[Suggestion] Parkour server KoP (Kingdom of Parkour)

Is this a good idea?

• Yes (explain)

Votes: 4 17.4%
  • No (explain)

Votes: 11 47.8%
  • Maybe (explain)

Votes: 8 34.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

jummbl

Reaction score
So, I'll start with saying I HAVE searched up this idea, and from the topics I read my idea differs very much so from all the other parkour server suggestions. Secondly, the name could change. It's okay, but someone could do better.
So, here's the basically of it; There are three kinds of maps to play on for this server.

Teams - ("Jail-Break" or "Jail")(Time limit (depends on map)

There are two teams, with two different colors representing the teams. (May differ on map.)
One team is called "Escapees," and the other "Pursuers" (names could change.)
Basically the Escapees start on one end/area of a parkour map. (the floors must be lava, water, or void.) and are givin no items, unless bought from the shop. (see bottom) The Pursuers start on another part of the map, which an be the end or near the middle. (the latter is preferred.) The Pursuers are givin either Snowballs, (Retextured as something else, perhaps a rock or something like that) Stone swords (retextured like police batons) and maybe some other items. The Pursuers' goal is to stop the escapees from reaching the goal before the time limit.

Points are givin for either;
knocking a player off of parkour, (either into lava or void,) -(one point)
for killing a member of the opposite team, -(one point)
or reaching the goal. (First person to reach goal ends round.) -(five points)

Points are called "Skill". Skill earns you ranks and items from the shop.

Free-for-All - (Time limit (depends on map)

Much like teams, but free for all. First to goal wins.

Skill is givin for either;
or reaching the goal. (First person to reach goal ends round.) -(five points)

Lava trial ("King of the hill"(time: 8:00 (lava rises three times, first at 2:00, then 4:00, finally at 6:00 (lava rises 15 blocks per time rise 1 block per second, from bottom of map)

Players start from an area on the map near the bottom, where they parkour up to a central platform at the top of the map. As the players escape the rising lava, people who have reached the top must fight to be one of three people on the top. After the time limit, three people on the top will be givin either first, second, or third place depending on time spent on top. Players must knock other players off of the central top platform to be on the longest.

Skill is givin for either;
killing another player, -(one point)
getting third place, -(two points)
getting second place, -(thee points)
or getting first place. -(five points)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Available game modes:
Spectator:
You are unable to speak to the players, but you can view and talk with other spectators as you fly around. You are in creative mode, but unable to break blocks. You are invisible to the players.

Commands:
/ragequit
/money (shows you the amount of skill you have accumulated)
/ranks (same rank system as AoD)
/kill
/gift [Player] or /g [Player] (gives player item you are currently holding)

RULES:
1) No Enderpearls.
Do not place enderpearls anywhere in your map. all areas of your map must be accessible through parkour.
2) No diamond tools/weapons.
3) Basic BT rules, no excessive swearing, no caps, etc.
4) No cheating what-so-ever.

Shop items:
Rock (snowball) - 1 point(s)
Shiv (wooden sword) - 3 point(s)
Potion of jumpboost - 5 point(s)
Baton (stone sword) - 6 point(s)
Lighter (flint and steel) - 6 point(s)
(more items could be in shop, such as other weapons.)

Ranks:
Nimble - 1,000 points
Clever - 1,000 points
Cunning - 5,000 points
Agile - 5,000 points
Featherfalling - 5,000 points
Parkour Paladin - 10,000 points
King of the Trees - 10,000 points
Ancient Avian - 40,000 points (custom intro/outro, predetermined)
Mr. President - 60,000 points
(can't think of any other names.)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Welp, that's my idea. Tell me what you think.

Chips

Reaction score
Parkour could easily be in Buildbox, Army of Darkness, or even Premium TNT. Maybe even Rituals of Fire if they wanted to. I don't think parkour is good enough for a whole server, and a server is not easy to make, or maintain.

• Agree
Reactions: zezmi and Notme

Txboy1234

Reaction score
Holy crap that was thought out... I have seen servers that get alot of people just to do parkour. I like the idea, the only problem is it would never happen in this community.

Chillingworth

Ex-Zombie VetOp | Ex-AoD Op
Reaction score
I like this idea, but there are a few hurdles we need to look at.

1.) We need to expend more energy into keeping our other servers alive instead of expanding and attempting to add yet another server. Then again, I wonder if deleting an inactive server and replacing it with this would draw larger crowds - who knows.

2.) Closed mindset. Let's face it guys. As a whole, this community hates change. Despises it. A new server would be hard to agree on amongst our playerbase that is very vocal and very opinionated.

3.) As Jeff0521 said, premium parkour kinda sucks. The big reason why is the existence of sprint - it lags and is hard to control at times. This is what made Classic Zombie parkour so fun; it was fluid and easy to control/pick up.

All in all, I could really get behind this idea but it would have to be able to pass the criteria above.

• Agree
Reactions: Jeff0521

Pick Yer Poison

is a kid now, is a squid now
Reaction score
Website
itisntrocketscience.tumblr.com
First of all: thank you for actually searching and making sure your idea wasn't an old one.

Now, on to the idea.

Fluid, parkour-like movement is...not really Minecraft's strong suit. Vaults, tic-tacs, wallclimbs, etc. are all things that would contribute to an exciting freerunning multiplayer game, but Minecraft only has sprinting, and, as stated previously, lag and glitches keep it from shining in and of itself, let alone as a large component of a server.

With some rigorous polishing, it might be an interesting addition to one of our current servers (à la Deathrun, perhaps?), but as it stands I don't think a server based on it would be very successful.

Reactions: hihihilolHI

Da Jinks

Political Nerd
Reaction score
If this was classic, yes.

But you see, parkour in premium Minecraft just isn't that great.

I have to highly disagree, there are lots of enchants you can give players to make the parkour maps extravagant that you just couldn't do in Classic. Jump Boosts, Speed and all the other stuff. Plus, ice, fences, ladders, etc. give a variety of options for parkour map makers.

Status
Not open for further replies.