[Suggestion] One more storage chest

W

Wimali

One More Storage Chest
As always, I’d like to remind you this is a suggestion. That means I would mostly just like to hear your opinion on it, see if people would want it to get implemented, if the directors want it, if it would even be realistic- The fact that I’m suggesting an idea doesn’t mean I particularly like it.

A note to the higher staff

Hey, directors and controllers, I realize buildbuild12 and I have both suggested a similar idea to this before, but I feel like this feature would be a whole lot different than the previously suggested ideas- not as silly and overpowered.

What is it?

I feel like Grandmasters should be able to buy one more storage chest- Just one. This would be really, really expensive (I’m currently still thinking it should cost around 100k). They’d only be able to buy one more chest, and could possibly buy their chests using this command:

/ec buy 2 (enderchest buy 2)

The first enderchest would still be free, of course. Then the people would also be able to switch chests using this command:
/ec set 1 (or 2)

This might just look overpowered to some people, or not needed to some people, but I can assure you a lot of people would love one more enderchest and would be willing to pay 100k for it. After all, the price is quite expensive, so I wouldn’t say it’s really overpowered.

W

Wimali

Its impossible: Enderchests are tied to players inventory.
I've seen it happen before on prison servers- Not with enderchests, but with normal chests. I've got the feeling this could be edited to work for enderchests, however. Maybe a developer from any server could tell us if that's possible or not.

• Informative
Reactions: crafter

crafter

Reaction score
I feel like making it super expensive would be good. Once you get to GM you feel like its end game and you really don't know what to save up for.

kuilin

Masterful
Donor
Reaction score
I agree, and I think this is definitely possible. What with openinv opening player's inventory like a chest, the "bluntest" idea I have is creating a "pseudo-player" who exists just for the purpose of opening their inventory for a 2nd ender chest...
Of course, there's better ideas, but this is just to say that it's possible.

I think that it should be 100k cookies to "buy" the 2nd ender chest and a lesser amount to use/spawn it. Also, if this were put into place, I'd like to be able to specify which ender chest I'm crafting when I do craft ender chests.

W

Wimali

I agree, and I think this is definitely possible. What with openinv opening player's inventory like a chest, the "bluntest" idea I have is creating a "pseudo-player" who exists just for the purpose of opening their inventory for a 2nd ender chest...
Of course, there's better ideas, but this is just to say that it's possible.

I think that it should be 100k cookies to "buy" the 2nd ender chest and a lesser amount to use/spawn it. Also, if this were put into place, I'd like to be able to specify which ender chest I'm crafting when I do craft ender chests.
No need to specify what ender chest you're using. You would be able to use a command to select what chest shound open when you right-click an enderchest:
/ec set chest1 (or chest2)

W

Wimali

I don't like this suggestion. I think crafters+ should be happy that they actually even have an ender chest, there could be no ender chest at all. One ender-chest is challenging, part of the game, if you'd have two ender-chests that would be too easy.

I do agree that it could make the game really easy, but I think the fact that it would cost 100k really makes up for that.

W

Wimali

I don't like this suggestion. I think crafters+ should be happy that they actually even have an ender chest, there could be no ender chest at all. One ender-chest is challenging, part of the game, if you'd have two ender-chests that would be too easy.

I do agree that it could make the game really easy, but I think the fact that it would cost 100k really makes up for that.
Probably means they're GrandMaster, and it's more easy buying Bottles O' Enchantment and dia armor/tools all the time instead of keeping them in an enderchest in my opinion. There's not much you need in the ender-chest; Coal, Iron ingots, Gold ingots, Emeralds, Diamonds, Redstone and maybe some food. In my opinion one enderchest is enough, you got to let go of some stuff (you can probably buy tools anyway if you are able to pay 100k for another enderchest).

Well, I as a player can say that I've felt the need for more storage before :3
I've seen others want more place as well. The reason?

- Enchanted tools. If you're an active grandmaster, you'll have more than you will actually use
- Heads
- Ores, minerals
- safe blocks

• Informative
Reactions: FrenchSanta12
W

Wimali

Probably means they're GrandMaster, and it's more easy buying Bottles O' Enchantment and dia armor/tools all the time instead of keeping them in an enderchest in my opinion. There's not much you need in the ender-chest; Coal, Iron ingots, Gold ingots, Emeralds, Diamonds, Redstone and maybe some food. In my opinion one enderchest is enough, you got to let go of some stuff (you can probably buy tools anyway if you are able to pay 100k for another enderchest).

Well, I as a player can say that I've felt the need for more storage before :3
I've seen others want more place as well. The reason?

- Enchanted tools. If you're an active grandmaster, you'll have more than you will actually use
- Heads
- Ores, minerals
- safe blocks
Ah well those things yes, especially heads. I myself felt the need for more storage, but I had it with disks (back to when it was fun). But still, I like it when it's challenging x3
That is true, but keep in mind:
There's only four players with over 100k right now. Of which only two players active. So really, not a lot of people will be able to buy it, and some might even think it's not worth the money. And as always, it's optional. If people want a challenge, they don't buy it :D

IQD

why we can't have nice things
Contributor
Reaction score
Could possibly see this working in some form of a bank vault or something for certain players on a separate world, but I dunno if it'd be completely necessary. Might make the game a little bit too easy unless there were a pretty big entrance fee, maybe even with upkeep costs.

• Agree
Reactions: FrenchSanta12
W

Wimali

Could possibly see this working in some form of a bank vault or something for certain players on a separate world, but I dunno if it'd be completely necessary. Might make the game a little bit too easy unless there were a pretty big entrance fee, maybe even with upkeep costs.

How about the chests initially cost 100k, and you have to pay 1k to access your second chest? You would, however, be able to access your first one totally for free.