Reaction score
Website
escaperestart.com
I want to come back to something i said about iggish. If the flavour names were assigned at random, of course there is a chance someone got their own name. I still find iggish phrasing ambiguous. Do you not have a name at all, 0r did you mean that your are yourself, so your game name is iggish? Iggish please reply (the second is more obvious, but your never know it is bastard afterall)

"Iggish said:
I dont have a name. I'm myself. It's not a lot of info but it's something I guess."
Its possible.
Or Enderfive decideded to mess around and give Iggish his role name of Iggish.

Ltin

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Who hasn't dropped by yet?
The town interrogator (if it exists) is probably among them (yea I'm sure this sounds like I am stating the obvious, which I am, fight me)
He claims he can only protect people from the Mafia kill, and gets told when he is successful.
Thus if he gets told he protected game notty successfully,

Nottykitten

Nomnomnom kitteh!
Reaction score
[xtable=skin1]
{tbody}
{tr}
{td}Forum name{/td}
{td}Are they the Town Interrogator{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Notty{/td}
{td}No{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Iggish{/td}
{td}No{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Inf{/td}
{td}No{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Vat{/td}
{td}No{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Oog{/td}
{td}No{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Hip{/td}
{td}No{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Unu{/td}
{td}No{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Arelic{/td}
{td}No{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Fog{/td}
{td}No{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Danni{/td}
{td}No{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}One{/td}
{td} {/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Rune{/td}
{td} {/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Oak{/td}
{td} {/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Jivvi{/td}
{td}Essentially no but not explicitly stated{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Notme{/td}
{td}No{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Hk{/td}
{td}No{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Ltin{/td}
{td}No{/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]

From the 3 people who haven't confirmed it yet One has posted and he seems like he doesn't want the Town Interrogator to claim so maybe it's him?

Im not the interrogator. Also, Im thinking that there might have been a role (possibly a mafia player) that made my vote weird yesterday. So, I think we should test it again?
If you want you can vote for Aqua since theres already a vote on him atm

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score

*vibes*​

I still feel like it would carry over since it'd give mafia too big of an advantage if they can target whoever they please. (Which is why I'm a bit cautious regarding the role claims) But I mean, it is a bastard set up.

If they detected any lies, then they could give us valuable information, especially if Inffy and Jivvi are working together. Though, if they're both mafia, they could just use the mafia night chat, since Dess is dead. Perhaps it's more likely if they're 3rd party/mafia, mafia/town, or 3rd party/town? It seems likely that a lie detector chat would be set up so that multiple afflictions are involved? I'd imagine mafia/town would be the most likely scenario since there have been quite a few 3rd parties lately though. (Dess confirmed, Danni claimed, and most likely a SK)
Oh right I should probably have clarified this but the PM chat had [Night 1] at the beginning, which makes me think it happens each night

I'd imagine mafia/town would be the most likely scenario since there have been quite a few 3rd parties lately though. (Dess confirmed, Danni claimed, and most likely a SK)​
Why do you think it's likely town/mafia, just because we have some third party claims?

How would you know its Infs true role and that he isnt lying?

He does have alot more to add, from what you both have told us he gets told if someone lies about their aligment or something so that means if either of you lied about being town the investigator will know and can thus tell us. Furthermore the Town Interrogator how youve described them can confirm not only you but Inf and themselves aswell, there is no reason the town investigator should stay hidden unless theyre trying to deprive the town of 3 proven people.
I mean the fact they don't out that me/jivvi are lying kinda proves we weren't. If the interrogator can do another lie detector tonight with different people, then by tomorrow, not only will the lie detector be proven to exist by others, but the silence on the interrogator's part will prove our truth, and they wouldn't have to risk outing - which is a risk, especially after I claimed and requested doctor protection because if the Mafia does have the ability to bypass the name mechanic like I do then it makes sense not to out. Outing the interrogator now only proves people a day early, if the chat happens again tonight.

As long as the Mafia don't know their flavour name they have almost as much chance of killing him as a random guess which theyd also have if he didnt claim and then wanted to guess who he is.
We don't know that for sure.

this are very good points, assuming none in the mafia has an ability "reaveals persons role name", which could be an a possiblity, but I more of that if they die next night, we know for sure, if you get me. I dont see a point of then not claiming just because ther emight be a role like that.
What do you mean "but I more of that if they die next night, we know for sure"? And why do you not see the point in claiming an extremely useful PR if there's a risk involved?

