Tam writes stuff

Tamsanity

Reaction score
hi.
(This is actually inspired by a lucid dream I had a while ago)
I'm standing in a large field of tall grass during the night. The grass is glowing orange from the flames that are in the distance, flickering and the grasses sway in the wind.
I recognize the sounds of pain, angst, fury. Screams echo and chaos is erupting.
There's a tall man next to me, I don't know who he is and he hasn't asked who I am. I feel comfortable with him because we're standing in silence, staring at the sky. Anyone who is comfortable with silence is a friend of mine. The sky is empty and black.
We're standing in the middle of chaos, yet we're far enough in every aspect that we're in the calmest area possible. It sounds like we're in a tunnel. The sounds of complete disorder are hollow, metallic. I look out in the distance. On the horizon the flames are getting higher, the voices get quieter and slowly fade out.
I look up.
"I wish I could see more."
The man next to me looks down, his face completely nondescript.
"You can."
He extends his arms towards the sky.
Above us the heart of the Milky Way comes into sight. Millions of constellations appear. Trillions of diamonds sparkling, stars gleaming and reflecting one another until the whole sky is glittering.
Nebula twists all around, multicolor veins that intertwine with the clouds of stardust, swirling and melting to integrate itself and make it's mark in the night sky. Slowly, slowly the sky is whirling and I know anyone to witness this would be entranced.
The chaos in the distance is silenced, the flames are gone, the grass disappears and the ground becomes lunar, reflecting the sight above us like a metallic river.
There aren't any clouds in the sky, but it starts raining.
"Now we can all be one with the stars."
At first I don't understand, and then I see the raindrops.
Opalescent showers, falling from the sky like liquid fire opal. Iridescent curtains fall all around us and the ground absorbs it all, until it too becomes translucent and multicolored.