The Bastard Game: Day 5

Fog

Mafia Host
Reaction score
There's no way for us to know if it's role Vat or actual Vat though right? And it'll be pretty much impossible to force role Vat to claim unless there's an investigative role for this? Also not town investigator.
im pretty sure it was real Vat as he was talking about being in a night PM if i read it correctly?

Fog

Mafia Host
Reaction score
So what do you mean that you can't see how his role can help town? His role isn't a town-sided role, he changes roles entirely if he becomes town.

And we don't, which is why I wanted to lynch him yesterday, because from now on we're constantly going to be in the dark about whether he changed into a dangerous role last night. But last night the worst he could've turned into is the gambler which probably doesn't end the game if it wins since that would be trashy, so for now he's probably safe
No, what im saying is that it is very unlikely that there would be two roles in the game that are pretty much identical but one is town sided and the other is 3rd party ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
If it was talking about the real vatumok, that means the real vatumok isn't a killing role, so he has no reason to lie, except if he wants to stay hidden about having a visit or something.

If it was talking about the fake vatumok, they probably killed TWG and thus will probably lie about visiting them last night.

Nottykitten

Nomnomnom kitteh!
Reaction score
I'll claim my name later so that I can have the security of knowing that people can't mislynch me yet
How about you claim now? We won't mislynch you unless this Town Interrigator nonsense doesn't pan out. You not claiming your name right now is so you can live in the shadows once we find out any lies. Call me skeptical but I don't see a reason to wait especially since nobody here is stupid enough to hop on a bandwagon while we're still confirming your story.

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
No, what im saying is that it is very unlikely that there would be two roles in the game that are pretty much identical but one is town sided and the other is 3rd party ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
But how can the role danni claimed be town-sided? Are you saying you're town but can change to mafia if you target mafia or something? Or like a turncoat role?

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
How about you claim now? We won't mislynch you unless this Town Interrigator nonsense doesn't pan out. You not claiming your name right now is so you can live in the shadows once we find out any lies. Call me skeptical but I don't see a reason to wait especially since nobody here is stupid enough to hop on a bandwagon while we're still confirming your story.
Because the town interrogator may not claim for some reason, even though Ender told me they exist, and then I'd be lynched and town would lose a PR.

Fog

Mafia Host
Reaction score
But how can the role danni claimed be town-sided? Are you saying you're town but can change to mafia if you target mafia or something? Or like a turncoat role?
Might aswell claim, hello i am the Town Student I can select one player at any point in the game and if that player dies (day or night) I gain their abilities, yet I keep my town win condition no matter who I become.

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Might aswell claim, hello i am the Town Student I can select one player at any point in the game and if that player dies (day or night) I gain their abilities, yet I keep my town win condition no matter who I become.
Well that's interesting.

Tbh though it is a Bastard setup so I don't find it hugely unlikely that there'd be two wild-card roles like that.

Mooglie

The Local Cow
Reaction score
tbh i agree that infs claims smells of fish

mafia is a game of deception

i am glad to see some have already been deceived
bastard games usually include some type of host deception - deceptive roles or mechanics, designed to screw with what the players think they know about the game
these were the key points we were told about the bastard setup in signup thread, and it has been reinforced by the name mechanics
but then in struts inf with:

that protection bypasses any target-swapping mechanics
essentially revealing to someone d0 about the deceptive mechanic of the game (admittedly this could be phrased about whatever those role names are that swap peoples actions, busses or whatever?) - danni also mentioned this already believe so credit to him for thinking about it as well!!

and they're not protected from third party kills
i mean that just straight up confirms the fact that there is some form of serial killer in the game, which has essentially been confirmed by inf saying that he saved a mafia kill on the person who has notty as a role & there being 2 kills (serial killer and ???) but who knows

also the idea of there being 2 doctors is kinda like uhhh but i guess this quite a big game & there is confirmed 3 killing roles (mafia, SK? and ???) along with a poisoner, so it is possible

it is possible but highly unlikely but it is possible that the mafia team is composed of atleast inf, jivvi, vat, and a mafia watcher (i mean this could be jivvi/inf for all i know) & they planned to make this elaborate series of claims and then also nokill last night to give inf's story some credibility, and lynch vat/whoever has vats name as a bus BUT we have to remember this is inf we're talking about so any weird plan is possible!!!!! i kinda feel like inf 'forgetting' about a mafia watcher being possible is a bit susp especially since i remember mentioning it yesterday when aqua was insistant on doc being on him and inf has a decent memory from what i can tell

