(suggestion) ranks and in-game voting

Did you like this suggestion

• Total voters

Mastersten

In Omnia Paratus
Reaction score
(I typed this all on my phone so I could've made some grammar mistakes)

While is was wandering in the server I thought of an idea that could chance the Rankin system: map voting. I'm not sure if it's possible due to the multiple server plugins but still.

After you get builder or adv builder the fun of BB is partially gone (correct me if I'm wrong)
So what if there where more ranks and if you could actually "buy" ranks.
So my idea is, when you get the first Rankup, builder, you get the possibility to /like a player's plot, each /like gives you 1 point/coin/dollar. After you get an x amount of points/coins/dollars you will be able to buy the next rank EG Mason. After you get Mason you need to get more points/coins/dollars to get the next rank EG Architect. BUT, AFTER you obtained this rank you.need to apply for the next rank EG Advbuilder. After that rank it won't stop, you can get more special ranks like a prestige rank not stolen from RoF that you can get bin winning events, competitions or other stuff. EG Dreamer, Visionary, All-star

Reactions: chicken23456789

Psycho

Insufficient Data
Donor
Reaction score
New ranks are already being considered but I believe that Nill said that they will be released once Mojang/Bukkit work their mess out with a working 1.8 Bukkit release.

Also, the idea of Titles has been brought up but were never really fleshed out by the staff. I think that they would work best for competition winners like you said.

Regarding the idea of bought ranks -- I don't really like the idea because all you really need is a lot of people to like your plot regardless of building skill and you'd probably get an aesthetic rank with no perks whatsoever.

• Agree
Reactions: froyd and S_swimmer

SirComputer

Rainmaker
Donor
Reaction score
New ranks are already being considered but I believe that Nill said that they will be released once Mojang/Bukkit work their mess out with a working 1.8 Bukkit release.

Also, the idea of Titles has been brought up but were never really fleshed out by the staff. I think that they would work best for competition winners like you said.

Regarding the idea of bought ranks -- I don't really like the idea because all you really need is a lot of people to like your plot regardless of building skill and you'd probably get an aesthetic rank with no perks whatsoever.
I fully agree with this. As for the Bukkit mess, there's a new api being developed by the minecraft community's coding giants.

• Informative
Reactions: 1 person

Mastersten

In Omnia Paratus
Reaction score
- only builder+ can vote
- the amount of likes you would need would probably be 30 or more
- you can only use the buying system twice to rank up (from builder to (..1..) and from (..1..) to (..2..)

And yes of course it will happen a lot that people will beg/ask player's to like their map so maybe a cool down of a day after one gets a vote. It's only a suggestion.

(You would need a lot of builder+ friends to get to the next rank :eek: )

superhalo6

Reaction score
- only builder+ can vote
- the amount of likes you would need would probably be 30 or more
- you can only use the buying system twice to rank up (from builder to (..1..) and from (..1..) to (..2..)

And yes of course it will happen a lot that people will beg/ask player's to like their map so maybe a cool down of a day after one gets a vote. It's only a suggestion.

(You would need a lot of builder+ friends to get to the next rank :eek: )
30 may be a bit too much, max I've seen is 6 players on BB from what I can recall.

JayJay

The Melon
Reaction score
Right so here's what I think on this idea, Heres the plus:
Well more ranks would be nice, so I can't grumble there.
And here's the downside:
Well going up a round because someone likes your plot is not very good due to the fact [Operator]+ grades your build, could you trust a new person too know what to judge your build by?
Well I have too go now so this is why my answer is short D:

S_swimmer

The Speedo
Reaction score
I'm not going to touch upon the begging for likes and getting likes based on how many friends you have thing because people have already said that.

I will say this, though:

I don't know many players that stroll through the plots world often, nor do I think that there is any way that they will get to a distant plot. The plots world is so vast and only keeps growing; the chances of someone just finding your plot are one in a million. Therefore, the only way you are likely to get a like for your plot is by asking people online, be they friends, acquaintances, or complete strangers. It can be easy to "prey on the weakest ones" - just ask some players who you think are rather bad at building compared to you and they'll be impressed by your build and go "woaaaAa!11!1@@2!!1!!!!" and like it. Being on enough to find these guys can get you to rack up some easy likes and get the next rank (I do not mean to offend anybody, but players like these do exist, and normally are too new to have a forums account anyway). Also, maybe you ask someone to check out your plot and give you a like. They see your plot and think its actually pretty empty or doesn't really look that good, but there you are, right next to them, with those little puppy dog eyes and they don't want to be mean so they just go "uhhhhh ok." Please do not put me in an awkward social situation if your plot has 1 or 2 builds. I just think that the idea of getting ranks based on plot likes is too flimsy. Maybe we could make plot likes and builder points work with a /bptop and such, but I feel like getting ranks with a certain amount of points isn't going to work out.