'Temporary' Staff Applications

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
[panel]
Hello there explorers,

A&T is going to go in to heavy planning mode to smooth out all kinks and chinks that we currently have in game-play and to also plan how future events and such are going to work. Right now, we only have 3 staff members (Shande, uhtr5r and K1nghoward) which is definitely not enough to get ideas for a good brainstorm...

So I've decided to chuck out temporary Staff Applications. Here is all the information you need to know:
  • First-Off, this temporary application system will not get you staff on the server straight away. However you will get the forum staff-rank, and be allowed to participate in all staff discussions
  • Consider it as a sort of trial... if you contribute massively and go actively (enough) on the server, then you will pass and become a fully fledged server moderator
  • The main point is; you can only apply through this process if you have significant past experience/current experience as a Staff member of Blocktopia
  • To put things into perspective: The only staff rank on the server is equivalent to OP on other servers everywhere, and that is why the above rule is needed
I am looking for people who fit a few of the following criteria:
  • Extremely creative
  • Very organised or able to plan well
  • A regular (Or someone who wishes to be a regular) on the A&T server
  • Someone who has opinions on the future of the A&T server
  • Are good at coming up with ideas and really contributing in discussions
  • Fun, laid-back... Good PR person!
  • And more!?!?
Use the following format to apply:
Code:
[B]In-game name:[/B]

[B]Past Staff Experience:[/B]

[B]Approximate Activity on the server:[/B]

[B]Reasons why you wish to be staff: [/B](How will you Contribute)[B][/B]

[B]Why do you think you will make a good staff member of A&T? [/B](What of the aforementioned qualities do you have?)

[B]Anything else you would like to add? [/B](That could help you in this application)
Fill this in with as much detail as possible, since I don't have much to go by... Your answers will be very important to my choice. Also, post your application in this thread (As the forums are glitchy currently) and I will PM YOU with my answer!

That is all for now. If I've missed anything, or if you have any queries... PM me!

[/panel][panel]

[/panel]

Dragosh

Adventurer
Reaction score
Website
blocktopia.net
In-game name: Dragosh98
Past Operator Experience: I have been Trusted on Zombie Survival for 2 months, Trusted on TNT for 2 months, and Operator on TNT for 3 months.
Approximate Activity on the server: Since it has been up, at least 1-2 hours a day. Sometimes around 3-4, if I have time.
Reasons why you wish to be staff: I want to be a staff member of A&T because of the potential I see in it. I know the great head staff will reach it, but I want to be a part of it, and help the server grow.
Why do you think you will make a good staff member of A&T? I am nice to players, and I love helping players. I'm very active, and have lots of time to staff. I like to build on ideas, to try to grow them, and make them better. If there's something I don't like, I'll think of a way that it could be made better. I am very flexible, and I am able to go on the server at almost any time if there ever comes to be a problem. I'm also good at trying to sort out issues between players. I remain fair, and will not choose a side, or let someone off more easy because I am friend with them. However, that doesn't mean I'll be the strict operator just waiting to warn someone. I also plan to stay on this server for a while. I have been waiting for a server to make my "main server". I think I'm pretty sure I have found it now though.
Anything else you would like to add? My timezone is -7. Thank you for reading my application. :)

Reactions: mariosatr

Willchill

Blocktopia's Official Octopus
Reaction score
In-game name:
Willchill

Past Staff Experience:
I was a Trusted on Zombie Survival for 4 months.

Approximate Activity on the server:
About 30 minutes a week, although I plan to improve that to 30 minutes - 1 hour a day.

Reasons why you wish to be staff:
I want to be staff because I would love to help a new server develop into something great. If I had another chance to staff, I would utilize my previous experience to further greatly improve my staffing skills. I would be a very helpful member of staff, helping with the server (suggestions, map submissions, etc.), the wiki (updating the map list frequently, adding walkthroughs for maps, general updates, etc.) and the forums (posting helpful threads, answering any PMs that people may send me, etc.). I will put all of my remaining effort into the server. I'm nearly always a laid-back person, who approaches problems with a clam and orderly manner.

Why do you think you will make a good staff member of A&T?
I have had lots of staffing experience, whilst not progressing much (only ever got promoted once), I have learned from my mistakes, and I will use my previous experiences to further improve my staffing abilities immensely. I am a very active person, (I know, I did say I only had 30 minutes a week on the server, I mean Blocktopia as a whole) who uses his activity to a maximum, helping whomever needs help. I am usually active in IRC, and, with the addition of my laptop being fixed, I will extend my activity. All in all, I'm a fun person to be around, whilst being serious most of the time, I do have fun.

