[suggestion] temporary invincibility

Ltin

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Name of your suggestion/idea: temporary invincibility
What is the purpose of your suggestion/idea: Whenever a player spawn that person would get 2 seconds of invincibility.
Why should it be implemented into the server: On FFA maps the spawns are scattered about the field of play, all in places where tnt can be placed. Its very annoying when I spawn, and then immideatly get killed. I feel that this is like free points for killer, as well as making people lose points without being able to even react. People should at least be able to try and retaliate.

Eeveon

Reaction score
We should actually already have this..? It's called grace and it gives a few moments of invincibility after death. I've witnessed this for myself at one point not terribly long ago, though not exactly very recently. So unless something changed from that point until now, we should still have it. Otherwise, I have no idea why it would be removed.

• Agree
Reactions: Sephhh

Ltin

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Recently i remember being killed and being teleported back into play, then teleported again, instantly. Unless i read the chat wrong, no, its not working

zezmi

The noob himself
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure it works, at least it works 95% of the time if not always. I've spawned on mines a few times in the past...3 days and they don't kill you because your invincible. Also just spawning as someone places TNT doesn't kill you because of the invincibility.

Ltin

Mafia Host
Reaction score
If its been suggested multiple times then something must not be working. Does this account for maps that spawn you in the air and you fall to the floor?

Sephhh

Supermegauber Foxy Fox!
Reaction score
Website
blocktopia.net
I believe he means that it's been suggested multiple times before, hence the implementation of the suggestion.
For those maps which do spawn you in the air and let you fall, falling does not give any damage, so I don't see any problem with that. We might work something out soon that may improve or change the grace, but I'd like to point out that we do have a grace or "temporary invincibility" every time you spawn :)

• Informative
Reactions: Ltin