Accepted [Suggestion] Limit the Gamemode by the number of people

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iggish

Reaction score
If you have clicked on this, you have seen the title, and if you have seen the title, it is pretty obvious what this is about:
Quite frankly, gamemodes like CTF should not be available to vote for if the playcount is under a certain amount. 3 player ctf is shocking and 2 play ctf isn't exactly fun either. Gameplay is non-existent, and quite commonly, stuff like this kills aod. When aod starts up it should be encouraged kind of like a fire until it blazes. That is to say, it should try to keep people on until other people join. 3 player ctf discourages this as people just leave and like that, there are zero people on aod again. I'm suggesting something like it only comes up in vote if 4+ (you can change this if you want) people are online to begin with.

If this isn't implemented, then ATLEAST make it that juggernaut is like this. I was on earlier with a new guy and it was a 1v1 jugg on morse summit. (wasn't pretty)

This could also maybe happen with maps in the future. Large maps like morse summit, windy hills, aquatica (you get the idea) are not good with 2-3 people on.

Thanks for reading,
Iggles Iggy ;)

Comp

AoD Dev and Admin!
Tech Lead
Community Admin
Admin
Developer
AoD Staff
Reaction score
I automatically get alerts from all threads created in the AoD subforum, so no need to tag me ;)

We have floated around the idea of limiting game modes for player count before, and the only issue I had with it was that if only a few players are online, they would be limited by the game modes that they could play. Other than that, I am in support of the idea.

Something related was the idea of having a config option for maps which would allow map makers to specify a minimum number of players who could play the map. With the addition of kits to CTF which means that guns and shovels do not need to be in all maps could help here - I think that CTF game play could be decent without the guns when a low player count is online. This could replace the idea of limiting game modes specifically. It could also work the other way around here - maps which are better for lower player counts map not appear in voting if there are large numbers of players online. A downside of this though, is it would mean that if the player count for the server remains steady, maps may appear too often, so a potential fix could be to add a random aspect to it so a map which had been designed for, e.g., +- 3 players than the current number online, could also appear. Just some thoughts.

As for juggernaut rounds occurring with a low number of players online, that is actually a bug, so I'll fix it ASAP.

Status
Not open for further replies.