Anything else you would like to add?
My Time-Zone is GMT -11 (AEST). Thanks for taking the time out of your day to read this! :D

Your's sincerely,

Willchill

Jolterino

'_>'
Mafia Host
Reaction score
In-game name: JOLTEON42

Past Staff Experience: Trusted on TNT wars for 5 months, 1 month experience of Nobility with a pending Trusted application. I have also been Operator on other server but that doesn't matter here.

Approximate Activity on the server: About 4 hours per week currently, I will however boost my activity by about 10 hours or more.

Reasons why you wish to be staff: (How will you Contribute) I wish to be staff because I love helping people and I would love to make this server better by reporting bugs, testing new maps/features, reffing PVP rounds and being a example for other members. I believe that I am helpful, friendly, mature and active. It is really an amazing idea and server, I would be honoured to staff it and improve it so it can be better than it is now.

Why do you think you will make a good staff member of A&T? (What of the aforementioned qualities do you have?) I believe I have leadership qualities (Prefect at my school), I also do believe that I am fun and laid-back. I also have quiet a few ideas which we can put into action if you think it is good ideas. I have a lot of experience (As mentioned above). Sometimes I can me immaturem, but I love watching myself improve in maturity, helpfulness and all the other qualities. Since Primordia shut down I've been looking for another premium server to settle down and I think this is the one.

Anything else you would like to add? (That could help you in this application) I live in the timezone of GMT +2, thank you for reading my application. I hope you consider me for this rank. ;)

Signed: Jolteon42

Reactions: Friendy

Malacath

God of Orcs & Destruction
Reaction score
Ingame name : Malacath

Past staff experience : I'm Trusted on Zombie Survival

Approximate activity on the server : Around 2 hours a day, sometimes less, sometimes more, depends on what I have to do in real.

Reason why you wish to be staff : Helping people out is the thing I love the most to do. Besides that, having a laugh, getting to know others better is lovely and totally fits my profile. I think it's also awesome if I can test maps/features and help this community out with improving. I'll always do whatever I can within my power to help everyone and give every person on the server a good time.

Why would you think you make a good staff member of A & T : I know how to help people and how to say things to them, using the right vocobulary and the right attitude. I also have 1 month experience with staffing on the Zombie Survival Server and I helped on Nillbug's old server flying around as OP to make sure everything was ok.
I'll be active, mature & helpfull and be the joker so everyone can laugh and have a good time. Also, since Primordia shut down I wish to spend time with the people I got to know on that server and A & T is the perfect oppertunity for me to see them often and help them out and etc.

Anything else you want to add : My timezone is GMT +1, I'd be honored if this gets approved.

Greetings,

Malacath

Reactions: Araidian

Friendy

SMP Overlord & Events Manager
Admin
Donor
Survival Staff
Reaction score
In-game name: AngelWV

Past Staff Experience: I was a Trusted on Primordia for almost 2 weeks.

Approximate Activity on the server: I play it quite often, I usually stay on for a couple hours to play my favourite games such as Payload and Gunships :3

Reasons why you wish to be staff: I want to be a staff member for this server as I do like to help users out as It gives a feeling of accomplishment knowing you've helped a member out, I would also like to Ref maps for users and do cool Commentary while they play Competitive maps, I'd Love to be able to test maps too ;)

Why do you think you will make a good staff member of A&T?: I feel I would make a good staff member as I do like to help members and did spend a quality of my time helping users on Primordia; Making sure you talk to them right so that they don't feel shunned from the server is Key in my opinion, I can be quite a laugh and not strict, though I know I am stubborn - However I have lots of Ideas for the server that Include a few new Game types aswell :)

Anything else you would like to add?: I would extremely Greatful if this got approved, My time zone is at GMT+0 (England).

Thanks for taking your time to read my App :)

Araidian

The Lucario
Reaction score
In-game name:
Araidian

Past Staff Experience:
I was previously accepted as a trusted on LoP for 2 weeks.
I was also an Ex-Operator on Lava Survival.

Approximate Activity on the server:
As of now, I'm very on and off. I only get on when my friends are on or when there is a large group on.
I would say an hour, but I'd like to improve on that to my usual 3 that I had on LoP.

Reasons why you wish to be staff: (How will you Contribute)
I believe that as a staff member, I will be able to start where I left off in LoP and keep that attitude. Whether it's explaining how to start a match to new players, or being a referee in an existing one.
Also, I have a lot of expirence with testing different features like when the first Solitude server came out. ;)

Why do you think you will make a good staff member of A&T? (What of the aforementioned qualities do you have?)
The A&T server is mostly based from having fun/ with others. So, as a staff member, I can keep that going! I like to have a great time and keep a open mind in any situation. If in any situation there is an arguement, I like to look at both sides and form a comprimise instead of say one is right and yell at the other one.

