[Suggestion] Time controlling for mapmakers

W

Wimali

Time controlling for mapmakers

As always, I’d like to remind you this is a suggestion. That means I would mostly just like to hear your opinion on it, see if people would want it to get implemented, if the directors want it, if it would even be realistic- The fact that I’m suggesting an idea doesn’t mean I particularly like it. (but in this case I totally want it omg)

What do you mean with ‘time controlling?

I feel like mapmakers should be able to (or would have to) choose the time (morning/night/day/noon etc.) at the start of the map. Something very simple. Just another question on the map format thing:

Starting time of the map: (or something like that)

Although this might seem like a not really important option, I feel like it’s really crucial for certain maps. Sometimes people just like to have their maps start at night (because it’s a mob-fighting map) or have it start at day, just when the night has ended (to make the map be day for as long as possible)

Another option: Eternal day/night

I feel like mapmakers should also be able to choose whether their map will be eternal day or night. For example, if they want to have a mobfighting map, they could make the spawn in a safe building or something, lit up, hard to access for mobs, and then some huge open areas while the map is always night, but also have a few lit up areas for people to build on. Also some mapmakers like to have their maps be always day so no mobs will spawn, and instead of putting glowstone everywhere and making them no-break (just look at Shire) they should be able to make it eternal day in their map.

FrenchSanta12

Voldemort
Reaction score
Yes I agree with this, but also, it would be fun if it was randomized perhaps so every time the map loads people don't actually know what it expecting them, either it's safe daylight or war.
The Eternal day\night suggestion is very interesting, but I don't agree about the glow-stone on shire and such (although the map was partly made by me) the idea of glow-stone at night is to make it more dramatic since the light "dissolves" and becomes like a magical light that fits into the theme of the map (Shire, magical place, you should visit it). Also it could be a little bit annoying since some players like the night to fight mobs, get exp or resources like bones and webs.

H

Harold1995

I think it would be kind of boring when it would be always day, and it would be anoying full of mobs at always night makes it a more challenge though:) To be honest i think the day/night should stay as it is, and besides some maps would look good with all the christmas lights:) I think the owners of the maps should be able to choose the daytime of the map however it would be fun if not all the maps are bound to a specific daytime.

• Agree
Reactions: FrenchSanta12