Suggestion: Sponge breaking

kuilin

Masterful
Donor
Reaction score
Sponges are pretty expensive, and, more than once I have been building with a sponge when somebody who doesn't know what they're doing breaks the sponge. I propose that whenever a sponge is broken, a message is broadcast to everybody that they broke a sponge, maybe in big red letters in chat. Sponge breaking is so infrequent that this will not affect regular gameplay.

W

Wimali

I disagree that sponges are expensive, they're really cheap, even for lower-ranked players.

I would love a message to be broadcasted, however. Something like: "bram13 destroyed a sponge owned by buildbuild12". It would not only help players, but also staff. Thank you for your suggestion!

Dess

The UmbreOp
Reaction score
I wouldn't want it to be broadcast to all players. If something like this were to be enacted I would want it to send only to staff. Yes players deserve to know who broke their sponge. But I don't want it to get to the point of where that players is shunned because they made a mistake like that.

Another solution though can be to make it so that sponges are no break on all maps. Then you must be careful about using them. This does give the issue that you will be forced not to get cookies, call an operator and they can delete it for you.

Also as bram stated above. A sponge is only 25 cookies. Crafters earn 31-60 cookies. So therefore you can earn say 1-2 sponges in a round with a total of about 2-4 an hour. That isn;t very expensive.

W

Wimali

I wouldn't want it to be broadcast to all players. If something like this were to be enacted I would want it to send only to staff. Yes players deserve to know who broke their sponge. But I don't want it to get to teh point of wehre that players is shunned because they made a mistake like that.

Another solution though can be to make it so that sponges are no break on all maps. Then you must be careful about using them. This does give the issue that you will be forced not to get cookies, call an operator and they can delete it for you.

Maybe have it so it only broadcasts to the player who placed the sponge and staff members? For example, let's say I broke a sponge owned by buildbuild12, a message would appear on his client saying "Bram13 broke your sponge at x-31 y62 z14. I would defenitely not want it to have people unable to break sponges. This would be extremely annoying. Maybe have it so people can only destroy their own sponges, and grandmasters can destroy all sponges?

JtTorso

Reaction score
I wouldn't want it to be broadcast to all players. If something like this were to be enacted I would want it to send only to staff. Yes players deserve to know who broke their sponge. But I don't want it to get to the point of where that players is shunned because they made a mistake like that.

Also as bram stated above. A sponge is only 25 cookies. Crafters earn 31-60 cookies. So therefore you can earn say 1-2 sponges in a round with a total of about 2-4 an hour. That isn;t very expensive.

Or rather have it so only the person who placed the sponge (and staff) can remove it, or have it display to the person who placed the sponge who broke it.

Dess

The UmbreOp
Reaction score
Or rather have it so only the person who placed the sponge (and staff) can remove it, or have it display to the person who placed the sponge who broke it.
I don't believe it is possible to allow only one player to place/break a block. I know it is able to be done with ranks but it is going to be tricky with that.

Maybe have it so it only broadcasts to the player who placed the sponge and staff members? For example, let's say I broke a sponge owned by buildbuild12, a message would appear on his client saying "Bram13 broke your sponge at x-31 y62 z14. I would defenitely not want it to have people unable to break sponges. This would be extremely annoying. Maybe have it so people can only destroy their own sponges, and grandmasters can destroy all sponges?
Better point, I still don't think that the player needs to be aware of it. Some staff like to work in silence so that things like this aren't too much of an issue. I know that, as I said, players should be able to know who broke their sponge. But it isn't really that much of an issue that they need to be worried about. I agree that sponges not being able to be broken would be a bad idea (i was throwing it out there) but we need to look into things to prevent it.

It was stated above though that sponges being broken isn't that common so we need not worry ourselves on how to prevent it permanently just yet.

Undefined User 7

Psychosomatic
Reaction score
It is a good idea, but I agree with Dess, it should only broadcast to staff. Either way, if staff idle in irc they would have logs of who broke the sponge. (If coding permits, that is) so there's no need to publicly announce who broke the sponge. But hey, that's just my thought!

Reactions: cooliorules