IDK THESE ARE THE RAMBLINGS OF A MAD MAN

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
tbh i agree that infs claims smells of fish

these were the key points we were told about the bastard setup in signup thread, and it has been reinforced by the name mechanics
but then in struts inf with:

essentially revealing to someone d0 about the deceptive mechanic of the game (admittedly this could be phrased about whatever those role names are that swap peoples actions, busses or whatever?) - danni also mentioned this already believe so credit to him for thinking about it as well!!
Well I mean we'd have found that out after 1 lynch anyway so it's not like it was some big secret, but I guess it does kinda go against the whole deception thing if I know it right from the start but NOT MY GAME SO

Nottykitten

Nomnomnom kitteh!
Reaction score
Also since I didn't say this before but Town Iterrogator should claim their role not their name yet(unless they're nottykitten in which case r.i.p you soonTM).

[xtable=skin1|286x@]
{tbody}
{tr}
{td=101x@}Forum name{/td}
{td=173x@}Are they the Town Interrogator{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td=101x@}Notty{/td}
{td=173x@}No{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td=101x@}Iggish{/td}
{td=173x@}No {/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td=101x@}Inf{/td}
{td=173x@}No{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td=101x@}Vat{/td}
{td=173x@} {/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td=101x@}Oog{/td}
{td=173x@} {/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td=101x@}Hip{/td}
{td=173x@} {/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td=101x@}Unu{/td}
{td=173x@} {/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td=101x@}Arelic{/td}
{td=173x@} No{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td=101x@}Fog{/td}
{td=173x@} No{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td=101x@}Danni{/td}
{td=173x@} No{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td=101x@}One{/td}
{td=173x@} {/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td=101x@}Rune{/td}
{td=173x@} {/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td=101x@}Oak{/td}
{td=173x@} {/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td=101x@}Jivvi{/td}
{td=173x@} {/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td=101x@}Notme{/td}
{td=173x@} {/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td=101x@}Hk{/td}
{td=173x@} {/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td=101x@}Ltin{/td}
{td=173x@} {/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
it is possible but highly unlikely but it is possible that the mafia team is composed of atleast inf, jivvi, vat, and a mafia watcher (i mean this could be jivvi/inf for all i know) & they planned to make this elaborate series of claims and then also nokill last night to give inf's story some credibility, and lynch vat/whoever has vats name as a bus BUT we have to remember this is inf we're talking about so any weird plan is possible!!!!! i kinda feel like inf 'forgetting' about a mafia watcher being possible is a bit susp especially since i remember mentioning it yesterday when aqua was insistant on doc being on him and inf has a decent memory from what i can tell

IDK THESE ARE THE RAMBLINGS OF A MAD MAN
Also, hypothetically speaking, even if I did remember about the watcher, why would I then not consider it in my fake claim? Like why does me forgetting/remembering relate to whether I'm lying or not when in both cases it'd be beneficial to take that into consideration and not ignore it, since if I was lying then I'd not want to claim something which could easily be in danger since then I'd look suspicious for claiming a role that would then be vulnerable

Mooglie

The Local Cow
Reaction score
oh right im not the interrogator :wave:
HOW DOES IT FEEL, INF'S MAFIA TEAM, THE FEELING OF PRESSURE AS ONE OF YOU HAS TO CLAIM TOWN INTERROGATOR BUT YOU MIGHT BE CONSTRUCTING YOUR FAKE CLAIM POSTS AT THE SAME TIME :eyes:

• Informative
Reactions: Fog

Mooglie

The Local Cow
Reaction score
Also, hypothetically speaking, even if I did remember about the watcher, why would I then not consider it in my fake claim? Like why does me forgetting/remembering relate to whether I'm lying or not when in both cases it'd be beneficial to take that into consideration and not ignore it, since if I was lying then I'd not want to claim something which could easily be in danger since then I'd look suspicious for claiming a role that would then be vulnerable
hoping that noone else would remember & youd get a free doctor kill <3

i mean theres literally 10000 other ways my theory is flawed idk why you picked out that one bit