Teleporters

BanSwift

Geezuslike
Donor
Reaction score
During CTF, you should be able to unlock a teleporter by standing on a block (eg. Diamond) for 5 or so seconds which would either randomly teleporter you to another teleporter or to a teleporter that you unlock during the round or from the shop.

Could also be purchased as part of a team so everyone can use it on maps/locations chosen by their creators.

The teleporter, if implemented, should not teleport you directly to the opposite flag, only to other locations or closer to the enemy.

Might also cause interesting defensive techniques when they can TP closer to their flag.

Comp

AoD Dev and Admin!
Tech Lead
Community Admin
Admin
Developer
AoD Staff
Reaction score
AoDStaff Thoughts on this? I think if this was to be added, I think it should not be a shop item, but instead something which is map specific, like jump pads. The map author would specify all the locations of teleporters (may be for each team) and they would teleport players to another teleporter which was chosen at random.

Vatumok

Former CA
Reaction score
Whereas the idea has potentional, I think the maps are currently too small to work with teleporters. They would be useless or gamebreaking strong. I personally think time can right now better be spent on other things but in the future this may be cool.

Fragile

Not Former Staff
Reaction score
Website
www.clubpenguin.com
Why not add the possibility and see what we get from mapmakers? I might have some ideas too for this already ;)
I don't think it should be random though, like Teleporter A sends you to Teleporter B and can send you back, but not to teleporter C or D

SirComputer

Rainmaker
Donor
Reaction score
Whereas the idea has potentional, I think the maps are currently too small to work with teleporters. They would be useless or gamebreaking strong. I personally think time can right now better be spent on other things but in the future this may be cool.
Then just add teleporters to new maps that are designed for them? Who said we had to add them to current ones? As for what you said about time could be spent on other things, I would probably agree - balancing and getting rewards right (the subject of quite a few posts in the Suggestions subforum at the moment) should probably come first, although this doesn't need to be too far behind.
I don't think it should be random though, like Teleporter A sends you to Teleporter B and can send you back, but not to teleporter C or D
Perhaps you could have the option for both a random teleporter and a A-B teleporter - all of this should keep Other Comp busy for a while. ;)

• Agree
Reactions: Fragile and Vatumok

Naoh

Scott Pilgrim
Reaction score
I am 100% for this idea for map-makers, I think it would be a rather cool feature, and it couldn't be that difficult to implement.
This point is very strong, I agree here. However, what's the worst that could happen?

Mastersten

In Omnia Paratus
Reaction score
I would almost call this an unlockable class, pay like 10k orbs to buy a teleporter but then everyone would buy it and we would've had a chaos of portals

Further I totally support the idea of a teleport possibility

BanSwift

Geezuslike
Donor
Reaction score
I would almost call this an unlockable class, pay like 10k orbs to buy a teleporter but then everyone would buy it and we would've had a chaos of portals

Further I totally support the idea of a teleport possibility
I don't quite understand what you're trying to say. The portals will be preset on the map, defined to a specific block. It won't need portals as the map already has them.

In reference to your class, that could be an idea. You can unlock it during the map for the whole team, yourself or free for all to use.

Reactions: Fragile

BanSwift

Geezuslike
Donor
Reaction score
I'm actually completely opposed to being able to buy teleporters. That could be abused so easily. Just imagine the kill dodging in FFA and people teleporting straight to the flag in CtF
The suggestion was only suggested for the CTF gamemode (although it could work for all to a certain extent) - with the intention (mentioned in the first post) that they would not teleport a player directly to the flag and back, only as a means of attacking and backing your defenses during the map.