[Suggestion] - Tug of War Game Mode

115Predator

Reaction score
Name of your suggestion/idea:
[Game Modes] Tug of War

What is the purpose of your suggestion/idea:
The goal of Tug of War would be to either capture all five flags or to have as many flags captured by the time the round ends. A Tug of War game would start by having both teams already have two flags captured and initially are fighting to get the middle flag. Capturing the flag would be the same/similar as capturing a flag on the King Of The Hill game mode. Due to the multiple capture points, Tug of War Maps must generally be larger.

A Tug Of War map may look something like this. It would be a large map that would have specific battle areas depending on the flag areas.

Lets say the Blue Team starts on the left side of the map and the Red on the right. Initially, the gameplay will be somewhat similar to King of the Hill in which both teams are trying to capture one area. So lets say the Blues captures the middle flag which is in the plaza. The Red Team will have to fall back near the entrance of the church where their flag is located.

The gameplay will then be similar to Capture the Flag in which both teams must now try to capture each other's flag. The Blues must capture the Red flag to advance against the Red territory, and the Reds must capture the middle flag to advance towards the Blue Territory. As flags are captured, spawns will be adjusted for both teams.

Suppose the Blues end up capturing all the flags. At this point the Red team will spawn farther back and will only have two minutes (or less time if the total remaining game time is less than two minutes) to recapture their last flag or else lose the match.

So lets say the Reds do manage to recapture their last held flag. The remaining game time will go back to normal. It would be possible (though difficult) for the Reds to completely turn the tables of the match and capture all the flags which would leave the Blues in the same positions as the Reds were previously.

-The winning team is determined by the number of flags captured. So unless neither team ever manages to initially capture the middle point, there will never be ties.
-Bonus points given to the winning team will depend on how many flags the team has captured.
-Only a maximum of two flags will be able to be captured at the same time: one on the Red team and one on the Blue team. So players will not be able to go to father back on a map to capture a flag for it will be locked; flags must be captured in order.
-Spawns will change according to what flags are available to be captured. Of course, this will also change the area where the main battles will take place on the map.

Why should it be implemented into the server:
One of the things I wanted on the TNT server for a long time were large maps. I found that the common 64x64 map size from classic TNT to place restrictions on map layout, features, etc. Limitations from the classic TNT server may not have handled this gamemode too well since (if I'm correct) larger maps generally caused more lag and players' speed were always rather slow. On Premium TNT, players will be able to travel much more quickly to any area through the use of sprinting. Also, map sizes in Premium servers will not cause the same lag issues that affected Classic servers. I do expect that such a game mode will take quite a bit of effort to make, but I think it may be worth making sometime in the future.

Reactions: asaechao