Team switching

Super_Goku

ukoG_repuS
Reaction score
As we all know teamswitching is against the rules and still a lot of people do it.
so here is my idea. when lets say player1 is on blue and he logs of and back on but the same map is still playing. He runs to red portal and jumps in but gets placed in blue because that is where he was at the begin of this map. Sorry if I didn't explain this well wasn't sure how to put it in words

Super_Goku

T

Tiger_087

So basically:
>Player (on red team, let's say) exits server because their team is losing.
>Player rejoins server, but goes to blue.
>Player is automatically put back on the team they started.

Like that?

superstein

Ex-Admin
Contributor
Reaction score
From what I know, there would have to be a "spreadsheet" for whichever team the player is on per game. Which would be WAY too much for the staff to keep and honestly most staff and some players with a keen eye will catch someone teamswitching and a Trusted+ can just /force player (red or blue) and voila, it's fixed.

Chao

Reaction score
Honestly, I think this is unnecessary. As superstein said, players/staff that are paying attention to the teams are all that are needed in order to prevent team switching.

• Agree
Reactions: RMcraft

KingSam

The Head Pyromaniac
Reaction score
As the rule stands at the moment, you cannot team switch to gain points. That does not refer to changing teams to balance them, it simply refers to switching to the winning team in the last section of the game, getting a kill and then getting the 100 point prize for winning.

Maybe the rule needs some clarification, I dunno.

destroyerx1

Reaction score
From what I know, there would have to be a "spreadsheet" for whichever team the player is on per game. Which would be WAY too much for the staff to keep and honestly most staff and some players with a keen eye will catch someone teamswitching and a Trusted+ can just /force player (red or blue) and voila, it's fixed.
I think the idea is for the server to keep track of it, and maybe alert staff to team switching.

Razinao

:_;
Reaction score
Simply a message of *"X" was "Y Team" when he logged off* when the guy logs on if the same map is still active since they left could work. /shrug/ I can store that kind of thing in a variable if we had a suitable thing that deleted variables after each round end.

• Agree
Reactions: GrantaClause