Suggestions for AoD 2.0/New PvP Server

Status
Not open for further replies.

Excepted

Reaction score
I believe I'm right in thinking there is an AoD 2.0 being worked on (correct me if I'm wrong) so here are some suggestions.

1) New name
I like the name AoD but I just think it could have a better name which more clearly says its a PvP server. However I don't think it should be EscapeRestart PvP but something which obviously relates to PvP and isn't dull.

2) More variety of game types
I think it would be good to have a few different modes rather than one. For example it could have an AoD type mode, A team death match mode and maybe a mode something like TNT? There's other modes I haven't mentioned which I also think could work. I don't think there should be more than 3-4 modes though as that may be too confusing.

3) Keep some old maps if possible
This isn't a massive thing but I really liked some maps such as Cubism and some other maps which I can't remember the name of (it's a while since I played AoD) which I think would be welcome on a new server along with new maps.

I miss having a server focused only on PvP and would like to see these ideas on a server. Thanks for the feedback in advance.

Last edited:

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
I really like the idea of having gamemodes like tnt mixed in. There's quite a few people who really miss tnt wars so to have a mini version of it on AoD might satisfy their needs and it hopefully wouldn't be too much to code considering it isn't a whole server! :D (But I know nothing about code so sorry if I'm wrong D:)

• Agree
Reactions: Excepted

Notme

Self-Aware Forum AI
Reaction score
Website
escaperestart.com
I really like the idea of having gamemodes like tnt mixed in. There's quite a few people who really miss tnt wars so to have a mini version of it on AoD might satisfy their needs and it hopefully wouldn't be too much to code considering it isn't a whole server! :D (But I know nothing about code so sorry if I'm wrong D:)
We could add Infection mode to it, as it got axed out.

Reactions: omgitsathong

Excepted

Reaction score
If the code isn't possible a merge with TNT is. Do you remember that map on AoD that was like TNT? More maps like that could be implented.

We could add Infection mode to it, as it got axed out.
I was thinking of suggesting that but I decided against it as its too similar to AoD for me. I'd much rather prefer an AoD game mode due to there being much more PvP.

asaechao

─═☆The Blue Bird☆═─
Reaction score
I thought it was just updating to 1.8?
superstein said:
SMP and AoD will go, BUT because both servers are being "redone" in a sense (New SMP and AoD 2.0) these servers will be down and the new forms of the servers will be presented when they are ready and run as event servers - if popular enough they will be permanent servers. I personally would prefer if we had both back at some point.
(Was in the thread, http://escaperestart.com/forum/threads/under-discussion-removal-of-some-minecraft-servers.17467/ )

AoD is in fact being worked on and all of these ideas have already been brought up, it's just a matter of whether it will be implemented when it is released. (aka I can't say much about it atm) :)

Thank you for the input regardless!

Excepted

Reaction score
(Was in the thread, http://escaperestart.com/forum/threads/under-discussion-removal-of-some-minecraft-servers.17467/ )

AoD is in fact being worked on and all of these ideas have already been brought up, it's just a matter of whether it will be implemented when it is released. :)

Thank you for the input regardless!
Okay, thought I'd seen confirmation of this somewhere, annoyed ideas have been already suggested but oh well :p . Might be a bit of a stretch but is there any idea on when to expect a new AoD (There are literally no mc PvP servers I enjoy playing at the moment)

asaechao

─═☆The Blue Bird☆═─
Reaction score
Okay, thought I'd seen confirmation of this somewhere, annoyed ideas have been already suggested but oh well :p . Might be a bit of a stretch but is there any idea on when to expect a new AoD (There are literally no mc PvP servers I enjoy playing at the moment)
That I do not know/have been told. Perhaps I will update a message for when I will know, but the only thing I can say is - not anytime soon. :p

• Thank You
Reactions: Excepted

Mastersten

In Omnia Paratus
Reaction score
Wouldn't that make the server even more laggy-er (not sure if AoD 2.o is gonna be less lag but still)

Excepted

Reaction score
why would aod have tnt as a game mode
Because then there is a better mix of modes on AoD rather than the same one over and over whilst also providing a form of TNT for the players that miss it. I get its not as good as TNT having its own server but it does at least provide some form of TNT.

Mastersten

In Omnia Paratus
Reaction score
Hold on let's go back to that TNT thing like it somehow wasn't the most bizarre thing you could've said.

All our servers focus on one type of game mode
True, but it wouldn't hurt to try something different imo.

Well......
Wouldn't that make the server even more laggy-er (not sure if AoD 2.o is gonna be less lag but still)
Wouldn't that make the server even more laggy-er
the server even more laggy-er

Status
Not open for further replies.