Survival Multiplayer

Hockeyfan1852

Reaction score

Survival multiplayer has always been a server in my opinion that has a very diverse gameplay compared to the other servers. You were able to create amazing builds with your friends be able to take a break and comeback to see all the progress that has been made on your town as well as the server. The open map smp offers is nothing like the other servers which are mostly set in map rotations. You are able to explore and expand your towns or cities with the help of your friends. I know people view me for being a negative pvp player but honestly smp is so much more than pvp and having a server like JtE would still be a ton of fun. Regarding player base smp does bring in new players I have a few friends that are interested in playing as well as smp being my first premium server. The issue is always when we get about six months in and people run of things to do. Yes it is a pain to make a new server twice every year but I still feel smp should be considered to be added to the new current lineup of Escape Restart for its uniqueness compared to the other servers as well as the players it brings into our community.

Thanks for Reading,
Hockeyfan1852

Last edited:

EggNog

c:
Reaction score
To confirm the SMP is infact still in the lineup its just currently under production much like AoD. So to put your mind at ease, we will be back! Though how long we stay depends much on the popularity of the return. Thanks for the long thought out post hockey it was very nice to read over always love to see commited supporters of the SMP!

Catcocomics

Reaction score
I want to be notified when the opening day of the new SMP is known.
For DoD, I kind of got off on the wrong foot of things (first with being spawn camped by some guy with full iron armor grinding players for money, the other being trying to get to a village that's a kilometer away without any gear or food), and didn't really get into it until the month before it shut down.
What I like so much about SMP is, like hockey said, how free it pretty much is.
Sure, you can enchant and rename items in RoF and AoD,
sure, both have pvp, but they lack things that made SMP so great.
RoF has the enchanting and renaming, but most people have to spend about a month grinding cookies for ranks, resources, and xp, which are all very difficult to acquire at the first couple of ranks there, and can still be difficult to get much, even at the later ranks, especially now with the classic rounds that make it completely impossible to really gain anything besides cookies at the end of the round.
With AoD, resources and XP are generally easy to acquire, but a good deal of maps don't have anvils and enchantments tables, or are flat out tag maps where weapons are pretty much pointless, not to mention that you have to reconstruct your arsenal each and every round, or if you die.

With SMP, gaining resources and xp aren't a couple of cakewalks, but they aren't a low-chance thing either.
Gaining resources is generally fun (to a certain degree), with monsters, lava pits, and that occasional pocket of diamond ore, and I tend to enjoy shredding zombies and skeletons (or hordes of 1 HP endermen) to better build up my levels, and now with the new enchanting mechanics, I don't have to spend 3 hours waiting for the next wave of endermen to rebuild all those levels I used on that lvl 30 enchantment that gave me smite II Knockback I.

Not only that, but SMP is just the sort of thing for people who like building and then defending bases.
Ooooh, I so want to make a fortress full of death traps and then watch people find them by walking right into them.

Reactions: Hockeyfan1852

JtTorso

Reaction score
I want to be notified when the opening day of the new SMP is known.
For DoD, I kind of got off on the wrong foot of things (first with being spawn camped by some guy with full iron armor grinding players for money, the other being trying to get to a village that's a kilometer away without any gear or food), and didn't really get into it until the month before it shut down.
What I like so much about SMP is, like hockey said, how free it pretty much is.
Sure, you can enchant and rename items in RoF and AoD,
sure, both have pvp, but they lack things that made SMP so great.
RoF has the enchanting and renaming, but most people have to spend about a month grinding cookies for ranks, resources, and xp, which are all very difficult to acquire at the first couple of ranks there, and can still be difficult to get much, even at the later ranks, especially now with the classic rounds that make it completely impossible to really gain anything besides cookies at the end of the round.
With AoD, resources and XP are generally easy to acquire, but a good deal of maps don't have anvils and enchantments tables, or are flat out tag maps where weapons are pretty much pointless, not to mention that you have to reconstruct your arsenal each and every round, or if you die.

With SMP, gaining resources and xp aren't a couple of cakewalks, but they aren't a low-chance thing either.
Gaining resources is generally fun (to a certain degree), with monsters, lava pits, and that occasional pocket of diamond ore, and I tend to enjoy shredding zombies and skeletons (or hordes of 1 HP endermen) to better build up my levels, and now with the new enchanting mechanics, I don't have to spend 3 hours waiting for the next wave of endermen to rebuild all those levels I used on that lvl 30 enchantment that gave me smite II Knockback I.

Not only that, but SMP is just the sort of thing for people who like building and then defending bases.
Ooooh, I so want to make a fortress full of death traps and then watch people find them by walking right into them.
I'm not really sure.. what your point is? I recall DoD's release being announced clearly enough for me (I remember it because I missed it by a couple days because the power was out), SMP has been given a deadline for release and everyone will be informed when it will be released like every other server that has come.