Temporary increase of required air space

W

Wimali

I think it would be cool to have an increased required air space for houses for like a week or two weeks, just to see what happens. If people like it, you could make it permanent. If not it could be removed OR you could keep it anyway. I dunno. Thoughts/improvements?

[16:08:57] [Grandmaster] DarkHender: Oh yeah 20 air blocks for cookies
[16:09:04] [Grandmaster] DarkHender: so lava doesnt count xD
[16:09:07] [Grandmaster] Wimali_Stebox: so a 3x3x3 should do
[16:09:21] [Grandmaster] Wimali_Stebox: which leaves you an additional 7 blocks for workbenches etc
[16:09:28] [Grandmaster] DarkHender: but do 4x4x4 its much better.
[16:09:42] [VetOp] hoogilan: What if
[16:09:49] [VetOp] hoogilan: I doulbed the air requirement
[16:09:56] [VetOp] hoogilan: :>
[16:09:58] [Grandmaster] DarkHender: Then bigger homes
[16:09:58] [Grandmaster] Wimali_Stebox: you can?
[16:09:58] [Expert] Olix27: why :(
[16:10:00] [Grandmaster] DarkHender: and all my
[16:10:01] [VetOp] hoogilan: No
[16:10:15] [Grandmaster] DarkHender: listings and knowledge would be nothing DDD:<
[16:10:16] [VetOp] hoogilan: It would make more intresting houses
[16:10:17] [Grandmaster] Wimali_Stebox: a higher air requirement
[16:10:20] [Grandmaster] Wimali_Stebox: it would be nice
[16:10:22] [Grandmaster] Wimali_Stebox: like
[16:10:25] [Grandmaster] Wimali_Stebox: just to try or something
[16:10:29] [Grandmaster] DarkHender: I wouldnt mind it
[16:10:31] [Grandmaster] DarkHender: lol
[16:10:31] [VetOp] hoogilan: 30-40 air
[16:10:33] [Grandmaster] Wimali_Stebox: yes
[16:10:36] [Grandmaster] Wimali_Stebox: for like a week
[16:10:38] [Grandmaster] Wimali_Stebox: see what happens
[16:10:41] [Grandmaster] Wimali_Stebox: shall I suggest it?
[16:10:48] [Expert] Olix27: let's try it for the weak
[16:10:48] [VetOp] hoogilan: Up to you
[16:10:48] [Grandmaster] DarkHender: Yes it does
[16:10:56] [Grandmaster] Wimali_Stebox: alright
[16:10:59] [Grandmaster] Wimali_Stebox: i'm suggesting it

(got rid of unrelated text, context is us explaining things to a new player)

Last edited by a moderator:

Ogarci

Controller
Controller
Survival Staff
Reaction score
I suggested this to dirt a long time ago. He said the issue with that is that during the round end the server has to do checks of every air space that the player is in, and the reason round ends take so long is partially because of that. He said that increasing the number of air checks it has to do would only increase the toll that round ends take on the server.

Dess

The UmbreOp
Reaction score
A fun temporary solution to this would be to hold competitions every round. These could be done whenever a vetop+(Explained later) is on and they could be things like. "Build the best home themed around lava" or other things like this. While it doesn't necessarily solve this issue of small 3x3x3s it does make people want to make bigger homes with a slight reward too. The reward could be something like this:

Cost = 50 Cookies to Enter
First place gets 1/2 of the pot
Second gets a 1/2 (of the remaining pot)
Third gets 1/2 (Of the remaining pot after this)
The remaining cookies then can go to supplementary categories for things like "Most unique" or "Largest".

These could be worked on either solo or in groups and then if it is a group that wins then the cookies get split between participants.

Anyway, I'm all for something like this being done because it is not a hard effort to do and is incredibly easy to maintain.

Reactions: Psycho
W

Wimali

A fun temporary solution to this would be to hold competitions every round. These could be done whenever a vetop+(Explained later) is on and they could be things like. "Build the best home themed around lava" or other things like this. While it doesn't necessarily solve this issue of small 3x3x3s it does make people want to make bigger homes with a slight reward too. The reward could be something like this:

Cost = 50 Cookies to Enter
First place gets 1/2 of the pot
Second gets a 1/2 (of the remaining pot)
Third gets 1/2 (Of the remaining pot after this)
The remaining cookies then can go to supplementary categories for things like "Most unique" or "Largest".

These could be worked on either solo or in groups and then if it is a group that wins then the cookies get split between participants.

Anyway, I'm all for something like this being done because it is not a hard effort to do and is incredibly easy to maintain.
I remember when I was an operator I'd often do building competitions, giving the winners iron and/or diamonds (for exceptional builds) from my enderchest. I felt like it definitely added something and was a fun experience for everyone who participated. I'd say something like what you're suggesting would certainly improve RoF.

Reactions: Psycho