Because they were attacked last night.

I mean if that's the case why would either of us even answer that honestly?

Alright im back and i want to share a few thoughts. Bear with me, some things i might say have already been said today.

#1 So right now I'm quite sure how at least a part of the game works, and even if that is clear to everyone I'm still want to go into some details and conventions:

So I think every player has been assigned a different player in the game (i think this is clear so far). I wanna try go get everyone use 1 certain convention, where we either use "player" or game [player], to talk about the role names, and just [player] to talk about the actual person. Now we got this out of the way, i think everything anyone does in the game is always directed from game [player] to game [player]. So if a player anyone visits another player, the actions that goes thru is game [player] visits game [player]. This makes a lot of things risky, since targets can be random guesses, but also reports give a game name as well, rendering them useless if the player coupled to it is unknown. SO, dont claim your names at least for now, since it would put you at risk if you are a town pr (well or anyone for that matter). On the other hand there is the risk of getting lynched / killed if your game [player] is lynched / killed at random so that makes it even more tricky.

#2 I'm not the interrogator.

#3 I think we all noticed something weird about Unu yesterday, where he voted a different danni. I therefore have reason to believe that he can target actual players in stead of game players. First that was were this theory ended, but then i came across this iggish post today:

Combine this idea with the fact that Unu was probably able target actual players, and that REAL twg died n1, this could be a decent theory. (however game inffy being targetted is also reasonable enough, so it's not the best theory, BUT STILL unu voting different is weird, and nobody? has been talking about it today.)

#4 also came across this quote when looking for quote above, and i found it a bit odd, since it goes against my point #1. WHY does iggish have his own name? or is he nameless? I know i said claiming is risky, i would like to know more about this, since the name feature is quite deterministic for this game. So rather then trying to get game vatu to claim (why would he reveal when he has that inffy report against him?), maybe someone is game iggish and can claim, or if there is no game iggish (if iggish is game iggish), he can explain himself a bit more?

feel free to reply / disagree, soz for decently long post i try to avoid

Wait what, I completely missed Iggish saying that

--

Anyway I should come clean about a lie I've told (and the only lie I've told <3). The watcher report thing was made up. I said it because I wanted to get a reaction out of vatumok because my <o> tells me he's evil, but my brain didn't register the setup mechanic properly for some reason and I forgot that by claiming vatumok visited infected_alien8, that would mean it wasn't actually vatumok but his role. And then when I realized this, I decided to keep up the charade to see what happens with the vatumok role and how they reacted instead but now that I've slept and am able to think properly again I think it could put the role vatumok in danger if he's like a genuine good townie and I force them to claim or something and then they get nightkilled, so I'm going to stop this before it gets out of hand because I realize lying and getting people into a corner isn't exactly the most useful way to help town. But I stand by my read on Vatumok. His latest post feels weird to me, like he wanted to seem town by believing my claim (since if he's mafia he'll know I'm not a mafia member making it up or something) but also wanted to force himself to find something about me as doubtful so that he'd look like a critical town, so picked something about my claim to randomly critique which didn't make a lot of sense.

Arelic's reactions thus far to my prodding have seemed fine. I'm still convinced Ltin is scum though.

Mooglie

The Local Cow
Reaction score
Anyway I should come clean about a lie I've told (and the only lie I've told <3). The watcher report thing was made up. I said it because I wanted to get a reaction out of vatumok because my <o> tells me he's evil, but my brain didn't register the setup mechanic properly for some reason and I forgot that by claiming vatumok visited infected_alien8, that would mean it wasn't actually vatumok but his role. And then when I realized this, I decided to keep up the charade to see what happens with the vatumok role and how they reacted instead but now that I've slept and am able to think properly again I think it could put the role vatumok in danger if he's like a genuine good townie and I force them to claim or something and then they get nightkilled, so I'm going to stop this before it gets out of hand because I realize lying and getting people into a corner isn't exactly the most useful way to help town. But I stand by my read on Vatumok. His latest post feels weird to me, like he wanted to seem town by believing my claim (since if he's mafia he'll know I'm not a mafia member making it up or something) but also wanted to force himself to find something about me as doubtful so that he'd look like a critical town, so picked something about my claim to randomly critique which didn't make a lot of sense.
what is your PROBLEM