[TAG] Chaos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mmarz11

Former AoD Dev
Reaction score
Name of map: Chaos

Author: Mmarz11

Size: 231 x 231 (NOTE: The actual playable area is smaller. See Notes.)

Map boundary: Center is at (0, 0)

Kits:
Code:
Kit:
  HunterFree:
    Hunter:
    - COMPASS
  Juggernaut:
    Survivor:
    - COMPASS
  HunterLeader:
    Hunter:
    - COMPASS
  HunterStart:
    Hunter:
    - COMPASS
  SurvivorStart:
    Survivor:
    - COMPASS
Random or choose kits?: Random

Screenshots:

Screenshots:

Notes: In the map information thread there is this part about copy/paste:

Repeated Architecture. Copy/Paste is amazing and can enhance the look of the map through uniformity. Using it too much can result in players getting lost and confused. Try to add a few distinguishing details here and there so that players can easily tell where they are.
The whole point of my map is to cause confusion among the players. I could have had the rooms be made of a different material but I felt that glass would confuse players even more as they would be able to see people running and teleporting around.

Although the map is 9 x 9 x 9 of the cubes, only 5 x 5 x 5 are accessable (these are in the center). The rest are there as decoration and to keep players from being able to tell the difference of one room to another as easily.

The rooms in the 5 x 5 x 5 area each have 12 command block teleporters. There are 3 command blocks along each wall so that if multiple players try to go the same way they are able to do so without delay. Each teleporter takes the player to another room in the 5 x 5 x 5 area. There are 4 rooms that have teleporters to a specific room. There are no dead ends, players can run around without fear of getting stuck in a room waiting for their demise.

Download Link: http://www.mediafire.com/download/c9cz3acm1037mc3/Chaos.rar

Input File:
Code:
MapName: Chaos
Author: Mmarz11
BuildTime: 20
GameTime: 360
WorldTime: 14000
SpawnProtectTime: 0
WorldWeather: 0
Team0:
  SpawnType: 0
  SpawnLocation:
    ==: Vector
    x: 0
    y: 100
    z: 0
  ChooseKit: false
  OneKitPerRound: false
  KitResetTime: 0
  BoxChance: 0
Team1:
  SpawnType: 0
  SpawnLocation:
  ChooseKit: false
Centre:
WorldSize: 115
SkyLimit: 256
ResetInventory: true
CanUseLocate: false
SurvivorRestrictedPlaceAll: true
SurvivorRestrictedBreakAll: true
HunterRestrictedPlaceAll: true
HunterRestrictedBreakAll: true
MysteryBoxChance: 0
SurvivorRestrictedBreak:
SurvivorRestrictedPlace:
SurvivorRestrictedBreakEx:
HunterRestrictedPlace:
HunterRestrictedBreak:
Kit:
  HunterFree:
    Hunter:
    - COMPASS
  Juggernaut:
    Survivor:
    - COMPASS
  HunterLeader:
    Hunter:
    - COMPASS
  HunterStart:
    Hunter:
    - COMPASS
  SurvivorStart:
    Survivor:
    - COMPASS
Effects:
  Hunter:
    Starting:
      - INCREASE_DAMAGE | 1000 | 10
      - SATURATION | 1000 | 10
  Survivor:
    Starting:
      - SATURATION | 1000 | 10
Thanks for reading this thread. I look forward to hearing everyone's feedback.

froyd

Reaction score
While I like the concept of the map (especially the command blocks, we need more of those), I think you could add some more details, or try to disguise the command blocks a bit more. otherwise I think it would be fun to play in :)

MustabearXD

Reaction score
While I like the concept of the map (especially the command blocks, we need more of those), I think you could add some more details, or try to disguise the command blocks a bit more. otherwise I think it would be fun to play in :)
Maybe you can keep the glass walls but make the floor carpet to disguise the wool and a different carpet color to distinguish the teleporters.

Haysagar

AoD Con
Reaction score
Sorry for the late reply. I missed this one in the submissions. When I downloaded the map it seems that all the commands in the command blocks cleared themselves. Then it's a great concept to use command blocks to almost resemble I want to say portals? So I'm not sure how we will transfer this over to AoD but I would also like some more detail put into the map then just simple glass and command blocks. 0 for now.

Pikmon2

Reaction score
I feel like this would lag a loooot. Not to mention it looks like you just copy pasted the same box mutliple times in a row, this looks very low effort. It could be fun for tag, but maybe add something.

Mmarz11

Former AoD Dev
Reaction score
Sorry for the late reply. I missed this one in the submissions. When I downloaded the map it seems that all the commands in the command blocks cleared themselves. Then it's a great concept to use command blocks to almost resemble I want to say portals? So I'm not sure how we will transfer this over to AoD but I would also like some more detail put into the map then just simple glass and command blocks. 0 for now.

Fair enough. I've been working on a few alternatives since I submitted but nothing that I could submit instead. I was trying to change the glass to be invisible blocks but I can not seem to make them work the way I want. I liked the idea of being able to see people teleporting all around you but I think I will have to go with a more decorated room. Will work on it when I have some time.

• Thank You
Reactions: Haysagar

S_swimmer

The Speedo
Reaction score
Maybe randomly add some randomly placed dark blocks (black wool, obsidian, coal blocks, blah blah blah etc) to add to that "chaos" feel. You can leave some glass if you want so people can see the other sector-thingies, although I think it might be even better if you weren't able to see out of them. :3 Just my opinion, though.

Haysagar

AoD Con
Reaction score
Accepted! I'll be in contact with about putting this into AoD sense it will some extra work to put in. I do like the concept of using the command blocks as portals. So let's try it out!

Status
Not open for further replies.