[Suggestions] Weighted Bow & Smoke Grenades

CaptainCake

Captain of all things sweet and savoury
Donor
Reaction score
Name of your suggestion/idea: Weighted Bow
What is the purpose of your suggestion/idea: Basically, the Weighted Bow is a bow that has Punch I/II (Not sure) and deals 2.5 (?) hearts of damage. To help balance it out you can only shoot when fully charged (which, admittedly isn't that long) and would cost 400 points.
Why should it be implemented into the server: I think this would be helpful in knocking off opponents off edges, etc from afar and also in delaying the opposition.

Name of your suggestion/idea: Smoke Grenades
What is the purpose of your suggestion/idea: This could possibly be a re-texture of the snowball and when thrown it explodes (deals 0-0.5 hearts of damage in a small radius?) and produces a smokescreen effect (I'm not entirely sure if this is possible) that lingers for maybe 10 5 seconds. If implemented it could cost 10 points each.
Why should it be implemented into the server: You could use this to effectively 'blind' your opponent and kill them/run past or you could distract them or something. :p

I just had these random ideas and I want to hear your feedback.

Nottykitten

Nomnomnom kitteh!
Reaction score
Name of your suggestion/idea: Weighted Bow
What is the purpose of your suggestion/idea: Basically, the Weighted Bow is a bow that has Punch I/II (Not sure) and deals 2.5 (?) hearts of damage. To help balance it out you can only shoot when fully charged (which, admittedly isn't that long) and would cost 400 points.
Why should it be implemented into the server: I think this would be helpful in knocking off opponents off edges, etc from afar and also in delaying the opposition.
I have thought of this myself too. But in my eyes it seems way to OP. The person can knock you off[kill you] from a distance without any chance to fight back.

What is the purpose of your suggestion/idea: This could possibly be a re-texture of the snowball and when thrown it explodes (deals 0-0.5 hearts of damage in a small radius?) and produces a smokescreen effect (I'm not entirely sure if this is possible) that lingers for maybe 10 seconds. If implemented it could cost 10 points each.
Why should it be implemented into the server: You could use this to effectively 'blind' your opponent and kill them/run past or you could distract them or something. :p

Possibly a good idea. Might be possible by perhaps making the smoke void particles. But optifine can turn that off =/

JKangaroo

Your Local, Neighborhood Marsupial
Reaction score
What is the purpose of your suggestion/idea: This could possibly be a re-texture of the snowball and when thrown it explodes (deals 0-0.5 hearts of damage in a small radius?) and produces a smokescreen effect (I'm not entirely sure if this is possible) that lingers for maybe 10 seconds. If implemented it could cost 10 points each.

Possibly a good idea. Might be possible by perhaps making the smoke void particles. But optifine can turn that off =/
(Don't know if I read this/misinterpreted this wrong but...)
Why not just have it "blind" your opponent(s) in the surrounding area with the "blind" potion effect?
Though a less amount of time like 5 seconds seems more reasonable.
I wouldn't mind seeing such a weapon introduced. :p

CaptainCake

Donor
Reaction score
(Don't know if I read this/misinterpreted this wrong but...)
Why not just have it "blind" your opponent(s) in the surrounding area with the "blind" potion effect?
Though a less amount of time like 5 seconds seems more reasonable.
I wouldn't mind seeing such a weapon introduced. :p
I'm pretty sure that that 'blind' potion effect is basically a very thick black fog in your vision and Optifine can turn fog off.

GOODYSMOODY

Reaction score
As Notty explained before, suggestion one seems way OP. Since I haven't played premium that much (same for many), I would like a balance.
Suggestion two doesn't seem to bad, if a potion effect was used.

Defiant_Blob

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
Donor
Reaction score
Require that players not have fog turned off under the rules, simple as that.
And yes, you can argue that we can't tell if it's turned off, but you can do that with lots of stuff such as hacking Rei's Minimap for entity radar or X-ray. You can't base all rules off of what you can get from hard evidence. Sometimes you have to just trust the player's integrity~ As well, I'm sure if a player is suspected of Optifining the fog away a staff could do some sort of test to see if when they were fogged it affected their playing ability.

CaptainCake

Donor
Reaction score
Thanks for all of your replies and I agree; suggestion one is kinda OP, but I now have read several ways the smoke grenade could work and have updated the lasting time to 5 seconds.

hihihilolHI

Reaction score
Require that players not have fog turned off under the rules, simple as that.
And yes, you can argue that we can't tell if it's turned off, but you can do that with lots of stuff such as hacking Rei's Minimap for entity radar or X-ray. You can't base all rules off of what you can get from hard evidence. Sometimes you have to just trust the player's integrity~ As well, I'm sure if a player is suspected of Optifining the fog away a staff could do some sort of test to see if when they were fogged it affected their playing ability.
Now that you look at it this way, this could work. Change the rules so that optifine disabling visual impairment is illegal, and add a command to impair a person's vision, to catch people who use optifine to see through debuffs.