Anything else you would like to add? (That could help you in this application.)
There isn't much for me to say. I feel I could help the server progress by helping provide ideas and build if needed. My timezone is GMT -5 (U.S. EAST COAST)
I promise to be a role model for players and keep the server flowing nicely, so others can have a great time.

Signed,
Araidian

Defiant_Blob

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
Donor
Reaction score
In-game name: Defiant_Blob

Past Staff Experience: Trusted then Operator for several months on SMP/Primordia

Approximate Activity on the server: Somewhat active; if I can get together with others I'll join, or if I see players already on. I try some single player maps, but I enjoy having company more.

Reasons why you wish to be staff: I see a lot of potential in this server and believe that, while it's not at its peak at the moment, I can help it grow and become a better server through plain hard work and my ideas. Furthermore, I like being in teams and working with others.

Why do you think you will make a good staff member of A&T? I enjoy putting in my ideas and discussing the ideas of others, along with just planning projects out and making sure they follow through. In general, I'm a calm and understanding person that can usually if not always see both sides of a conflict and can know when I'm wrong. Though I am not the best in architecture when being creative, I can help with creative ideas in many other aspects. Also, I've had experience in leading and organizing many events and projects, and have worked with having a server myself. I'm an extremely active member of the community (when I'm not on the computer I'm checking the forums on my phone).

Anything else you would like to add? I can really see this server bloom into one of the biggest in the Minecraft community; I want to help make sure that happens.
Timezone: GMT -6

Thanks,
The Blob of Defiance

MilesPrower14

Reaction score
In-game name: MilesPrower14

Past Staff Experience: I have no Staff Experience on any Blocktopia server, but I am Co-Owner on one of the servers

Approximate Activity on the server: In the weekdays, about .5-1 hours,weekends about 1-3 hours(unless if I'm going somewhere)

Reasons why you wish to be staff: What I will contribute is that I will be very responsible for what I do, what they do, and what the staff members do.

Why do you think you will make a good staff member of A&T? Because a good staff member has to be very trustworthy, they can not make any lies. They also have to be active every single day.(unless if he/she is going somewhere)
Anything else you would like to add? Yes, I hope I get to be a staff members, that way I can test my staff member skills on this server and be friendly to everyone here.

Reaction score
Past Staff Experience: I have no Staff Experience on any Blocktopia server, but I am Co-Owner on one of the servers
Sorry,
You obviously didn't read the requirements for the application, and even so your application was extremely weak.

Not only is it denied but you are given an application ban for 1 month

Feel free to discuss this in a PM.

• Informative
Reactions: Willchill

Luckycow

Reaction score
Hello I would love to be a mod on this server here is my application.....

In-game name: Luckycow

Past staff exp: I have been a mod and/or admin on many servers but I am new to Blocktopia BUT I LOVE IT So far.

Approximate activity on the server: I have been playing on this server since i found it.Because i like the admins and the mods but my hours would be 2-4 hours a day.

Reasons why you wish to be a staff:It would be a great experience and I will contribute as much as i possibly can into the server I have been known helpful on a couple of servers and i would love to be known helpful on this one as well.

Why do you think you will make a good staff member of A&T?because I am good getting along with elder ranks and younger ranks and I will NOT lie.I am a trustworthy player And I will be online as much as possible.

Anything else you would like to add?yes,Staff member would be a great oppurturinty to see how good I am with being a mod or a higher rank.....

I hope you consider this.

Thank you;)

Gasy_Europeon

SURVIIIIVVVVVVOOOOOOORRRRRR
Reaction score
Hello I would love to be a mod on this server here is my application.....

In-game name: Luckycow

Past staff exp: I have been a mod and/or admin on many servers but I am new to Blocktopia BUT I LOVE IT So far.

Approximate activity on the server: I have been playing on this server since i found it.Because i like the admins and the mods but my hours would be 2-4 hours a day.

Reasons why you wish to be a staff:It would be a great experience and I will contribute as much as i possibly can into the server I have been known helpful on a couple of servers and i would love to be known helpful on this one as well.

Why do you think you will make a good staff member of A&T?because I am good getting along with elder ranks and younger ranks and I will NOT lie.I am a trustworthy player And I will be online as much as possible.

Anything else you would like to add?yes,Staff member would be a great oppurturinty to see how good I am with being a mod or a higher rank.....

I hope you consider this.

Thank you;)
http://blocktopia.net/forum/threads/applications-closed.5593/

Status
Not open for further replies.