[Testing Potassium] New Forum Style

Status
Not open for further replies.

SparklyMuffinz

H2H: Here to Help
Reaction score
I get this a bit, is this something I caused? :p One time it said I was on the page but I was actually viewing the page before it.

... also I have 2 like buttons.

Overall, I like it. I was unsure at first since it's not the easiest for mobile (how I do like half of my browsing) but computer version is very nice and beautiful. Good pick, Jt.

EDIT: Actually would it be possible to change the colour of the member's names? Unless we're going to change our colours, the regular member colour is just a couple shades off from red; sometimes being easy to over look and confuse. Just for simplicity sake, was wondering if we could change it to something more noticable and different.

Last edited:
  • Thank You
Reactions: JtTorso

Nillbugwtw

Zombier than thou.
Community Admin
Donor
Reaction score
One issue I've found is that the online status is written in small, black letters with a dark blue background.

Is there any way to, at the very least, turn the text white? It would be nice if the text were green for online and red for offline, but as it currently stands it's largely unreadable(in fact, I hadn't even noticed that was there until today).

• Agree
Reactions: JtTorso

JtTorso

Reaction score
I'm not really sure what happened from yesterday to today, but some of the changes make the forums look really clustered and I think they're bad changes.
For example, in the new profile posts, the amount that shows up are far too many and the text is a lot smaller, it looks really awkward having just this wall of tinier text on the right.

The parts I circled I have small issues with. I'm not really sure what the orange RSS button does as I think it breaks when you click on it, I don't recall if we had this previously but it looks unnecessary.

The little, what I assume are meant to be pages or documents push the titles forward and it looks plain weird, it's on every thread on the portal and I don't get why.

And my fine problem is that the titles of threads are cut off. There's all that space to the right, unless a title is absurdly long then I don't see why the titles should get cut off when it's only another 4-8 characters.

Also there's the bit at the bottom, I think it's for recently replied threads, there's no way to close it/ minimize it like the rest of the forum sections.

I guess these are kinda nitpicks but they were the first thing I saw today and disliked so I figured I'd share my thoughts.

tnm

Reaction score
Unsure if this was an issue with the old forum, but I can't edit posts that have been made a while back:

(If it helps, the thread was laser tag which I tried to edit to remove the message saying it would be available on A&T to play)

----------------------
Small nitpick, but the reports link is red even if there are no active reports.

superstein

Ex-Admin
Contributor
Reaction score
GmK I love you for adding that Teamspeak plugin!

Unsure if this was an issue with the old forum, but I can't edit posts that have been made a while back:

(If it helps, the thread was laser tag which I tried to edit to remove the message saying it would be available on A&T to play)

----------------------
Small nitpick, but the reports link is red even if there are no active reports.
Did you unclick the box at the bottom that prevents necroposting first?

Status
Not open for further replies.